Will SwtoR run on my 47" 1080 phillips TV?

Dmartelli

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt use a tv...

You will get motion blur and will have to sit far away to make it look good. The input lag and unnatural movement sucks. Go with a large 2ms monitor if you must have "big"

My 55" Samsung does not have motion blur. More likely the PC's vid card is the issue there and not the TV, IMHO.

Also if using HDMI that does not have as high a frequency u might see this from a PC connection.

most newer cards and tv's will have an hdmi connection or some sort of dvi-hdmi or display port to hdmi.

the main question is whether or not your rig can play swtor at 1920x1080 max'd

playing it on a bigger tv is no different than on a monitor at the same resolution. If it runs smoothly on a 22" monitor, it will run smoothly on the tv.

Analog or not, when looking at a PC screen, the VAG connection will be crisper than HDMI.

DisplayPort is even better.

absolutely no. digital > analog both appearance and bandwidth. this is why we have dvi and hdmi...

and of course display port is better. but WHAT tv has display port (very few if any). only monitors do and only certain monitors

Edited by Threefiddie

I use a 46" samsung to play on. It works great, I have it hooked up through HDMI and haven't had any problems. My computer is specced out similar to the OP, and am able to run full out and average about 45-50fps, except in Vaiken space dock, where it drops considerably.

Some of the advice here... i don't know what to say... VGA ***? that was old and useless 10 years ago. just because it work doesn't mean it is good.

And two tips for some ppl DVI and HDMI is the same thing, only different is that HDMI also send sound, picture quality is the same.

And a 0 or 1 is a 0 or 1 even if you have a cheap cable or a very expensive one. you don't get a nicer looking 0 if you buy a expensive cable :p

OP size or your TV/Monitor does not matter at all, it is the resolution that matters and almost all TV and cheap monitors have 1080. It is not more work for your gpu to write a picture on a 20" monitor then a 50" if they are both in 1080. And you do not get any more information, both picture are exactly the same it is just that on your TV ever pixel is 4 times larger. So you need to sit far away or it will look like crap but then you have the problem with small text.

absolutely no. digital > analog both appearance and bandwidth. this is why we have dvi and hdmi...

and of course display port is better. but WHAT tv has display port (very few if any). only monitors do and only certain monitors

All I said is that you will get a cleaner image on a TV from a computer using VGA connection vs. the HDMI connection. All digital connections carry a VGA / Analoge signal and the real big difference is that HDMI also carries audio.

However if you do your homework you will discover that HDMI cannot support resolutions beyond 1080p where as PC vid cards can. Why? Because VGA from a Vid Card on a PC has a higher freqency range than standard HDMI compliant connections.

DisplayPort is an improvement to HDMI in that it will support resolutions beyond 1080p and carry audio.

I will forgive your ignorance as the real misinformation is that coming from appliance makers making you believe that HDMI is the best when in fact it is not. HDMI is just more common.

Edited by Quinlynn

so much misinformation being tossed around. Anyone with a decent gfx card will not even have the option to use a vga out since....well...the standard is outdated.

So im supposed to convert a dvi signal out to a vga and use that? LOL?

exactly. my gtx 570 doesn't even have vga. You guess it! It has two dual link dvis and an hdmi. but for your misunderstood wierdos who think vga > hdmi or analog>digital the card comes with dvi to vga... which brings the question, why are these even included anymore?

All I said is that you will get a cleaner image on a TV from a computer using VGA connection vs. the HDMI connection. All digital connections carry a VGA / Analoge signal and the real big difference is that HDMI also carries audio.

However if you do your homework you will discover that HDMI cannot support resolutions beyond 1080p where as PC vid cards can. Why? Because VGA from a Vid Card on a PC has a higher freqency range than standard HDMI compliant connections.

DisplayPort is an improvement to HDMI in that it will support resolutions beyond 1080p and carry audio.

I will forgive your ignorance as the real misinformation is that coming from appliance makers making you believe that HDMI is the best when in fact it is not. HDMI is just more common.

no crap moron. we all know hdmi is limited. Look at 3d and its frame packing 3d for ps3 cause of the limit of hdmi. Why do you think pc 3d uses DUAL LINK DVI cause of the bandwidth being greater than single dvi or hdmi.

NOONE uses a damn analog signal anymore! that's why we created digital so there was NO conversion anymore. JUST STRAIGHT DIGITAL

ALSO This topic has NOTHING to do with display port. NOTHING.

Edited by Threefiddie

so much misinformation being tossed around. Anyone with a decent gfx card will not even have the option to use a vga out since....well...the standard is outdated.

So im supposed to convert a dvi signal out to a vga and use that? LOL?

Most of the newest portables come with DisplyPort now and TVs are starting to support that connection type.

Did not say to convert anything, only that if you have a VGA out, that it will provide a better image than HDMI.

Try harder at reading what I say instead of what you want to hear.

exactly. my gtx 570 doesn't even have vga. You guess it! It has two dual link dvis and an hdmi. but for your misunderstood wierdos who think vga > hdmi or analog>digital the card comes with dvi to vga... which brings the question, why are these even included anymore?

DVI will provide a better quality image than HDMI as well.

Using a DVI to VGA converter for the back of the TV would be the way to go.

Most of the newest portables come with DisplyPort now and TVs are starting to support that connection type.

Did not say to convert anything, only that if you have a VGA out, that it will provide a better image than HDMI.

Try harder at reading what I say instead of what you want to hear.

I think its you that needs the reading lesson. Go to newegg right now and find a decent graphics card that even has VGA out. This is 2012 buddy, not 1985.

no crap moron. we all know hdmi is limited. Look at 3d and its frame packing 3d for ps3 cause of the limit of hdmi. Why do you think pc 3d uses DUAL LINK DVI cause of the bandwidth being greater than single dvi or hdmi.

NOONE uses a damn analog signal anymore! that's why we created digital so there was NO conversion anymore. JUST STRAIGHT DIGITAL

ALSO This topic has NOTHING to do with display port. NOTHING.

U seem mad? Go have a cookie badie.

DisplayPort is superior to HDMI and will become the standard eventually. Problem is that HDMI is so imbedded that the change over is slow.

Also if VGA is so dead why does almost every TV have one in back?

LOL

Where do you get your information from? This is blatantly FALSE. Stop with the lies.

If your TV has a DVI connection then use it.

However from my experience it is more common that they have VGA.

HDMI is not going to deliver a better PC image than VGA or DVI.

Btw, what happend to your claim that VGA only supports 720p? LOL

DERP.

U seem mad? Go have a cookie badie.

DisplayPort is superior to HDMI and will become the standard eventually. Problem is that HDMI is so imbedded that the change over is slow.

Also if VGA is so dead why does almost every TV have one in back?

LOL

we have convered this several times. we know display port is > hdmi. just like dual link dvi is > single link dvi OR hdmi.

and not EVERY tv in 2012 has a vga. the 4 high end 1080p in my house don't, not even my home theater projector has it.

If your TV has a DVI connection then use it.

However from my experience it is more common that they have VGA.

HDMI is not going to deliver a better PC image than VGA or DVI.

Btw, what happend to your claim that VGA only supports 720p? LOL

DERP.

You have me confused with someone else, never stated anything about 720. Again you have reading comprehension issues. VGA is old and DVI is the new standard, read a book.

if your tv has a dvi connection then use it.

However from my experience it is more common that they have vga.

Hdmi is not going to deliver a better pc image than vga or dvi.

Btw, what happend to your claim that vga only supports 720p? Lol

derp.

when are you going to realize that hdmi and dvi are the same damn thing. same thing internally. just different connector and hdmi carries audio.

and find a tv that does greater than 1280x720 with vga. you won't.

Edited by Threefiddie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.