Bioware should own Star Wars

MrBimo

In my opinion i believe Star Wars the property and everything to do with it should be owned by them as they are the only ones who havent f£$%ed up the series, infact they made it better with their history, lore and story and more importantly the characters.

Their imagination and love that they put into star wars far surpases anything the films have ever done, with the exception of the original trilogy, as thats where it seems all the classes have derived from.

I hope that one day bioware own the entire franchise of star wars, as they will not ruin it!

Share your thoughts on this topic, or insult me, your choice.

Eh, I don't think a video game company should own a multi-media juggernaut like Star Wars, but I do enjoy the game more than I do the Prequels. It's the most I've enjoyed anything new from Star Wars in a very long time. So, there's something to that.

I dont think a video game company should own the rights, I do belive the should be able to use the rights when they please since they make good SW games, but if they owned the rights then we might not see as many books or toys or movies, shows stuff like that.

I think it would be hard for a game company to keep making great games" not just SW" and manage SW empire.

But I do see where you are coming from. :)

I think Obsidian hate Star Wars. :(

They've made the best star wars story so far in my opinion, a great shame LucasArts just HAD to have that holiday release, KotOR II was an amazing game, with the Restored Content patch it's easily the best story in the Star Wars EU.

They've made the best star wars story so far in my opinion, a great shame LucasArts just HAD to have that holiday release, KotOR II was an amazing game, with the Restored Content patch it's easily the best story in the Star Wars EU.

Are you talking about SWTOR? just having trouble following.

I'm not saying KOTOR2 was bad, I think KOTOR2 was good. That's not what I meant. What I meant was, KOTOR2 was a very pointed statement that the Star Wars mythos doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I got the feeling that the writers, although competent, didn't really like Star Wars's simplistic good/evil duality and were having a bit of fun by breaking it down.

Unfortunately, I played KOTOR 2 on The Xbox. And there was no patch and I couldn't finish the game, but I have a good idea of what happened.

BW owning SW is not a good idea. No gaming company should. First off, BW can barely handle TOR. LA is divided into many departments. And most companies of just about any business industry would probably fail at handling something as huge as SW.