Arenas are not needed

Optiris

People already say this is a WoW clone don't give them anymore ammo. You need to improve World pvp with capture points or something i WANT WAR not anymore of this pathetic arena crap it's lame. i know there are people that enjoy it but i don't i like mass battles with real goals not glorified group duels.

if you do add this crap don't reward them with any seperate gear just give them their sad little rankings to make up for their "short" comings

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

in War people die and don't come back.

I like playing games WZs and Deathmatch small scaled PvP would be cool even a combo of them both would be sweet. Like a hutball where 4 teams of 3 enter, 1 cap wins, and no respawn outside of being revived by a teamate. Need a new map

People have been playing WoW for too long, it's what they are use too, so when they come to do warzones they bi tch about it because they have to learn something new.

Arenas won't happen, it makes no sense to introduce them anyway.

People have been playing WoW for too long, it's what they are use too, so when they come to do warzones they bi tch about it because they have to learn something new.

Arenas won't happen, it makes no sense to introduce them anyway.

Or people like to simply kill other players. I mean you could see this in WOW before arenas you can see this in lots of other PVP situations. People like to kill stuff calling them glorified group duels insure that you dont understand how high level even mid level arenas were played.

People already say this is a WoW clone don't give them anymore ammo. You need to improve World pvp with capture points or something i WANT WAR not anymore of this pathetic arena crap it's lame. i know there are people that enjoy it but i don't i like mass battles with real goals not glorified group duels.

if you do add this crap don't reward them with any seperate gear just give them their sad little rankings to make up for their "short" comings

Ok well guess what, I like arenas more so they should get rid of Open World PvP...that's basically all you're saying. And WoW has Open World PvP, should they get rid of that? There's no reason to not have arenas as long as they don't add special gear. They're losing out on the hardcore PvP crowd by not having arenas.

While I dont agree with the reasoning of "something i WANT" or "i don't i like", because that boils down to "No one else should have it because I dont like it".

I do agree with any arena style PvP having the same rewards as any other PvP, if they have it. Many think that arena player are more leet than other PvP players but thats on because they got better gear, the best pvp gear, and no one could get that gear without beating a team that usually already had way better gear. Which turn Player VS Player into Gear VS Gear, which doesnt require skill so much as it requires free time.

In general, whatever style of PvP a player likes, and all pvp events in game should have the same gear progression for the same PvP gear. Atleast stat wise. Different looks for different PvP gear is fine.

While I dont agree with the reasoning of "something i WANT" or "i don't i like", because that boils down to "No one else should have it because I dont like it".

I do agree with any arena style PvP having the same rewards as any other PvP, if they have it. Many think that arena player are more leet than other PvP players but thats on because they got better gear, the best pvp gear, and no one could get that gear without beating a team that usually already had way better gear. Which turn Player VS Player into Gear VS Gear, which doesnt require skill so much as it requires free time.

In general, whatever style of PvP a player likes, and all pvp events in game should have the same gear progression for the same PvP gear. Atleast stat wise. Different looks for different PvP gear is fine.

Agreed.

Edited by anedorivan

filipesantana

you don't know what pvp is. i've been PvPing for a long time since the first mmo i've pvped in almost EVERY mmo out there. i've leveled in some games in pvp only. If you have only pvped in WoW you are not a real pvper. if you want rewards then fine but your gear should only be allowed in arenas so it doesn't infect real pvp

I want star WARS not star ARENAS

Bioware needs to be original not a clone

why do people keep comparing Arenas to WoW. they have been around since before wows time and will continue to come around.

yet another person saying no with no real arguement as to why.

because wow catapulted them into the limelight. and as much as you dont want to admit it, wow has been the premier mmo to which all others are compared to.

thankfully that trend is showing signs of ending (thank god). and yes, it is a real argument. arena ruined wow in many ways.

filipesantana

you don't know what pvp is. i've been PvPing for a long time since the first mmo i've pvped in almost EVERY mmo out there. i've leveled in some games in pvp only. If you have only pvped in WoW you are not a real pvper. if you want rewards then fine but your gear should only be allowed in arenas so it doesn't infect real pvp

I want star WARS not star ARENAS

Bioware needs to be original not a clone

Bioware needs to be original...too late dude. Except for the story and voice acting it's pretty much WoW in space. Only PvPing in WoW doesn't make you a real PvPer huh? Pray tell what does? I'm pretty sure playing multiple games and saying "yeah, I did PvP in all of them" isn't on the list of qualifications.

We dont need WoW like arenas.

What we need is competitive Huttball Arenas with multiple variations of the maps traps, layouts.

you can even have an option to have the raid/ops leader of the 8 man premade go into a special zone above the field where he can oversee the map and give orders to pushes and stuff like an overseer.

so you can say chose to field 8 players or 7 plus an overseer.

the overseer will get the average of the sides medals and some small bonus to make up the difference from not actively competing.

once you have a strong teamwork oriented league/maps like this you dont need pure deathmatch arenas.

Edited by Fonitrus

We dont need WoW like arenas.

What we need is competitive Huttball Arenas with multiple variations of the maps traps, layouts.

you can even have an option to have the raid/ops leader of the 8 man premade go into a special zone above the field where he can oversee the map and give orders to pushes and stuff like an overseer.

so you can say chose to field 8 players or 7 plus an overseer.

the overseer will get the average of the sides medals and some small bonus to make up the difference from not actively competing.

once you have a strong teamwork oriented league/maps like this you dont need pure deathmatch arenas.

So you don't want typical arenas in a deathmatch style, you want a huttball league? People want smallscale pvp without objectives. They want to setup kills not zerg objectives. What is wrong with that?

Listen guys it wasn't gear that was the reason you were bad in arenas. You were bad in arenas because you were bad in arenas.

Good, then you guys wont need special or better gear than anyone else :)!

ok if Arenas are seperate from WZ's and World pvp then that's cool. i don't do arenas never have and never will i have no interest int them i just don't want them to corrupt other pvp

I think it fairly obvious that any arena system would be seperate from the other two PvP events. It is a seperate PvP genre. I personally think it would be fun. I would just hate to see the Gear problems of wow style arena.

Good, then you guys wont need special or better gear than anyone else :)!

I think it fairly obvious that any arena system would be seperate from the other two PvP events. It is a seperate PvP genre. I personally think it would be fun. I would just hate to see the Gear problems of wow style arena.

Gear was only there to give baddies like yourself an incentive to play. At 2300+ everyone had the same gear more or less except for PVE peices which were really the problem.

So you don't want typical arenas in a deathmatch style, you want a huttball league? People want smallscale pvp without objectives. They want to setup kills not zerg objectives. What is wrong with that?

Nothing. The Op just doesnt want any PvP event to be set up as the "Pinnnacle" of PvP. He doesnt want to see one genre get rewarded with gear that is better than gear attainable in other pvp genres. I agree with that part of his sentiment.

Nothing. The Op just doesnt want any PvP event to be set up as the "Pinnnacle" of PvP. He doesnt want to see one genre get rewarded with gear that is better than gear attainable in other pvp genres. I agree with that part of his sentiment.

Well make Rated warzones and rated arenas give equal gear there problem solved.

Edited by dopebeats

Gear was only there to give baddies like yourself an incentive to play. At 2300+ everyone had the same gear more or less except for PVE peices which were really the problem.

annnddd.....here we go. another reason why i dont want arenas implemented.

just to punish a-hats like this guy. not saying that whole arena crowd are like him, but dear lord are they an epidemic. nearly half of the pro arena posters have been elitist jerks*

*disclaimer: this is no way reflects upon pro arena posters that have been considerate and not resorted to these scumbag tactics.

I enjoyed playing arenas, but I never said I was fantastic. I am saying if your such an awesome PvPer then you wont mind if everyone has the same gear. Cause yur so l33t at a video game...

Well make Rated warzones and rated arenas give equal gear there problem solved.

Or just make all pvp gear the same and equal stat wise. After all the truely elite wont need the advantage of better stats, right? Sure, give them fancy title and funky looking armors and stuff. They dont need bigger number though, cuz they are elite!