So im trying out vig

Matreix

I really want to dps as a guardian, i feel like vig is similar to arms warriors in wow. Although all i've heard is negative things about it. Is it really as bad as everyone says, and if so has bioware said anything about a buff?

IMO its not too bad, i still feel like our dots dont do enough and our damage could go up a little. IFK we dont have a bulky Large single melee wepon user that hits like a truck really. I mean assassins and shadows hit ahrdest with spells and ops/scoundrels seem more like rogues. Id really just like this spec to be up to par. Im going to practice at it a little more, it may not be the best but its pretty damn fun.

I have a 50 Guardian which I usually play as a Focus build with.

I like to try all the alternatives so I switched over to Vigilance (before I was well geared) and found it very lack luster. Although you are constantly laying down damage, it is so smoothed out with very little spike (if any) that it can usually be easily controlled by a healer.

I just switched back to Vig since I got my Champ PvP gear (3 items from full set, rest filled with Centurion gear) and I'm having much more luck.

You end up with a pretty versatile build, you can always jump back into Soresu if you need a bit of tanking or to throw up guard, then back to Shien stance to lay down some damage. It takes a bit of getting used to juggling the stances however.

If your going for targets already under a little pressure they will drop fast but a well geared/played healer can run you round in circles for some time. I seem to handle myself comfortably in 1v1.

You won't neccesarily hit the same 'damage dealt' as a Focus guardian. Perhaps I'm just not used to the build enough yet, but I definitely end up higher when Focus specced. Thats only to be expected however as your single-target DPSing as Vig instead of AoE spiking.

You will find yourself much squishier in Shien stance, which is the biggest downside.

Edited by Malleki