How can you not run SWTOR on max?

wolfsheadbane

Um.. Of course you can afford a $2500 machine, you live with your parents. Nice to see your priorities are buying a $2500 machine instead of taking some responsibility and taking care of your family. Get out in the real world and see what it's like. Stop being a burden on your parents.

Me? I've got a mortgage, two very large car payments, bills, and 2 kids myself. I also have a 3 year old laptop that can run this game good enough for my standards.

arghhh.. for anyone else that takes offense to that, forgive me... I just cannot stand free-loaders. Chances are my tax money paid for that $2500 machine he's bragging about...

And here I was thinking I was the only one thinking this.. QFT

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol we maintain our car and pay rent to live with my parents , my family won't let us move out because they want to see the children every day

Yeah a car and rent, try doing that when you have 4 kids, bills a mortgage , a couple of cars, rates. I could go on but really it is not worth the trouble. The point is yeah i can save get a few parts here and there then put it all together when i have everything i need. But not everyone can just go out and blow a heap of money on something that is not a priority.

People saying i don't understand why people don't have a machine that will run it on max settings, thats right you don't understand cause you are just arrogant.

I just can't comprehend how in this day and age where i could buy a laptop for like 200-300 that could run the game on max settings that people still have computer from 1990 that get low fps still on low settings? i know everyone doesn't have money but somewhere within the 20 year span of having your computer surely saving 1 dollar a day could afford enough for a computer not still on DOS

Edit: Some one of you people don't seem to get what i am trying to say , i am talking about people who seemingly must have 10+ year old computers because because even computers 3-4 years old could run this game fine and ram is so extremely cheap nowdays my friend bought 16 gig of ram for 120 dollars , so buying 2-3 more gig isn't going to make you starve if you have the 59.99$ to buy this game and then 15$ sub i dont see how you don't seem to have the money to upgrade your computer out of the stone age

WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING... laptop for 200-300 bucks that can run this game on max settings?

Seriously.. Do you have any hardware knowledge what so ever?

So last week I went with my not that technically inclined brother as a favor to buy a laptop at Best Buy. The sales people were simply astounding. He wanted to spend roughly $400 and be able to play Skyrim and some decent games.

I had two different sales agents tell us to buy a Mac because and I qoute,"It is impossible for a Mac to get a virus as they can't make virus' for them".

It is very easy for an uninformed consumer/gamer to spend a $500 for a computer with an 250mb integrated video card that stutters to play TOR at 20FPS. The sales agent me and my brother spent most of our time with was under the impression that the CPU determines how well your system can play a game as so was my brother. While this is true to a certain extent she was un-familiar with what a GPU was. Thankfully I went and my brother got a good machine that can handle most games very well.

LOL sells people gun sell. People need to read up online...in 2 hours people could be able to understand how all the hardware in your computer works.

Um.. Of course you can afford a $2500 machine, you live with your parents. Nice to see your priorities are buying a $2500 machine instead of taking some responsibility and taking care of your family. Get out in the real world and see what it's like. Stop being a burden on your parents.

Me? I've got a mortgage, two very large car payments, bills, and 2 kids myself. I also have a 3 year old laptop that can run this game good enough for my standards.

arghhh.. for anyone else that takes offense to that, forgive me... I just cannot stand free-loaders. Chances are my tax money paid for that $2500 machine he's bragging about...

haha maybe you should get out into the real world and stop buying games and then wasting your money on a subscription fee and get your priorities straight

Some people have kids, a house to pay off, a car or two to maintain , not all of us live no wait sponge off our parents to get other things.

Thats not a very good arguement since pretty much everyone buys a new computer every few years.

Instead of going to best buy or walmart to buy a system you should invest the extra $200 and get a real gaming cpu build

My athlon 64 x2 build from like 5 years ago runs swtor and every other game on the market fine.

Thats not a very good arguement since pretty much everyone buys a new computer every few years.

Instead of going to best buy or walmart to buy a system you should invest the extra $200 and get a real gaming cpu build

My athlon 64 x2 build from like 5 years ago runs swtor and every other game on the market fine.

yeah this is what i am trying to say , the game isn't exactly taxing on your system people either have hardware issues or have a computer created in the 90s with integrated graphics on windows 98 my 4 year old computer can run this fine and todays standards you could pick it up for around 200 bucks if that

Here is my recent PC upgrade. Finished 2 days ago.

Just waiting for my dual GTX 580. Stupid X-mas put them om backorder :)

Its a solid system and cost a fraction compared to a already built system you buy in a store.

Also systems like this can hardly be found in a store

Picture Gallery of my PC Upgrade

I have listed all the parts if people are looking for parts

my reason for not running max is i just don't care that much it looks great on medium, and most of the lag that is going on right now is because of the servers not our comps, give them a few months to fix and tweak everything and it will settle the fps spikes, as for why i don't have an ultimate comp i would rather drop my money by the thousands into my car to keep the beast running faster and faster and ill just happily live with my 2 year old quad core that runs everything good enough for me.

Here is my recent PC upgrade. Finished 2 days ago.

Just waiting for my dual GTX 580. Stupid X-mas put them om backorder :)

Its a solid system and cost a fraction compared to a already built system you buy in a store.

Also systems like this can hardly be found in a store

Picture Gallery of my PC Upgrade

I have listed all the parts if people are looking for parts

You can't find these type of computers in store because they like to sell mass produced piles of pooh to technologically ******** 40 year olds that this thread seems to be attracting

So last week I went with my not that technically inclined brother as a favor to buy a laptop at Best Buy. The sales people were simply astounding. He wanted to spend roughly $400 and be able to play Skyrim and some decent games.

I had two different sales agents tell us to buy a Mac because and I qoute,"It is impossible for a Mac to get a virus as they can't make virus' for them".

It is very easy for an uninformed consumer/gamer to spend a $500 for a computer with an 250mb integrated video card that stutters to play TOR at 20FPS. The sales agent me and my brother spent most of our time with was under the impression that the CPU determines how well your system can play a game as so was my brother. While this is true to a certain extent she was un-familiar with what a GPU was. Thankfully I went and my brother got a good machine that can handle most games very well.

Yeah. I don't know who hires these people. I've applied for a job a Best Buy a few times. I build my own computers, watch all the new movies, play games, read electronic magazines, have a high school diploma, previous employment history all in good standing, friendly, clean, and well spoken. Never had a call back. However, most of the sales associates and even geek squad employees are generally unhelpful and lack general knowledge about any products. This seems to be a theme in MANY businesses. Ironically, you'd think with less jobs would come more competitive applicants. No clue.

You can't find these type of computers in store because they like to sell mass produced piles of pooh to technologically ******** 40 year olds that this thread seems to be attracting

Its sad how so many people get ripped off when they buy a already built system at a store :S

Built mine for 800 dollars, best system I've had.

Manufacturer: Myself

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Memory: Corsair Vengance 16 GB RAM

Hard Drive: 319 GB

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6850

Monitor: Asus VS21.5"

Sound Card: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)

Speakers/Headphones: Gamecon 467

Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder x6

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Mouse Surface: Razer eXactMat x Control

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Motherboard: ASRock M3A770DE

Computer Case: Rosewill Challenger

Yeah. I don't know who hires these people. I've applied for a job a Best Buy a few times. I build my own computers, watch all the new movies, play games, read electronic magazines, have a high school diploma, previous employment history all in good standing, friendly, clean, and well spoken. Never had a call back. However, most of the sales associates and even geek squad employees are generally unhelpful and lack general knowledge about any products. This seems to be a theme in MANY businesses. Ironically, you'd think with less jobs would come more competitive applicants. No clue.

It's better to employ people who will stay ignorant to what they are doing all you would do is tell people all the computers there are HORRIBLE and they'd be better off to go build one themselves which means theyd lose business , can't get along in this world being an honest person

Same reason why people buy crap cars that lose almost all their value in 2 years.

Actually that would be "elite cars" a 7 series BMW will cost you 80 grand, in 10 years its worth 10k. A honda accord will hold its value %-wise far better than the luxury car.

Rofl... You don't have to build a PC to have a good gaming computer...... even if you bought say a 500$ computer from walmart that has a quad core processor 8 gigs of ram..... all you have to do is buy a real power supply say a corsair 600 watt. That could handle a 560ti graphics card you would have a pretty decent system.....

It's better to employ people who will stay ignorant to what they are doing all you would do is tell people all the computers there are HORRIBLE and they'd be better off to go build one themselves which means theyd lose business , can't get along in this world being an honest person

lol exactly.. With the Computer knowledge that I have, if I ever worked at a place like Best Buy. I would be sending them all off to places like Fry's Electornics or Newegg.

I would not sell a single pre-built system to a single person..

lol exactly.. With the Computer knowledge that I have, if I ever worked at a place like Best Buy. I would be sending them all off to places like Fry's Electornics or Newegg.

I would not sell a single pre-built system to a single person..

of course, in a day or two... you'd be fired.