34 Champion bags - sigh

Beef_Cake

Yes, 34 Champion bags I just opened only to get:

3 Boots

3 Relics

Awesome, 2 weeks worth of collecting to get ******* quadruples!

How about changing the Champion Vendor to match that of the Battlemaster Vendor, at least we can buy what we want with these tokens instead of collecting doubles, triples and quadruples all the damn time.

Edited by Beef_Cake

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel your pain.

I ran raids back in the day on wow, and I never finished my locks pieces.

ran raid after raid, after raid. every week and never got the drop.

welcome to the club

and when it did drop, guess what.. I had to chance it with another lock.

and the guild leader would decide, not some random number generator

Edited by Yamok

3 Boots

3 Relics

Wow feel for you. The last 2 weeks bags I've had =

2 tops

3 offhand sabers

1 legs

2 helms

4 relics

some implants etc (i think)

Guessing its just luck.

I'd like to see the vendors give us a conversion for the extra pieces we get, I'd be happier with Centurion Commendation than to have **** I can't use because I already have it.

When you get a Unassembled token, you also get 1 Centurion Commendation.

When you don't get a Unassembled token, you get 3 Centurion Commendations.

Let us trade the Unassembled tokens to the vendor for 2 Centurion Commendations, instead of getting extra pieces we can do jack **** with. At least I could buy Centurion Gear for my companions.

No wonder people exploit the game, crap like this makes them want to exploit the system.

Edited by Beef_Cake

I'd like to see the vendors give us a conversion for the extra pieces we get, I'd be happier with Centurion Commendation than to have **** I can't use because I already have it.

When you get a Unassembled token, you also get 1 Centurion Commendation.

When you don't get a Unassembled token, you get 3 Centurion Commendations.

Let us trade the Unassembled tokens to the vendor for 2 Centurion Commendations, instead of getting extra pieces we can do jack **** with. At least I could buy Centurion Gear for my companions.

No wonder people exploit the game, crap like this makes them want to exploit the system.

Same times I like getting the extra piece only if it has mods I can use but I agree that there should be an option for u to get something else.

3 Boots

3 Relics

How about changing the Champion Vendor to match that of the Battlemaster Vendor, at least we can buy what we want with these tokens instead of collecting doubles, triples and quadruples all the damn time.

keep truckin.... everyone u c, has a story. that's how RnG is.

i have quads n triple dups too... but i kept pluggin away and now am full champ n moving to BM stuff....... this is prolly around 90+ bags over 3 weeks.

Well, I can understand your frustration, but RNG is what MMOs have always been about, at least in PvE and now it has been introduced in PvP.

I have been running pve for 3 weeks now and I don't have a single Columi piece, while one of my companions actually has a pve set bonus, pve weapon and shield. And that is from the greed rolls. You have 2 pieces at least :)

Same, I feel your pain man. The champion bag "luck" system is really, really dumb.

I concur.

I was lucky with my first 6 bags, receiving 4 items, but since then it's been nothing but Commendations for over two weeks.

It's frustrating knowing your character is making zero reliable progress.

I agree this RNG crap is just that.

Battlemaster bags are even worse. You can get 2 a day top end and they have a "chance" of giving you a BM token. It seems like 90% of the time all i get are Champion Commendations which are WORTHLESS. By the time you get BM you don't need any Champ gear at all. Look I know its better to get the commendations for BM gear so you don't get 12 of the same item, but Enough with the RNG Its simply an epic fail.

RNG Has always been a sloppy way of dealing with loot. It tells players that putting your time and effort into something doesn't really matter because 1 guy can get 5 in a row while another player that put in the same time gets jack-all.

At least let us buy up. BM's still get 2 kinds of commendations that are WORTHLESS to them for anything but gearing up their companions. Let us use those commendations to buy up to the level we are on.

Even on a 10 to 1 ratio its still a better system that RNG.

At least I could buy Centurion Gear for my companions

Eh? Why not just use the duplicate Unassembled pieces to buy Champion gear for your companions? I'm fortunate enough not to have got a double yet but a guildie has one of his companions decked out in at least three pieces of Champ gear by now.

Its not so bad.

Try getting gear from PVE and youll see what I mean. The PVE grind is 100 times worse.

Do go on explain to us in great detail how one random number generator is worse that the other. oh and "because it's ME!" isn't valid.

Do go on explain to us in great detail how one random number generator is worse that the other. oh and "because it's ME!" isn't valid.

Well you dont need a group to get the PVP gear.

You dont need to spend hours waiting for people to form a group and a few more hours getting through a flashpoint just to get a chance to get a drop.

PVP gear is much easier. You can do dailies/weekly alone. Its a lot more casual.

16 bags here and ONE implant. I have zero pvp gear just about and Im sick of getting facerolled by people with gear, I just dont stand a chance. So I made an alt and I am hoping to get to valor level 60 before I hit level 50 for a somewhat competitive edge. However I imagine I am going to see the same crappy bag crits. They really need to come up with a better or more organized system. 16 bags and one item? Well that would be ok if EVERYONE else didnt have battlemaster gear. Super frustrating... :mad: Honestly if something doesn't change in the pvp gear arena soon, I dont think I can stay around much longer. I love this game, but when it comes to pvp, its just no fun when I cant get access to the gear.

Suggestion: Maybe increase the commendations for each bag. And instead of an unassembled item, just have an generic item (or unique commendation) that can be traded for ANY pvp item that way we don't get 4 implants in a row. That just isn't fun.

Well you dont need a group to get the PVP gear.

Yes you do, unless you like loosing a lot and taking even longer to get the gear. I'll wager that getting one bag takes longer than killing any one HM boss, and even then it's not guaranteed.

So please take your 'my hurt is worse' qq elsewhere :p

Eh? Why not just use the duplicate Unassembled pieces to buy Champion gear for your companions? I'm fortunate enough not to have got a double yet but a guildie has one of his companions decked out in at least three pieces of Champ gear by now.

Because when you get a Champion Unassembled Token it's for your class, I can't go buy a Heavy Armor or Medium Armor with my light armor Token.

If the Champion Vendor was like the Battlemaster Vendor, I could use the token to buy what I want for whatever companion I want. But as it is right not, its garbage.

Well, I can understand your frustration, but RNG is what MMOs have always been about, at least in PvE and now it has been introduced in PvP.

No, it's not what MMOs are about, BAD ones force an RNG to artificially inflate your play time, I should want to keeping playing pvp because it is fun, NOT because I've only gotten 1 champ piece I can use.

For example in Star Wars Galaxies, Jump to Lightspeed, a large portion of that community continued to PVP without doing any 'looting' which was the way you improved your ship. We PVP'd because it was fun.

You find most people satisfied with reward systems where you get tokens rather than RNG short of hardcore raiders from WOW who think that all that time they spend masterb...I mean raiding makes them special.

Yes you do, unless you like loosing a lot and taking even longer to get the gear. I'll wager that getting one bag takes longer than killing any one HM boss, and even then it's not guaranteed.

So please take your 'my hurt is worse' qq elsewhere :p

Well I dont play warzones because they never ever spawn. I just do the Ilum armaments crap.

Well I still havent been able to complete a hard mode flashpoint and I have 5 pieces of PVP gear so at least for me PVP-gear is a lot easier to get. *shrugs*

Edited by Radiozo

I don't know what you guys are complaining about. If you want to grind your gear so bad here's what you do:

A) Grind to valor rank 60 and don't even look at the gear you loot from the champion bags

B) When you get to valor rank 60 grind your Champion commendations from BM bags.

Congratulations, you got your Champion gear grind.