From a PvPer's perspective, I was hoping for...

Torothin

Something new and innovative. I really was. Instead we get a game that is just like WoW in almost every aspect(don't sit there and tell me it isn't) except that it's Star Wars themed. Where is the creativity? Why couldn't you guys do something different that would blow me away and make me be like "WoW, this is great!" Instead I get to PvP to get better gear. Is this all you guys could come up with? Anyone else feel this way?

What specific changes where you hoping for...

I love when people compare that "this is just like WOW"..

When i get in my camaro i don't say, dammit this is just like FORD...

I like the medal system. I like the protection aspect (those are somewhat new). At least there are no vehicles in swotr pvp...

If SWOTR was to take everything that wow does and polish it, adding bits of freshness here and there they would be incredibly successful....

There are a few problems with coming up with something totally new and unique instead of based off of previous games success's.

Problem one You have to come up with some totally new and unique using a finite set of tools with their own limitations. Though not impossible is a huge investment.

Second Most ideas have already been thought up, while ToR is very much an inside the box thinking in a lot of places they have made some very good leaps forward in others.

Third You put out your game with your unique and what you think is cool concept and everyone complains about the learning curve, how hard the game is or simply do not like your idea. Huge revenue loss.

I challenge you to come up with a mechanic that has not been done in another mmo.

ToR is built on WoW which was Built on EverQuest which was built on Various MUDS which was built on by Pen and Paper.

What specific changes where you hoping for...

I love when people compare that "this is just like WOW"..

When i get in my camaro i don't say, dammit this is just like FORD...

I like the medal system. I like the protection aspect (those are somewhat new). At least there are no vehicles in swotr pvp...

If SWOTR was to take everything that wow does and polish it, adding bits of freshness here and there they would be incredibly successful....

Personally...no PVP stat

instead of grinding for gear, why not have me grind for abilities: a set that augment my willpower, endurance, and other aspects of my character. I mean minor buffs like rank 20 valor would let me choose a stat and I get +100 to it.

Then as I progress further, say rank 40 valor I gain an ability that helps my team based on my class, again something minor: say a 2000 armor boost for 20 seconds on a 15 minute cooldown (once per WZ).

Progressing in that fashion. Or make it like a PVP spec points system, like an extra talent tree that adds minor abilities and stats based on your class...

I have 600 expertise on my Sage, like 12% bonus damage and damage reduction from other players: how is that ever going to be balanced? When someone else will have 6%, another person 15%, another 0%, 2%. But if the bonus I got from stats capped at like 4% damage and I had a PVP spec tree to progress it would be more balanced and fun for everyone ESPECIALLY the underpopulated Republic and Empire on various servers.

Every game talks big about balance when they get released, but this has happened in all of them. Even WoW is stupid with people running around with a ton of resilience. It took me 5 minutes to explain a system that gets people on the treadmill, has defined goals, and doesn't break the game...put some effort into it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.