Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Mission Bonuses pointless at lvl 50?

FuriousMoo

So it seems to me the bonus objectives during quests are completely worthless when you hit lvl 50 and it's a waste of time to complete them. Well except for the 3 stage bonus objectives that usually net you extra cash and tokens, but these are much rarer.

Now you do get a bit of extra legacy exp, but until we actually have the legacy system and can judge the actual value of the rewards provided, all we are doing is gaining pretend levels.

These bonus objectives even exist on Illum where everyone is lvl 50 anyway and the extra exp reward has no meaning.

The solution is rather simple; extra cash instead of exp rewards at lvl 50.

So it seems to me the bonus objectives during quests are completely worthless when you hit lvl 50 and it's a waste of time to complete them. Well except for the 3 stage bonus objectives that usually net you extra cash and tokens, but these are much rarer.

Now you do get a bit of extra legacy exp, but until we actually have the legacy system and can judge the actual value of the rewards provided, all we are doing is gaining pretend levels.

These bonus objectives even exist on Illum where everyone is lvl 50 anyway and the extra exp reward has no meaning.

The solution is rather simple; extra cash instead of exp rewards at lvl 50.

Fanboys will come in here and say you get legacy xp, but I agree with you. The bonus quests at 50 should give credits commensurate with the exp they provide.

Fanboys will come in here and say you get legacy xp, but I agree with you. The bonus quests at 50 should give credits commensurate with the exp they provide.

I am a "fanboi" and I approve this idea.

Especially since we don't even have the legacy system implemented yet. I could use the cash at this point :D

Legacy is supposed to unlock special abilities and character creation options when it goes live. I do the bonus missions at lvl 50 for the Legacy XP TBH. Credits aren't that hard to get.

You call it fanboy, I call it foresight.

Edited by MorgonKara

Legacy is supposed to unlock special abilities and character creation options when it goes live. I do the bonus missions at lvl 50 for the Legacy XP TBH. Credits aren't that hard to get.

You call it fanboy, I call it foresight.

A fair point, but we don't actually know what these options will be and when they will come; could be next major patch, could be a year down the line.

The only hint we have had as to the rewards are extra character creation options, which while nice will be of no interest to a huge portion of the players that will have no inclination to make new alts.

I would be willing to wager a large sum of cash that these options or new abilities will be purely cosmetic only as any real advantages would make all existing characters obsolete and forcing everyone to start again would probably kill the game. So again cosmetic rewards are only of interest to a certain niche of players.

A fair point, but we don't actually know what these options will be and when they will come; could be next major patch, could be a year down the line.

The only hint we have had as to the rewards are extra character creation options, which while nice will be of no interest to a huge portion of the players that will have no inclination to make new alts.

I would be willing to wager a large sum of cash that these options or new abilities will be purely cosmetic only as any real advantages would make all existing characters obsolete and forcing everyone to start again would probably kill the game. So again cosmetic rewards are only of interest to a certain niche of players.

There are probably a lot of convenience options that legacy could unlock, particularly for serial alt-makers. Account binding of equipment or at least the schematic drops; pooled credit account so you don't have to transfer funds all the time; a common bank vault; maybe even companion cross-over; these are the ones that immediately come to my mind as potential useful "legacy skills". Cosmetic things will almost certainly be the bulk, in pets, alternate creation options, companion looks, etc. But I think they will severely limit the mechanic if that's all it provides. It's hardly like Legacy XP is hard to come by (I have legacy lvl 7 with 3 low-level alts (like, 10 or 11) and a lvl 50) so it's not like it would be unfair or unreasonable to offer some real incentives and advantages, so long as it's not combat-breaking.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.