How do you put hood up?

Adzison

as said currently no option, it's one or the other depending on the set...it's a big reason I wont touch some of the gear even if I really could use it ( namely Jedi robe sets) because the hood is up, and to me I don't like that simply because I want to actually see my characters face and hair, hoods usually make them go bald.

I recently got a "helmet" (OK, just a headband, really) for my Consular. I have the options set to have the head slot visible, and I was amazed to see that even though she's currently using a robe with the hood up, you can still see the headband across her forehead. From what I've seen before, a head item won't show if your character's chest piece includes a "raised" hood. Edited by Adric_the_Red

Also depends on your head armor. IE if you put on heavy jedi robes and a trooper helmet, the hood goes down.

Also if you are a twilek your hood defaults to down, which is kind of lame.

It doesn't default to down, it defaults to "not there" ...along with the female Twi'lek head band you chose at creation. Which is very lame!

• 3 years later...
It seems to me like a smart thing for the developers of the game to add in a patch would be the function to toggle Hoods up or down. It would be a very simple function, heck, they could even make it a "subscribers only" thing, or a purchasable action from the Cartel Market. It just like in FFXIV, they have a /visor function, so for more end game gear that have visors, you can toggle them up or down. It's a really nice feature to have honestly, and again, such a small easy thing to set up, and it could be an easy cash grab for them!

It seems to me like a smart thing for the developers of the game to add in a patch would be the function to toggle Hoods up or down.

If they could do that I am sure they would have done it years ago. My guess is that the engine as it is now does not support it.

A few points:

* If a helmet stops a hood being up, the hood is not down. It is hidden.

* It isn't just Sith and Jedi robes that have this problem. The Silent Ghost set has a hood, and my opinion is that this set is a natural for IAs. But you should wear the full-head helmet because the hood doesn't do anything to hide that it made your character bald.

* There are headband helmets that hide hoods available for both factions. (There's a myth that they are only available on the Pub side. My sin got a green one from a mob in the Dark Temple on DK. The Outfit Designer makes this thing useful for characters above level 15.)

*When I saw that Lord Zash had robes with a down pointy hood, I started occasionally looking to find such a thing. The JC creation-screen armour set (available in the CM) has it. Dye it Black/Dark Purple for an awesome look.