Help with Crew skills.

Arkedius

Either Cybertech, Armormech, Armstech, or Biochem have their uses for us PTs. What do you think you would rather be able to make for yourself? Armor upgrades and gadgets, armor, weapons and weapon mods, or stims and medpacks?

Currently there are a lot of Biochemers out there so if you're like me and prefer to take something that's less common (more marketability) you should go with one of the other three. I do Cybertech and I like it. I can make mods and armorings to keep my armor up to date and I can make better earpieces for myself than what you can get through drops and quests (the purple ones anyway). I also make a good amount of money off of it.

Despite what people around here will have you believe, all the crafting skills have their uses and can be profitable. HOWEVER you have to know what you're doing and play it smart.

Edited by DarrkLore

I'd say armour / synth would be the least profitable though as they just make armour (with no set bonuses). Some people may want to collect a specific crafted set for the look but given the set bonuses & stats on the high end pve or pvp gear I think it will be a niche market.

Biochem has obvious advantages in being able to create the best medpacks, stims & adrenals as well as implants while leveling (as mentioned, many biochem characters so it's less of a sellers market when talking crafting for profit though). It's what I have and I've just got my Rakata medpack crafted.

Personally I think the only crew skills worth getting are cybertech and biochem.. with biochem being the obvious favorote.

I have bio on my pt .. love it. I wouldn't go without my reusable medpack and 60min buffs.

Cybertech I think is a bit more fun. Reusable grenades for some extra damage.. plus you can make all the mods you want which will help with leveling.

I stay away from armstech armortech and synthweaving because 1 it takes the fun out of finding loot if you make it all (personal opinion) and 2 I don't think they have a use endgame. Will definately help with leveling though.

I have artisan on one char. Its neat to make the color crystals but its a pretty boring crew skill. Its like cybrrtech except you don't get the fun gadgets.

Edit : if profit is all you're looking for grab slicing, bioanalysis (or whatever the biochen gathering is) and scavenging. Hoarde materials and sell them on the auctionhouse. Haven't done this myself but .. it seems to me if $$ is all.you want crafting isn't gonna be the way to go. Gather gather gather

Edited by Fashooba

I stay away from armstech armortech and synthweaving because 1 it takes the fun out of finding loot if you make it all (personal opinion) and 2 I don't think they have a use endgame. Will definately help with leveling though.

It's actually more trouble than its worth considering you could upgrade every few levels. Orange gear is still the most efficient way to continually upgrade while you level. Those crafting skills are really only worthwhile for crafting your own high end items for sale once you've already hit the endgame yourself. Armormech and synthweaving most certainly have a use endgame since you can craft rakata gear using crystal alloys and can get some decent schematics that drop from 50 flashpoints.

I've decided to go cybertech and scavenging for my 1st two. What could be the best third CS for me? im thinking of slicing but i guess CT already have the potential to make good profits. Im gonna go for endgame pvp.

Underworld without a doubt. Unless you want to be stuck with green mods and earpieces or paying overpirced for blue and purple mats on the auction.

My operative healer has cyber and is making the mod's for my powertech(Has all the appropriate blue recipe's from gearing kaliyo the operative companion), going biochem with my powertech.