Sorcerer Nerf....

Fhatal

my friend is an assasin tank and has no problem hitting 125k-175k dmg EASILY when i pocket heal him. he has 21k hp and his survivability is quite amazing.

maybe your gear is garbage and sorcerers do not have quite survivabilty without pvp gear

He can also pick up 200k protecion whilst guarding me .....

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play a Sorcerer too like the OP, and in all reality i think hes a troll of another class who got owned by a sorc, or his new main got owned by a sorc.

Sorcerers are not overpowered, sure they have decent bits of everything, but thats about it.

- No burst damage, at all. I think a 3.5k crit is about best you can hope for and thats off a proc from a chain lightning the biggest hitter... which is of course on a cooldown. Other than that youre tickling a 600 a tick force lightning which is easy interrupted, and a 1.2k shock every 6 secs. Considering the average joe has about 16k health nowadays, thats a long time for a Sorc to kill someone whereas most burst classes can pop bubble in 1 hit then kill the sorc in just a few big hits.

- We are not the only class with a speed burst to get away, Assassins can speed burst to keep up with you while throwing rocks and stuff at you, Pyrotechs can yank you back, melees can jump to you, etc.

- The blind is a joke to be honest as youve usually got a dot on the target so its insta broke.

Overall the OP is bending every single Sorc ability to make them look overpowered because he got owned by one, when in all reality the Sorcerer is not even close to the big hitters in PvP.

Sure if you leave a sorc alone he will build up his numbers, but theyre false numbers usually proccing off aoe hits on clumps at doors and around ball carriers.... hitting 5 people at a time for 1.5k or upward with crits sure does build up, but doesnt really kill anything, just helps, as again its on cooldowns not spammable. And the healing that goes with it is of course from the Sorc building that number up to go with it by hiding and healing himself every time hes damaged instead of using seethe to regen.

To the OP - go back to your hole.

Rank 61 Valor Sorc, play a LOT of PVP, always have.

The big numbers are from AOE, if I want to be top damage I can, means I kill nothing much, just looks good.

My max burst record is 3.2k, normaly 2.5 - 2.8k

I cannot heal effectively as I am dps spec.

The only way I get any healing numbers is when I run away and heal myself, I don't even try to heal otherwise, the cast is too long.

Op's were nerfed as they could do 10K + damage in one rotation, the top OP's hit on me was 8.2k...

My max burst is much different as above.

If you discount AOE , which is fluff damage to be honest as a healer can heal through it very easily its nothing special.

As a healer, i must say that sorc/sage damage is easiest to heal through. Weak stable damage, main damaging ability can be locked out for 4 of 12 seconds (1/3 of time), and what's most hillarious is that you can dispell dots and deny their barrage and wrath procs, making them as dangerous as a mob.

As of their bubble - every whiner here tend to forget that they're wearing medium/heavy armor giving them 20/40% more damage absorbtion against sorc/sage energy/kinetic damage than light armor. That's 3-4k effective health more than sorc, and thats essentially means them having same absorb bubble but passive and AT ANY GIVEN TIME.

Edited by XapM

The bubble is a joke at best, please, anyone can burst down the shield in one hit, once it's gone the sorc has NO survivability or ability to mitigate damage.

If you knew how the mitigation and defense mechanics worked in this game for PvP, you'd know your bubble is one of the best mitigation tools in the game, ESPECIALLY when you can pre-cast it before battle and put it back up a second time as soon as it is down.

This is the only thing that needs to be nerfed. Debuff timer starts when bubble is down and cannot cast when it's already up on target --> only one bubble per battle per person. Whole Sorcerer problem solved.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

As a healer, i must say that sorc/sage damage is easiest to heal through. Weak stable damage, main damaging ability can be locked out for 4 of 12 seconds (1/3 of time), and what's most hillarious is that you can dispell dots and deny their barrage and wrath procs, making them as dangerous as a mob.

As of their bubble - every whiner here tend to forget that they're wearing medium/heavy armor giving them 20/40% more damage absorbtion against sorc/sage energy/kinetic damage than light armor. That's 3-4k effective health more than sorc, and thats essentially means them having same absorb bubble but passive and AT ANY GIVEN TIME.

Shhhh....;P

Yah, sad truth is DPS sorc/sage canot kill a competent healer. Thats how OP they are!

If you knew how the mitigation and defense mechanics worked in this game for PvP, you'd know your bubble is one of the best mitigation tools in the game, ESPECIALLY when you can pre-cast it before battle and put it back up a second time as soon as it is down.

This is the only thing that needs to be nerfed. Debuff timer starts when bubble is down and cannot cast when it's already up --> only one bubble per battle. Whole Sorcerer problem solved.

If you knew mitigation mechanic, you'd know thats your medium/heavy armor mitigates 30-50% of energy/kinetic damage, giving you same or more absorbtion than sorc.

If you knew mitigation mechanic, you'd know thats your medium/heavy armor mitigates 30-50% of energy/kinetic damage, giving you same or more absorbtion than sorc.

Sigh. Majority of the PvP damage done in this game is NOT lowered by Armor or and the few affected is often bypassed through talents and what not. Maybe you should learn your basics.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

Bubble with talents has a 17 second cooldown and absorbs apx 3.5k , dont undrestand what the issue is, its 2 BH/Trooper hits, 1 melee crit 1 normal, that does not seem OP to me at all.

Make it two bubbles back to back and you'll understand the problem. All that burst you did was for nothing and meanwhile you are down to 30% HPs and the Sorcerer is still full with Stuns, Knockbacks and what not ready to finish you.

The double bubble is not a problem in itself, it becomes a problem because it's ON TOP of evey other defensive moves.

Noone should complain about their CC, they need it, they also need their bubble, but they don't need another extra free 3.6k HPs absorb on top of everything else.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

Sigh. Majority of the PvP damage done in this game is NOT lowered by Armor or and the few affected is often bypassed through talents and what not. Maybe you should learn your basics.

Energy/kinetic damage of sorc/sage is being mitigated, that's what matters. That means that when facing sorc you have same or more amount of absorbtion than him. Sorc absorb damage through shield, other classes absorb damage through their armor. That's called balance.

Edited by XapM

Can you list all sorc/sage abilites that arent affected by armor? Talented? Which skill is talented to bypass armor?

Can you list all sorc/sage abilites that arent affected by armor? Talented? Which skill is talented to bypass armor?

I was talking of damage in general when I said bypassed with talents which is mostly a melee feature.

Sorcerer/Sage damage is mostly elemental (any lightning is elemental), it completely bypasses armor. I tested that many times with my Assassin Lightning attacks.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

How can I bubble 'back to back' when on 17 second cooldown ?

I have just done 2 WZ, can post the results if u want, they were just random normal ones.

All lvl 50 players obv, want to see ?

Fact is no sorc/cons was top damage or kills on either, and loads of different classes.

Anyone can post an ' screenshot ' to prove anything , post the next 3 WZ matches now and then lets see.

I will do same...

Edited by Rackiera

Stop comparing pvp to void star stats and stop ignoring that other classes can do the same thing.

Agreed.

The reason for Void Star stat hilarity is the unobservant roasting in AOE's. Nobody is whining over the heavies doing it though.

I was talking of damage in general when I said bypassed with talents which is mostly a melee feature.

Sorcerer/Sage damage is mostly elemental (any lightning is elemental), it completely bypasses armor.

I said list all sorc/sage abilites that bypass armor, that means list of abilities/type of damage. And...uhm...correct ones would be nice for a change.

Energy/kinetic damage of sorc/sage is being mitigated, that's what matters. That means that when facing sorc you have same or more amount of absorbtion than him. Sorc absorb damage through shield, other classes absorb damage through their armor. That's called balance.

sorc dmg is NOT being mitigated, it bypasses ALL armor and is only partially dumbed dwn if classes use their defensive cooldowns. constantly popping DC's instead of doing dmg or healing is not what pvp is about.

you cant nerf bubble or you nerf pve. They designed the fights to allow for a sorcerer/sage to be able to bubble a good portion of the raid in a quick time. You can only bubble many people if you spec it in the healer tree. This isnt balanced? Really??

most dps sorcs only put bubble on themselves and MAYBE 1 other person.

Even with bubble or even the rare chance where there is that 10 second downtime where i have bubble on and no deionized effects hardly ever happens in pvp where i can recast it once its broken.

in BM gear with 660 expertise i still go down very fast to a pure dpser on me if i cant get LOS or peel them off me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.