Operatives NEED something (force speed, push, pull, AOE knockback)

-Rinzler-

They have a ranged AoE incapacitate on a 1min cd - It's rather powerful?

I wouldnt call it ranged, it like 5-6m at best. It breaks on damage and almost everyone has full resolve anyways. Its not reliable at all. I would give it up in a heartbeat for any of the above abilities.

I also play an assassin and i can actually make a difference in games, especially huttball.

enemy is coming to my goal, i stealth, wait for him to get near, boom pop a knockback, ball is basically reset as hes now in the pit below or burning in fire.

Or if i have the ball, making touchdowns is easy. Pop my knockback, everyone flys off the platform, i jump down to the lower platform, hit force speed through the fire, boom touchdown.

Edited by -Rinzler-

I would have gladly gave up my burst for any of these ability. I just feel totally worthless on my Operative in PVP matches without it. And we the burst damage reduced bigtime, its even worse.

What do you guys think?

I have a 50 operative as well but I have to tell you that I don't feel I'm without utility as far as crowd control goes. An AOE ranged stun, a vanish ability for oh **** moments, and a nice melee stun. Sure, if I start a fight and get picked out of the crowd and my cooldowns are not up I could be in trouble. However, the same can be said of all the classes.

I would have gladly gave up my burst for any of these ability. I just feel totally worthless on my Operative in PVP matches without it. And we the burst damage reduced bigtime, its even worse.

What do you guys think?

How about energy/force/ammo/heat rejuvenation for a certain percentage that is a minute cooldown and can be used on everyone near them...

I have a 50 operative as well but I have to tell you that I don't feel I'm without utility as far as crowd control goes. An AOE ranged stun, a vanish ability for oh **** moments, and a nice melee stun. Sure, if I start a fight and get picked out of the crowd and my cooldowns are not up I could be in trouble. However, the same can be said of all the classes.

Yea those abilities are nice for duels or illum battles. But as far as teamplay where there are objectives, they dont really offer the power of force speed, push, pulls, and knockbacks. All those abilities can mean the differnce between a huttball score, planted explosive, or captured turret.

Edited by -Rinzler-

Yea those abilities are nice for duels or illum battles. But as far as teamplay where there are objectives, they dont really offer the power of force speed, push, pulls, and knockbacks. All those abilities can mean the differnce between a huttball score, planted explosive, or captured turret.

Well, the only thing that makes a difference in any of the abilities you have listed there is in huttball. Yeah, it sucks not being able to lock down the ball carrier or knock him off the ramps but that's not how the class is designed. As far as the objectives in the other 2 bg's we are just as effective at keeping nodes from being capped as the other classes are.

Well, the only thing that makes a difference in any of the abilities you have listed there is in huttball. Yeah, it sucks not being able to lock down the ball carrier or knock him off the ramps but that's not how the class is designed. As far as the objectives in the other 2 bg's we are just as effective at keeping nodes from being capped as the other classes are.

It also is a huge bonus in voidstar. Knocking half their team off the bridge is huge.

The civil war map is the only map i feel like im making a difference really.

Okay...first of all...you have a closer...it's called "stealth" and flashbang. That's the way an Operative is designed as you must sneak in close to your oppenents or CC a group so that you can move in quickly then stealth.

Second, why would you want to knock people away from you? You're designed to get on someone and burst damage them down while trying to control that single target.

People need to remember that not all classes/advance classes can do everything well. That's not how roles work and that's not how MMOs work. If you wanted knockbacks and extra range...you had the option of picking Sniper.

Okay...first of all...you have a closer...it's called "stealth" and flashbang. That's the way an Operative is designed as you must sneak in close to your oppenents or CC a group so that you can move in quickly then stealth.

Second, why would you want to knock people away from you? You're designed to get on someone and burst damage them down while trying to control that single target.

People need to remember that not all classes/advance classes can do everything well. That's not how roles work and that's not how MMOs work. If you wanted knockbacks and extra range...you had the option of picking Sniper.

A sorc can.

Lol

Operatives are a complete joke, decent ones easily getting 500k+ dmg with 40~ kbs in warzones (at least the scoundrels in my guild are), bursting tanks down in 3-4 gcds.

oh really,care to share some of these in pics,not saying it doesnt happen they must have BM gear and facing opponents that do not.

Operatives do have a slightly powerful burst I agree.

But did you notice its mostly on people in PvE gear or lackthereof PvP items.

People complain they get crit for over 5k when my operative has nearly 80% surge so yes my crits should hurt. I would be fine with some minor nerfs to the burst but I have to agree operatives have no utility special to them. Try fighting a Telekenetic/Cloned Talent sorc, They knock you back your rooted, You break there shield your stunned, They Have 2 instant stuns at a distance, If your on a ledge they just knock you off, and if all that wasnt enough they can just sprint away and slow you till you die. If you consider stealth to be something special to operatives and smugglers it isnt. Shadows can stealth and vanish and the force cloak ability far surpasses evasion by leaps and bounds allowing only auto attacks to hit them. Marauders also have a vanish even if temporary. Evasion is dodge only so you only need to be behind the operative/smuggler to hit them. You can also reapply dots and such after evasion is allready up (Sticky Bomb) to prevent the vanish. Flashbang is a short ranged CC compared to a sniper. I guess most people would consider this QQ which it kind of is. But when you have no ability to jump back into a fight after being knocked off or controlled the class feels deffinitley underpowered. I wouldn't say a knockback is anything we need, I would like to see a non stun force leap type ability and I know im being cliche but something in terms of a shadowstep from wow rogues. It doesnt have to do damage or stun but something along a 25-30 second cooldown that allows us a little mobility like the rest of the classes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.