Sorcs vrs Inquisiter

Icedanno

In PvP, Im noticing a few things. Bad things for the Republic. The Sage is supposed to be the mirror of the Sorcerer, however, Sorcs do ALOT more damage.

The big reason? Sage's attacks are Kinetic.. bouncing pebbles off you. This type of damage is stopped by all armors and reduces the damage to a mere annoyance.

Sorcs attacks are Elemental, which bypasses armor, creating a HUGE discrepency in the way the two types playout in PvP.

Since half the Imperial population is Sorcs, this means the Imperial side has an enormous advantage in PvP, and it shows with almost all PvP matches being won by the Imps.

Republic players know the drill. Start the match, permanently stunned while 3 or 4 Sorcs burn you to the ground with their armor bypassing attacks. Rinse and repeat.

Why on earth would SWTOR put a system like this in the game? Knowing that the Imperials would greatly outnumber the Republic, why would a combat system be put in that heavily favors the Imperials?

Edited by Icedanno

In PvP, Im noticing a few things. Bad things for the Republic. The Sage is supposed to be the mirror of the Inquisiter, however, Inquisiters do ALOT more damage.

depends. If you're playing a tank, you do less dmg than a DD. It's not a matter of classes, it's a matter of skills, gear and, most important, playstyle.

Since half the Imperial population is Inquisiters, this means the Imperial side has an enormous advantage in PvP, and it shows with almost all PvP matches being won by the Imps.

Guess what, that statement fits vice versa aswell ;)

Edited by xaven_

Yep. Mirrors are not really mirrors, and in many cases different animations lead to problems. For example, I played a Powertech and switched to Vanguard, and their animations are impossibly slow and clunky by comparison.

This game is going to take months, possibly years to fix so that it is even close to being balanced between factions. I thought they made some pretty awful design choices when they decided to just copy-paste classes. But what I didn't realize is that they didn't really copy-paste, they actually messed around with stats and animations and made it unbalanced to boot.

Oh yah, thanks, Sorcs that is.

I play a Sage, so yes, their main attacks are KINETIC, which all armor stops, vrs Sorcs attacks which are ELEMENTAL, which bypass armor.

Other then Imperial fan bois, anyone else see the problem with this?!!?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.