Bioware, this is pretty shady.

KipMalice

I expected two items (a medal and a title). I collect souvenir items in my storage slots. I am a little sad, but can live with it. I see we don't have many packrats here, but no need to come down so hard on the OP. So much for the community improving after the 'don't want to sub' folks left.

Storage space is a premium quantity; I feel safe guaranteeing you that almost nobody is going to feel crabbed that they're not stuck with some junk object to discard or waste a storage slot on.

This isn't a case of 'shady verbiage'; it's a case of reader malfunction. Do you think a community should be based on agreeing with even the most asinine and absurd statements, claims and positions of absolutely everybody, or even being passively coddling of sheer, blunt-trauma-to-the-eyeballs grade foolishness?

If so, Social Darwinism would like to have a word with you.

See the Picard facepalm ascii for all further commentary. I'll never get the minutes of my life I spent reading this back.

Edited by Uruare

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Founder’s medal will be delivered to all your characters through in-game mail. From the in-game mail, simply right-clicking on the medal to unlock the “Founder” title to your character."

What did you think it was going to do after that? Turn into a pony?

(P.S., Bioware, there's a typo on your announcement page right there.)

BINGO!

/thread

Are you people serious? Just when I thought things were looking up on the forums and I come and see this...

It’s a title you will never use that replaces a medal that you would have never used....

Also, to the guy who keeps saying this should have been a pre-order gift, dude, seriously, stop, just stop. You got a pre-order gift; it was called early access....

Dear Lord, I am starting to worry about our future as a society. When something like this is enough to make someone cry, I feel for us when they are confronted with real disappointment.

5char

"Once you become eligible for the title and have surpassed your 30 days of game time included with your official Game Product Registration Code, you will be notified by email. The Founder’s medal will be delivered to all your characters through in-game mail. From the in-game mail, simply right-clicking on the medal to unlock the “Founder” title to your character."

Taken from the OP's link

I saw your post before you deleted it. Just thought I would post it again for those that were agreeing with you as it in fact does say it in there.

Are you people serious? Just when I thought things were looking up on the forums and I come and see this...

It’s a title you will never use that replaces a medal that you would have never used....

Also, to the guy who keeps saying this should have been a pre-order gift, dude, seriously, stop, just stop. You got a pre-order gift; it was called early access....

Dear Lord, I am starting to worry about our future as a society. When something like this is enough to make someone cry, I feel for us when they are confronted with real disappointment.

Agreed.

Storage space is a premium quantity; I feel safe guaranteeing you that almost nobody is going to feel crabbed that they're not stuck with some junk object to discard or waste a storage slot on.

This isn't a case of 'shady verbiage'; it's a case of reader malfunction. Do you think a community should be based on agreeing with even the most asinine and absurd statements, claims and positions of absolutely everybody, or even being passively coddling of sheer, blunt-trauma-to-the-eyeballs grade foolishness?

If so, Social Darwinism would like to have a word with you.

See the Picard facepalm ascii for all further commentary. I'll never get the minutes of my life I spent reading this back.

As I said, ok with what is being delivered. But on community - anyone here misreads something, asks a silly question, whatever - half the posters seem to feel obliged to come and dump on them. Not asking anyone to agree with the OP, but after the first 3-4 howls of outrage I would think the message had been delivered.

its not shady. its saying

"thank you for supporting this game though the growing pains it has" how is that shady? buy the game don't like it ditch it get a founders title? No.. buy th game know its got problems stick though it get it. YES

……………………………………..________

………………………………,.-‘ …………….“~.,

………………………..,.- …………………………..“-.,

…………………….,/………………………………………..â€:,

…………………,?………………………………………………\,

………………./…………………………………………………..,}

……………../………………………………………………,:`^`..}

……………/……………………………………………,: ……/

…………..?…..__…………………………………..:`………../

…………./__.(…..“~-,_…………………………,:`………./

………../(_….â€~,_……..“~,_………………..,:`…….._/

……….{.._$;_……â€=,_…….“-,_…….,.-~-,},.~â€;/….}

………..((…..*~_…….â€=-._……“;,,./`…./ ………../

…,,,___.\`~,……“~.,………………..`…..}…………../

…………(….`=-,,…….`……………………(……;_,,-â€

…………/.`~,……`-………………………….\……/\

………….\`~.*-,……………………………….|,./…..\,__

,,_……….}.>-._\……………………………..|…………..`=~-,

…..`=~-,_\_……`\,……………………………\

……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\

…………………………..`:,,………………………`\…………..__

……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“

…………………………………._\……….._,-%…….`\

……………………………..,< `.._|_,-&``................`\

this.

9000 times this.

Pointless thread is pointless

The medal/title is a poor implementation and miss communication issue of a good idea.

1. Founder should have been automatically given to all players buying the game withing the first month.
  2. Veteran rewards should have started at the end of the first payed month.

=> Everybody would have been happy and people would have praised BioWare.

"Once you become eligible for the title and have surpassed your 30 days of game time included with your official Game Product Registration Code, you will be notified by email. The Founder’s medal will be delivered to all your characters through in-game mail. From the in-game mail, simply right-clicking on the medal to unlock the “Founder” title to your character."

Taken from the OP's link

I saw your post before you deleted it. Just thought I would post it again for those that were agreeing with you as it in fact does say it in there.

He doesn't care about facts. He doesn't even care about the reward. It's just a troll.

Edited by DirtyDozen

In the article about the Founders title. Your verbiage is shady at best. I am not talking about having to subscribe to a second month-The point is that they say you will get a medal and a title. The medal is a /use item that is consumed and then gives you the title.

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120118-0

"To show our appreciation, from now through March 19th, 2012, 12:01AM EST, we are rewarding early members of The Old Republic community with a unique Founder’s medal* and title."

I just got my Founder's Item. You get a medal in the mail that you /use...that gives you the title. I was subscribing anyway, but just wow. A lot of what you have done since launch has been very shady for a company of your caliber.

This is the most inane complaint I have read in 10 years of visiting MMO forums, and that is saying a LOT.

You are trying way too hard to raise controversy. I literally cannot believe this bothers you.

*** is wrong with people? From BW (http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120118-0)

"The Founder’s medal will be delivered to all your characters through in-game mail. From the in-game mail, simply right-clicking on the medal to unlock the “Founder” title to your character. This title is permanently bound to your account and will carry over to any character you make in the future. (NOTE: It may take up to 7 days for the “Founder” title to be applied).

TIP: You can choose to show the Founder’s title or any other title you’ve earned in-game by opening your character sheet and selecting a title from the character name drop down. Once applied, the title will show next to your character name on your nameplate."

Basic (simpleton's) translation: Right click on the medal, then the "Founder" title is unlocked for you (and any alt you create) forever.

Intermediate translation: Right click the medal to unlock the title.

Advanced (>4th grade) translation: Click medal, unlock title.

And you got the medal - check. And you got the title - check. So this is "shady" because???? Oh, you don't actually *keep* the medal. But does anything in here say you will be able to keep and show off your shiny medal for you and all your characters forever? It's the title that is permanently bound.

Hi.

For further discussion of the Founder's title, please feel free to visit and participate in the existing thread we have on this topic available here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=203511

As a brief note to the community: If you feel you are being trolled, please report the post or thread in question by using the "Flag" feature for review by the Community team, rather than responding.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.