So if fess can increase 25 in strength and loss 25 in aim, melee damage the same?

Elion

Think the topic just about covers it, but to be clear;

I got a armour piece for fess increasing his strenght by 25 , but then decreasing his aim by 25 to... so I was wondering about how this would inflict the damage he gives..

Im not sure if the base values still contributes in an equal number to the damage per stat (say strengtht or aim)

So tought I would ask here. I do know its best to go with aim since he gains his bonus, but im curious about the different stats actually inflict in the same way per stat compared to bonus.

Strength affects melee combat and Aim affects ranged combat. They are separate and distinct so I guess I don't understand what you are asking. The "better" depends on how you are using him and what weapon he is wielding.

EDIT: I just looked up Fess's stats. A melee with Aim seems weird to me but his primary stat is Aim so you should max Aim. According to everything I have read, you should just about always go with the primary stat because it gives a bonus in all situatiions

Unlike other MMOs, the primary stat in SWTOR covers all combat abilities of a particular character including melee, ranged, Force, and Tech abilities. The primary stat also covers all damage and healing output. Make no mistake, raising the primary stat as much as possible is the correct way to go in this game.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=88942

Edited by Owsley

There are several companions who fight in melee, but use aim as their primary stat.

They usually use both melee attacks and tech based special attacks.

Especially their aoe damage is all tech, not melee.

Giving them strength gear would only increase their melee damage.

Giving them gear with their primary stat (aim), will increase both types of damage they deal (in this case both melee and tech damage)

So this is why aim is better for that type of companion.

It only depends on what the primary stat is for that companion.

Yes, and Qyzen-Fess' primary stat is aim.

Like I said, strength is not totally useless to him, but strength only increases damage and crit on some of his abilities, while aim increases damage and crit for all his abilities.

This is why his primary stat, aim, is always better than anything else.

If you replace aim with strength, those of his attacks that do pure melee damage will do same damage, but those special attacks that do tech damage will be doing lower damage.

Edited by Eternalnight