Increase heat and casting time of tracer missiles

beyou

i totaly and i mean totaly agree with this

tracer missile and grav round need to cost more heat/rounds and need a 15 to 20 second cooldown.

they will still be very effective except people will have to learn how to play there class and rotate abilitys instead of pwning everying with 1 button spamming

Yey the troll hade made it to this thread to!!!

Your suggestions are so intelligent im amazed^^

On-topic: No tracer missile/grav round don't need a nerf, what mercs/commandos need is the removal of some procs from tracer and have them added to another skill.

There, all the tracer spamming noobs just got nerfed while the good players are still viable.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would definately vote to spread the debuffs/buffs of grav round to other damaging abilities. That will make my class less easier to confront. Now the only thing one has to do is to interrupt or increase the cooldown of my grav round and make my class less usefull.

But to be honest to complain about a class that most of the buffs/debuffs are coming from one ability that can be interrupted:

with no LOS

stuns

knockbacks

knockdowns

and has a cast time which means stationary target. Stationary target in PvP = free valor. Even if they change the grav round people will start complain for the next rotation because they will not be able to effectively shutdown commando if the buffs/debuffs spread in different abilities.

One cast skill spamming class=easy to shut down/kill in PvP

this dude had like 2-3 players next to him at all times. i can lay down some good damage when i have teammates backing me up, name one class that doesnt benefit from team support. next argument please

Name the class that can kill the enemy using 1 button? ( with all the backup it needs)

Next argument please

L2p.

Expertise increases reduction and dammage. The crit hits higher too, ergo the dammage stays the same.

17 k hp is due to more endurance on your armor. Guess what, power and surge are increased by that same armor too. It takes maybe 1 more tracer to kill you.

To all others: yes he can be interupted etc.....

But the point still stands:

This class has everything it needs for dammage on one button. I cant imagine why anyone would find that right. Or even defends this.

l2p? Are you illiterate? I am doing fine. If you are having problem with arsenal mercs (again, I play pyro), it is clearly you who needs to "l2p."

As for expertise, yes, it increases both reduction and damage. But my point is that you see the 4-5k hits on people WITHOUT expertise. Once you face someone with equal expertise the damage is back in line.

I almost feel offended when an arsenal merc focuses on me. It is like a little fly buzzing around. I'll turn around and burn him while LOS him.

Arsenal mercs are a burst class with 0 mobility or utility. And burst may dominate in early levels or when people aren't geared. But when people start hitting 17k-20k hp, burst becomes a lot less relevant.

This is the sad part about these forums: a bunch of mouth breathers yelling "nerf" and "l2p" because of what happens in random inconsequential pre 50 warzones.

Anyone with a high valor level and gear knows that most classes are just fine once everyone is geared. If anything, healers are op.

Until yesterday I thought tracer missiles were fine. But then I saw this

He plays noobstyle,(although he isnt) against other noobs and clearly shows that those missiles are overpowered.

If he would face experienced pvp ers he could use his knockbacks, stuns, vent heat, and he would still own them.

To all those who have no trouble beating the tracer spam, imagine what you could do if you had such skills available in your class.

So tune it down a tiny little bit. Make them generate 2,3 points more heat, and increase the casting time by 0,1 or 0,2 seconds. I guess those changes would already help a lot.

Shut up you're bad.

Mercs and Commandos are free kills.

You've got to understand that the 2 points in power barrier gives you a 10% defensive shield for 15 seconds. 2% per tracer missile which is stackable 5 times. Personally, I also use unload, fusion missile, and rail shot. The standard stun, and the stun from concussion missile also. But, yeah you are right, the main attack is tracer missile. Edited by Chiricahua

i totaly and i mean totaly agree with this

tracer missile and grav round need to cost more heat/rounds and need a 15 to 20 second cooldown.

they will still be very effective except people will have to learn how to play there class and rotate abilitys instead of pwning everying with 1 button spamming

LOL - Baddie. 15 to 20 second cooldown tells me you know nothing of how an Arsenal Merc HAS to play.

I would definately vote to spread the debuffs/buffs of grav round to other damaging abilities. That will make my class less easier to confront. Now the only thing one has to do is to interrupt or increase the cooldown of my grav round and make my class less usefull.

But to be honest to complain about a class that most of the buffs/debuffs are coming from one ability that can be interrupted:

with no LOS

stuns

knockbacks

knockdowns

and has a cast time which means stationary target. Stationary target in PvP = free valor. Even if they change the grav round people will start complain for the next rotation because they will not be able to effectively shutdown commando if the buffs/debuffs spread in different abilities.

One cast skill spamming class=easy to shut down/kill in PvP

^-That

Breaking news...

No one should be able to deal that kind of dammage with one button.

And namecalling those who point that out does not change anything.

actually you are wrong....bioware made the class 80% optimal with a one button spam, its a noob class.....it gets steamrolled by anyone with half a brain, i see a tracer spammer i make sure he doesnt do tracer spamming, its that simple...he dies after a few seconds and i move on....

the class is not optimized by doing tracer spamming, yes it is easy for a noob to kill another noob with tracer spams, i personally never die to tracer missles, some form of damage may kill me while i keep tracer missles from happening, but your never let a BH tracer spam, just like you never let an arcane mage blast spam. next time you see a tracer spammer, tell the sentinel in your ops to get on the f'ing bounty hunter or do it yourself, interupt...interupt....interupt

if you disagree with this post then you just suck at mmo's and dont know how to adapt to game mechanics, you just want to play "your way" and not the optimal way

MMO's are giant math equations on the fly, you take the events on the battlefield and start to filter in your input.....if the most effective way for your class to contribute to a victory in battle is to jump on a tracer spammer then do it, dont do what you want and then complain you got tracer spammed, i mean seriously use some common sense.

I mean the video link below me right now shows a guy spammingtracer vs a bunch of scrubs, that doesnt mean the class is OP, if any of those people interupt him he does 10k damage the whole match and 0 kills.........learn to play damn it stop complaining

Edited by Vegathegreat

Until yesterday I thought tracer missiles were fine. But then I saw this

He plays noobstyle,(although he isnt) against other noobs and clearly shows that those missiles are overpowered.

If he would face experienced pvp ers he could use his knockbacks, stuns, vent heat, and he would still own them.

To all those who have no trouble beating the tracer spam, imagine what you could do if you had such skills available in your class.

So tune it down a tiny little bit. Make them generate 2,3 points more heat, and increase the casting time by 0,1 or 0,2 seconds. I guess those changes would already help a lot.

I like that he only has a "tracer missile!" on his hotkey bar and the rest are empty, I want a "I win button" too. =(

Edited by Herethos

actually you are wrong....bioware made the class 80% optimal with a one button spam, its a noob class.....it gets steamrolled by anyone with half a brain, i see a tracer spammer i make sure he doesnt do tracer sapmming, its that simple...he dies after a few seconds and i move on....

the class is not optimized by doing tracer spamming, yes it is easy for a noob to kill another noob with tracer spams, i personally never die to tracer missles, some form of damage may kill me while i keep tracer missles from happening, but your never let a BH tracer spam, just like you never let an arcane mage blast spam. next time you see a tracer spammer, tell the sentinel in your ops to get on the f'ing bounty hunter or do it yourself, interupt...interupt....interupt

Yeah, telling a premade group member to get on their game works. But, in PUGs this never works, cause they never read chat. Maybe because it's in the wrong place.

actually you are wrong....bioware made the class 80% optimal with a one button spam, its a noob class.....it gets steamrolled by anyone with half a brain, i see a tracer spammer i make sure he doesnt do tracer spamming, its that simple...he dies after a few seconds and i move on....

if you disagree with this post then you just suck at mmo's and dont know how to adapt to game mechanics, you just want to play "your way" and not the optimal way

MMO's are giant math equations on the fly, you take the events on the battlefield and start to filter in your input.....if the most effective way for your class to contribute to a vistory in battle is to jump on a tracer spammer then do it, dont do what you want and then complain you got tracer spammed, i mean seriously use some common sense

This. Sentinels/Marauders especially can dominate and destroy BH's. The sents/maras who know how to use their skills to counter a BH's skills. Even Pugs on my server seem to have at least one person that targets a BH for the match if they see even one tracer missile fired.

I like that he only has a "tracer missile!" on his hotkey bar and the rest are empty, I want a "I win button" too. =(

It looked like he got stomped in every instance that he didn't have a bunch of teammates burning up his target too.

The enemy team weren't all 50s either.

They also lost.

I didn't see an I WIN button... just a big I SUCK button.

I smell a troll.

Thats all I do all warzone long is target Mercs.

Too true.

I was a mild mannered hybrid medicine/concealment specced operative til I entered a warzone with good half dozen tracer missile spammers. I immediately respecced full concealment and now climb over people to get to the merc the moment I see a missile being cast.

I blame mercs for all the damage I have caused.

To add something constructive, I really think that tracer missile is more or less fine if they spread out the perks. They spam it because it buffs other abilities. If they just move some things around so that so much isn't dependent on one ability, I think you would probably see a decrease in the amount of spammers. I would imagine mercs would welcome a change like this too because I think they might get bored.

Too true.

I was a mild mannered hybrid medicine/concealment specced operative til I entered a warzone with good half dozen tracer missile spammers. I immediately respecced full concealment and now climb over people to get to the merc the moment I see a missile being cast.

I blame mercs for all the damage I have caused.

To add something constructive, I really think that tracer missile is more or less fine if they spread out the perks. They spam it because it buffs other abilities. If they just move some things around so that so much isn't dependent on one ability, I think you would probably see a decrease in the amount of spammers. I would imagine mercs would welcome a change like this too because I think they might get bored.

your not thinking outside the box, if they spread out the abilities then you dont get to lock them down, they are garbage if they cant get the tracers off, the absolute most useless class in the game if you interupt "tracer missle" without it they get no procs or buffs, they are practically useless.....if you spread out the procs and buffs you actually make them stronger and have to nerf the damage of all there abilities......i understand you are entitled to your opinion but think before you speak in the future.

the class is blanced around lockdown, you lock them down you win, you let them spam you lose.

your not thinking outside the box, if they spread out the abilities then you dont get to lock them down, they are garbage if they cant get the tracers off, the absolute most useless class in the game if you interupt "tracer missle" without it they get no procs or buffs, they are practically useless.....if you spread out the procs and buffs you actually make them stronger and have to nerf the damage of all there abilities......i understand you are entitled to your opinion but think before you speak in the future.

the class is blanced around lockdown, you lock them down you win, you let them spam you lose.

Hey, this guy gets it. It's also the only class without an actual interrupt, reliable slow, movement speed increase, or root effect to help you stay on it easier. best thing arsenal has is a knockback that puts you in charge range.(which charging them here will interrupt them again)

Target and interrupt me all you want, its not gonna matter because Im a pyrotech! :p

Pyrotech here, too. It's nice not having to rely on an easily locked out ability. hurts us a lot less to have power shot(not that I cast it unless I know I'm safe to) locked out than it does arsenal to have tracer locked out. Plus arsenal mercs seem to be easy enough for me to kill. Even without an interrupt.

/applaud

Well said, sir. I destroy Tracer-mercs on my powertech. Any class that relies on one ability with a cast time for all of their damage and survival is, imho, at a disadvantage.

It's kind of like giving a healer only one 2 sec cast-time big heal with a 4 sec CD when interrupted, and forcing them to spam it to put out healing procs. If you interrupt the cast, then they don't get heals, and they don't get procs. If you ignore the cast and try to out-damage the heals, they keep healing, and the heals do progressively more healing.

I very much prefer the guy with more options.