Story line abit underwhelming?

Aezikial

The JC story is all about healing people which is all fine and good if you're actually playing a healer. But playing a spec that doesn't heal makes the story feel awkward. And the lackluster companions don't help the story.

I've seen this voiced all over the forums but it really doesn't have a whole lot to do with healing. I agree it does feel like having some unique force technique works well with a healer or really any sage.

But really it fits a tank far better than a healer. I mean you are pretty much putting the guard ability on those Jedi. They're protected while you're weakened, taking damage for your allies. It's even referred to as a shielding technique.

Thought it fit my shadowtank perfectly.

Even if you aren't playing one of those specs, mastery of the force is mastery force. Seems that all you need to master such a technique is a lot of it. And all player jedi's have a lot of it.

Consular can be a bad guy too. See all those jedi with red sabers? Yeah, that.

Although we can always do with a little more condescension, I doubt that has very much to do with it.

Difference being the consular story was made with you being the good guy in mind.

I'm glad i wasn't the only one that thought this.

Here is what i thought:

Act 1

Imo it was awesome, it started you off by giving you the feeling that you were powerful; You were a Jedi who was going beyong being 'the good guy' and saving freakin JEDI MASTERS from an unknown evil. Ending it by being names Barsen'thor made me feel important.

Then i hit Act 2

Then you go from being this cool powerful Jedi to being an errand boy/girl for a bunch of people who leave the republic...The whole while through this i was thinking "something awesome is going to happen...it has to". Nothing did. Then we find out about the Children of the Empire, so i'm like "okay, interesting plot development"

And act 3

Was simply me running around trying to amass a big army THAT WE NEVER GET TO SEE??! Only to have it all come to the conclusion in a hole in the ground that they call a cave conveniently set underneath a Republic base. I get there and beat the first Son....and that's it. It left me thinking "Wow...That was a bit meh, especially for the end boss of the entire consular story." I was actually thinking if it were to be a cooler story if it turned out that I was the first son...

And just to top it off - Jedi Knight Spoilers here

Having leveled through the entire game with a mate of mine, (he playing the Knight while i played the Consular) we came to the last few missions of his story, and it all concluded with him beating THE FREAKIN EMPEROR!!! So he beats the emperor in a temple, with a cool fight and death scene and i get to go into a hole in the ground and have an anti-climactic fight with the first son?

So here i was, even more disappointed with the ending of the consular story.

:(

I hope the other ones are better.

I think they dropped the ball on the Consular too. For starters the fact that the missions are fitting for the Sage, but not the Shadow (how do i keep healing people?), which is pretty odd as a Consular class anyway. Then our first companion is a... trandoshan who hates it when you're merciful. Great, -1 all day long (and don't think dark siders have it better, you can't be cruel either, so whatever you are he's not gonna like you much). There's also the fact that our romances are the last two to join us and that we're made Master before having a padawan.

Now for the story itself, Tython was okay, we find out a pilgrim was being corrupted by a holocron and save/kill him. Then our master (who hasn't really done much yet) suddenly falls ill, stopping all interaction. This would be okay if it wasn't for the fact that besides one single mission some 20 levels later she doesn't ever get involved with us in any way again. Way to make us connect. Then we have 4 or 5 planets of find master, beat master, shield master. Way too many. After that we get to fight the Sith lord, that part was fine, i just think we could've skipped a few masters, they just felt like filler.

After that the Rift Alliance comes, which is fitting, but by now the Jedi Knights are trying to redeem the Emperor (which has to be the most stupid plan ever), so it feels a tad meh.

I'm still running errands on Voss, so can't comment any further.

I think they dropped the ball on the Consular too. For starters the fact that the missions are fitting for the Sage, but not the Shadow (how do i keep healing people?)

Where does this idea of healing come from?

id elaborate further but i already have a post on the subject on the previous page if you're interested

For the most part I have enjoyed the Consular story. Except for the companions. Qyzen grew on me after awhile. His hero worship and aggressiveness contrasts well with the restrained stoic nature of the light side consular. The consular does have some subtle humor options in dialog choices that are amusing.

What I was greatly disappointed in was Nadia Grell. She shows up on Quesh and demonstrates force powers. Why couldn't I sense her ability with the force before this? She then disappears for all of Hoth. She doesn't even make an appearance on Belsavis. She has a tiny story tacked on in a weird between planets story line almost as an after thought. I rushed through the Belsavis class story to get her before going back and doing the rest of the Belsavis quests. Her affections rewards are so easy to get and so large that by the time I finished Belsavis, I had 6 conversation options with her in immediate succession. On top of that this is no explanation of the beginning of her training, or how she aquires a lightsaber, in any of the gameplay. It is relegated to a codex entry. This was a huge letdown and I expect better from Bioware. We should have acquired her as a companion near the beginning of act 2. Then her training and acquisition of a light saber should have been achieved through gameplay.

The rest of the companions are so dull as not to be of any interest.

And please give Seer Sages a defense ability or 2 that utilizes a lightsaber animation.