The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Stat Priority

Tolvinn

Tech Accuracy to 105%, then Surge -> Aim -> Power -> Crit is what I got from my spreadsheet.

I do no theorycrafting but I find this intriguing .. surge over critical? I would have thought increasing the chance to crit would be better than buffing crit damage.. unless you're AP and can expect crits.

I'll try to keep it simple, but is not that simple to explain.

Pre-Diminishing Returns

1 Critical Rating: 0.04% crit chance

1 Surge Ratin: 0.2% extra damage on crits

Almost all skills have +50% damage on crits base (except 3 or so with talents that have 80, depends on spec).

Then 1 Critical Rating has a 0.04% chance to increase damage by 50%, or a 2% increase total. Skills with +80% damage on crits via talents get an average increase of 3.2%.

We need to assume a Crit Chance %, usually we have at least 30% buffed, so Surge has a 30% chance to increase damage by 0.2%, or a 6% increase total. If the skill has extra crit chance this gets even better.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll try to keep it simple, but is not that simple to explain.

Pre-Diminishing Returns

1 Critical Rating: 0.04% crit chance

1 Surge Ratin: 0.2% extra damage on crits

Almost all skills have +50% damage on crits base (except 3 or so with talents that have 80, depends on spec).

Then 1 Critical Rating has a 0.04% chance to increase damage by 50%, or a 2% increase total. Skills with +80% damage on crits via talents get an average increase of 3.2%.

We need to assume a Crit Chance %, usually we have at least 30% buffed, so Surge has a 30% chance to increase damage by 0.2%, or a 6% increase total. If the skill has extra crit chance this gets even better.

TY MM. Can you please explain why accuracy to 105% tho since we aren't DW?

Testing has shown bosses the Armor Pen part of Accuracy doesn't work (or they don't have extra defense), and all of our specials have 100% chance to hit, even Ops bosses, since they aren't higher level then us.