llum dailies as Bodyguard? Not happening.

Ironeyes

So I leveled to 50 as Arsenal using Mako with the intention of healing endgame. Respecced when I hit 50 and started healing in PvP and a few flashpoints, nothing fancy.

So I got the Ilum quest and flew on out there. Started with Mako in blaster stance, took me forever to kill a group of mobs not to mention I found I was VERY squishy, almost to the point of having to spam heal myself for one strong, then my heat is through the roof and I can't DPS.

So I switched to Gault. Bought him some upgraded armor off the GTN as well as a new gun and knife. We kill things a little faster but still its a chain heal fest and I've died once and come close many times already. Compared to the 4 or 5 times I died from 1-50 this was alarming to me. I know BG isn't gonna be a dps machine but damn. I'm far more squishy now than I was as arsenal.

I read that people are easily soling 2+heroics as a healer. My gear is alright I guess, mostly oranges I was using while leveling (level 47 or so). So what gives? Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by Ironeyes

Are you using crowd-control abilities? i.e. mez (consussion shot) a strong or elite while you kill another?

Yes. If it's 2 weaks and 1 strong I can handle it ok I guess but the strongs do alot of damage to me. If I pull more than that im toast. But that was something I could handle no prob as arsenal with mako.

Might have to give up healing. I gotta do the dailies ya know,

I did the dailies just fine. It's possible you're not using all the skills available to you? I did all the quests (sans bugged ones) in 49 greens and blues. I used blizz as my companion. He can take all agro very easily, and while he's a bit bouncy in the health he's only ever 2 heals away from full. Mix that with SCG and you have your own source of burst damage with free powershot spam.

We're one of the easiest classes out there for solo'ing Ilum because of our universal incap, stun, and several stun abilities that work on normals.

did them today as bodyguard.

But I also have blizz decked out in full champion and columni gear with 19k hp

Maybe thats the problem, the only companion I ever really geared was mako. Blizz just has the gear he came with so i don't use him. maybe I'll scrounge him up some.

Yea try with Blizz, or Skadge or even the madelorian guy, they are more "tank" than Mako or Gault.

I think of them as Mako is like having a slightly gimped lower level heal spec operative with you, Gault is the same but as a sniper spec, Blizz is equivical of a powertech, Skadge is like a jugg and Torien? (that his name?) is kinda a cross between power tech and jugg.

I do dailies as bodyguard everyday on ilum. I group up for pois strat but thats it. I use blizz. The key to Blizz is getting him gear. Spend 200k and get best you can. Also watch the stats your building. Aim/endurance then tanking stats. They make craftable pistal thats easy to get...124 purple, maybe its 126.

Once geared i really just send him in,,make sure he collects the agro then heal him. I throw in death from above and an occassional power shot but thats it.

I have been running all the dailies for more than 4 weeks now. 90 percent of them you just pull out Torian as your dps companion. He leaps in and the meelee mobs run to him.-... you ae everything. Thats why i chose him over Gault, who will make the melee mobs run away from the ranged ones.

I basically never use blizz, only when i run through the Heroic 2 area for the H2 quest on Belsavis and for the H4 where you have to disable the comms units... he takes aggro.. i keep on running. This way you can solo these as well... You can even solo Lord Raxxus... just run through the dungeon and die.... revive and have torian dps him... takes a while... If you are not as geared you could have blizz tank him... but that will take forever.

Whats nice about torian is that you can just give him all your old gear. Adjust the enhancment if you had alacrity in it and your good...

Torian is really the choice for dailies

Edited by xxSkraalxx

I only run into a problem when it´s an elite healing mob, takes a while with well timed cc but I kill them easily enough, fusion missle is awesome along with using supercharged gas for practically free powershots.

I only use Mako as companion, taking the aggro on myself since I´m in heavy armor and loads of hp, she heals while I dps and against harder mobs, supercharged gas + koltobomb makes it easier for mako to heal, then it´s just powershot spam.

I bet its because your unfamiliar with the talent tree, I levelled as body guard and switched to arsenal at about 45, died about 4 times on the one quest (had died less than 10 times up until this point)mhad to spec back, i do my Illum daileys in bodyguard spec to and its fine for me, i have torian in pretty crap gear but you just cast fusion missle + explosive dart and death from above while torian jumps around punching peopls faces.... its fast for me you just have to learn how to play the talent tree first

So I leveled to 50 as Arsenal using Mako with the intention of healing endgame. Respecced when I hit 50 and started healing in PvP and a few flashpoints, nothing fancy.

So I got the Ilum quest and flew on out there. Started with Mako in blaster stance, took me forever to kill a group of mobs not to mention I found I was VERY squishy, almost to the point of having to spam heal myself for one strong, then my heat is through the roof and I can't DPS.

So I switched to Gault. Bought him some upgraded armor off the GTN as well as a new gun and knife. We kill things a little faster but still its a chain heal fest and I've died once and come close many times already. Compared to the 4 or 5 times I died from 1-50 this was alarming to me. I know BG isn't gonna be a dps machine but damn. I'm far more squishy now than I was as arsenal.

I read that people are easily soling 2+heroics as a healer. My gear is alright I guess, mostly oranges I was using while leveling (level 47 or so). So what gives? Am I doing something wrong?

2+ heroics are not easy at lvl 50, some are doable, but i wouldnt call them easy

im also not sure gault is the way to go, blizz makes a better tank with nearly as much dps

and yes, gear will make a big impact

unless you are modding out that set of custom gear to lvl 49+ mods than you should be in at least lvl 49 crafted blues/purples (which are better than lvl 50 trash drops) as the only thing better will be raid / hardmode tier drops (or upper pvp tiers if you are into that)

I'm a bodyguard and I use Skadge. I personally crafted him a full suit of L50 melee tank armor. We're rockin and rollin.

Can't do the H2 daily solo though. Easy enough to find people to join me on that cuz it's so close to the starport.

If playing as bodyguard is such an issue, spec arsenal and go with Mako...

Yet to face anything on Ilum that will make it hard.

Note standing in the AOE of the Poisonous Strategy HC2 will strain the healing needed, but aslong Mako doesn't terrain bug out even that is pretty straight forward to solo.

It is faster with a group ofcourse...

Even the twin jedis on Cor that guards a security chest fairly deep into the map are harder than Ilum hc quest.

I'm sure your Mako has decent gear from doing those daily hardmode BT's :p

I do all my Ilum and Belsavis dailies as Bodyguard. I always use Torian, who I've kitted out. Everything I find pretty much easy, although if I was wearing gear a freshly dinged 50 would be wearing it would be a lot harder, and soloing the H2's wouldn't be possible like it is now for me.

i use torian too. only need to be careful with his flamethrow. need to time my cc or he breaks it.

i love blizz too but i feel he kills too slow and i have to help him dps.

sometimes i feel gault is taking less dmg than torian. maybe cunning make gault avoid more attacks.

all my pet using lvl40 pvp gear with lvl49 blue mod. lvl45 craft purple weapon.

i'm hybrid 23/16/2

I only run into a problem when it´s an elite healing mob, takes a while with well timed cc but I kill them easily enough, fusion missle is awesome along with using supercharged gas for practically free powershots.

I only use Mako as companion, taking the aggro on myself since I´m in heavy armor and loads of hp, she heals while I dps and against harder mobs, supercharged gas + koltobomb makes it easier for mako to heal, then it´s just powershot spam.

I had the same issue with elite mobs that heal at first. What I find works is to stun him in the middle of the heal when he is at half health, then pop supercharged gas (17 heat reduction to power shot, ontop of the 9 heat reduction to power shot if you spec'd into muzzle fluting, makes power shot free) and just spam power shot on him while he is stunned. This did the trick for me and has made my life miles easier.

I dont use combat suport cylinder. i go with high velocity. Just compare it to the duell encounter in EV... you are just soooo much faster with the 35% armor penetration

Same; although I've been going back and forth between the 3 cylinders trying to find the one that gives the best bang for buck.

I noticed that CSC provides best results when fighting elites, as I have to heal my companion a lot and then weave in burst when I supercharge.

But I don't use Rapid Scan and Rapid Shots enough on most common situations to warrant using CSC.