Operative vs Assassin

Killallthejuice

Assassin's are due for a buff, and Operatives are recieving a heavy nerf. I would go with the first option personally.

They have better sustained damage, can do 4k crits outside of stealth on geared opponents (project), have boatloads more utility (aoe knockback, aoe taunt, sprint, finisher move, RANGED stun), and better defensive cooldowns.

Do scoundrels/operatives have these things?

I have Leveled both to 50, and interms of leveling, the assassin was easier to level. I did it in tank spec so DPS was not as high as an Op, but Elites were simple, you could group up mobs and AoE them all down. And since almost every mob you encounter is a group it makes questing easy, all those kill 20 quests are fast. Ops can burn down single mobs faster, but I found myself relying a lot more on my companion as an Op than assassin. Op I used tank pet, assassin I used Range DPS pet. Both have good stories and are fun to play. But honestly think about what role you would rather fall back on either tank or healer, if DPS gets nerfed or something like that. That way you are sure to enjoy the class if things change.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.