Combat Medic just dinged 50!

SpaceGaunt

So I just reached level 50, pretty excited.

I currently have 1090 Aim and 31% Tech crit.

Am I able to go ahead and join operations or do I have to grind some Hardmode Instances to get better gear?

If I have to get better gear, what Aim # and Crit % should I look to achieve?

I leveled CM 1-50 and used the healer companion exclusively once I got her. I did everything solo and had no trouble at all, just took awhile to kill some of the bosses and a few attempts when I realized what they did verse what I was used to from most mobs.

I really enjoy it in pvp healing and do not have a all pvp gear yet, actually not even close just hit 50 a few days ago. I have to say that I am dead meat 1v1 vs most profs at this point just because I am full heal spec and do not have neough cc or dps to kill them. But that is probably because most of the 50 Sith on our server are very well geared.

I wont lie though I have been contemplating trying Gunnery vs Medic tree since all I really do is pvp.

You should be able to go straight into normal difficulty operations. Doing a little bit of PvP (dailies + weekly) is a quick way to get some upgrades when you first hit 50. You'll later replace these items but they're likely upgrades over what you've got upon reaching 50. Edited by Sheridyn

Much congratulation and a question: how viable are you in combat? Do you feel "left" out of the combat (PvP / PvE) or can you still make your mark killing-wize? I am contemplating making a CM, and any and all advice is welcome.

(I will probably be following this guide/build: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=181529)

Thanks!

Well I've been A medic since level 29 and I don't regret the change at all!

Given I don't have that dps burst to take down some enemies quickly, I can survive almost anything! After I got Forex I knew it was wise to go medic because you rarely need outside help. Mind you i'm armstech so I don't get a chance to gear up my forex and I still manage to heal him against champion level enemy. That's not saying I can't do damage myself. I still have a good amount of aim to translate to some big hits when i'm not healing.

And I don't feel left out at all on PvE or even PvP. Everyone needs a healer!

So I just reached level 50, pretty excited.

I currently have 1090 Aim and 31% Tech crit.

Am I able to go ahead and join operations or do I have to grind some Hardmode Instances to get better gear?

If I have to get better gear, what Aim # and Crit % should I look to achieve?

Grats. Now accept your fate as a significantly below-average healer relative to sages and above-average dps class and go respec gunnery....

If you just just dinged 50, my first recommendation would be finish your story line and complete Belsavis, so you can get the Belsavis and Ilum dailies. Those dailies will give you mods to push your current moddable gear to lvl 126 I think and the option to buy an epic barrel, plus you will be on your way to get some very nice Implants or earpiece

If you follow the story in Ilum, you will be "sent" to do some other 2 lvl50 flashpoints

Syl <--- Combat Medic and loving it

On my Gunnery Commando, I jumped straight into PvP at level 50 and started getting Champion gear pretty quickly. From there I skipped normal flashpoints entirely and went straight to Hard Modes without much of a problem.

I imagine this may be more difficult to do for a healer since their job is more demanding in Flashpoints but I think it is a good jumping off point for gearing up.