The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Assault: Burns need to stack!

Daecollo

Plasma DOES stack. If you apply Plasma Cell with Ion Pulse, then use Hammer Shot, you'll get a second stack of Plasma Cell while also refreshing the first stack.

That doesn't make sense. If that were the case you could just spam ion pulse for 4+ stacks of plasma. If it is true it must be due to a bug with the ion pulse skill mod. Does HiB then refresh both stacks? And does it refund 2 ammo? 1 for each stack?

Edit: thats outrageous. Napkin math using tohead numbers (@work) 2 stacks yields 440 dps. Ion pulse yields the same except it costs 1.33 aps while plasma is free... HEC for comparison varies from skill to skill but on ion pulse it increases dps by 22... Even with fire pulse its only like 45 dps...

plasma cell is more than fine. HEC needs a HUGE buff though apparently good lord. It would need to be all damage and like 35% to compare (assuming 100% uptime on 2stack plasma)

Edited by grandmasterub

HIB only refreshes one of the stacks. Also, you can only get 2 stacks at once - 1 from Ion Pulse, 1 from Hammer Shot. Even if you Ion Pulse again, and Hammer Shot again, only one of the stacks will refresh. Might very well just be a icon bug (ie you see two icons, but only one is actually doing damage).

HIB only refreshes one of the stacks. Also, you can only get 2 stacks at once - 1 from Ion Pulse, 1 from Hammer Shot. Even if you Ion Pulse again, and Hammer Shot again, only one of the stacks will refresh. Might very well just be a icon bug (ie you see two icons, but only one is actually doing damage).

Im pretty sure this is an Icon bug.

I have never, and I have watched the numbers, seen plasma tick for more then its suppose to do. Its already strong as it is, to be able to stack it would be insane, unless you are two vanguards.

All I do know is, that two assault specd vanguards focusing target, kill things faster then most other classes can do when pairing up and focusing down key targets.

Assault plastique, incend round, plasma fire from hammer or ion pulse and a HIB, all within 3 globals. Its quite some damage. And since target goes below 30% fast double Burnout will take its toll.

All I do know is, that two assault specd vanguards focusing target, kill things faster then most other classes can do when pairing up and focusing down key targets.

You've obviously never seen two Operatives/Scoundrels open on the same target. Pretty much 100-0 in their opening knockdown.

should work like deep wounds does for warriors(in WOW).

basically the math works out so that every application of the dot does a flat amount of damage.

dynamic dots = good

Edited by Syclic