The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Can you make sense of these numbers?

Emissionforce

I'm try'ing to solve how aim works with giving critical chance, more specifically how it's effected by diminishing returns to determine it's true value in comparison to a much similar stat called power.

I took my gear on and off to do calculations of how much Critical Chance I got from 1 Aim in increments of (ruffly) 250 Aim and this is what I got.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 out of 1248 Aim=0.006899038% Critical Chance

>250 Aim Dif. = 0.00022521% CC Inc.

1 out of 998 Aim=0.007124248% Critical Chance

>249 Aim Dif. = 0.000245578% CC Inc.

1 out of 749 Aim=0.007369826% Critical Chance

>249 Aim DIf. = 0.000230174% CC Inc.

1 out of 500 Aim=0.0076% Critical Chance

>250 Aim Dif. = 0.00028% CC Inc.

1 out of 250 Aim=0.00788% Critical Chance

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can see that the value of Aim on Critical Chance goes down significantly as the amount of Aim you have goes up.

Although what had caught me off guard and confused me mainly was that between 749 Aim and 998 Aim 'Critical Chance Increase' was higher then that of the 500 and 749 Aim increment. That suggests their is some sort of change in the way it starts to calculate diminishing returns and that until I get gear with 2k+ plus aim I wont be able to figure out how much less Critical Chance I get from the effects of diminishing returns.

Has anyone else done research into this and found something valuable they could share? ;)

Edited by Emissionforce

I currently don't have the time to delve into it, but I had plans to do it through moddable gear and cheap cybertech armorings / implants, gradually building the curve for an approximation. But like I said, don't have the time atm and rather just do fun stuff when I get around to playing.

But as you noticed, crit and surge both have high diminishing returns built in from all stats that increase them.

Critical is our worst stat anyway, so you don't really need to care much about it :p

The formula for Crit is:

AIM Crit: =30*(1-(1-(0,01/0,3))^((AIM/CharacterLevel)/2,5))

Crit from Critical Rating: =30*(1-(1-(0,01/0.3))^((CriticalRating/CharacterLevel)/0,45))

Thank you so much!

Oh yeah... I love you by the way. Heh :p

Wait a second.. Why do people favor aim so heavily then in stat priority lists? it must be simply so that confused people don't use willpower/strength/cunning gear... I would propose actual stat priority to be Power > Aim > Surge > Crit assuming accuracy cap is accomplished. or even Power > Aim=Surge(till cap of some sort) > Aim > more surge > crit. Edited by Emissionforce

It seems surge is a hard stat to come by too... What a sad panda I is. ;(

Oh yes and I put 'Power > Aim' because I did calculations with my gear that told me I got 12% more bonus dmg from 1 point of Power then Aim but I never did think about party buffs being added to the equation. ;)

Just checked my gear and tier gear - I have WELL over accuracy cap sitting at almost 300 accuracy and checking now I see that the 'Combat Tech' dps set for Powertech has Accuracy on every piece of gear... /sigh

Edited by Emissionforce