Empty Modable Gear and Mods for Commendations

Rheeling

Problem: I'm pretty disappointed with the pvp gear that was implemented, especially sub-50. I like to level through PvP, and in order to stay geared I either have to buy my gear off the Galactic Market, which hardly ever has anything useful, or try crafting myself pieces. Both are very expensive over time, unless you're questing.

Solution: Just put empty modable gear in that I can purchase with commendations. Warzone, Mercenary, I don't care which. Then just put in mods which can be purchased with commendations.

Just make better mods available every 5 levels or so, and boom. You don't even have to create tons PvP gear sets for us. We can do it ourselves with the mods available. And it allows me to stay geared the way I want, without having to buy a 500 commendation piece every 10 levels just to pull out one mod.

A lot of us already do this.

Buy pvp weapons.

Remove the components.

Put them in the orange items of your liking.

You can start building Expertise at 34 via this method, which makes a big difference from the folks who just wear the 20/40 pvp set + PvE crud and only have Expertise from the one slot on their weapon.

Yes, you have to buy your armoring component from the GTN or rip it out of something else, but that really the only pain.

This was made a little slower with the stealth changes to commendations and PVP item costs recently, but still works just fine.