The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Red Sabers.....

Spymaster

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prior to one of the last few beta events, sabers werent locked by alignment. I was, and still am, against the way it is implemented. But, lore dorks complained and BW switched it.

Because you're cool!!! :rolleyes:

^^Pretty much this.

I hate lore dorks. lol

Says the guy who spent a large chunk of time arguing lore with me. :eek:

Edited by Spymaster

Prior to one of the last few beta events, sabers werent locked by alignment. I was, and still am, against the way it is implemented. But, lore dorks complained and BW switched it.

Those were the same people who cried rivers of internet tears every time a jedi was depicted wearing anything but a diaper and a burlap sack.

Now actual players want decent looking gear and a choice of light sabre colours.

Those were the same people who cried rivers of internet tears every time a jedi was depicted wearing anything but a diaper and a burlap sack.

Now actual players want decent looking gear and a choice of light sabre colours.

And heaven forbid a jedi should actually be able to make actual dark sided choices!

ZOMGWTFBBQ! THERE DOIN IT RONG!!!!!!!

lol Lore dorks indeed. Sometimes it's the ones trying their best to "preserve" what they see as the lore that wind up twisting it. More than ten jedi with red lightsabers!?

Rubbish!

Ludicrous!

Preposterous!

Balderdash! Pure balderdash, I say!

And heaven forbid a jedi should actually be able to make actual dark sided choices!

ZOMGWTFBBQ! THERE DOIN IT RONG!!!!!!!

lol Lore dorks indeed. Sometimes it's the ones trying their best to "preserve" what they see as the lore that wind up twisting it. More than ten jedi with red lightsabers!?

Rubbish!

Ludicrous!

Preposterous!

Balderdash! Pure balderdash, I say!

Is there something to do with me or anything I actually said in there?

It's not my view though, it's StarWars history.

Spymaster - It's fact! It's not just my view, it's proven SW fact!

Other person - Sources/citations, please

Spymaster - (posts link with absolutely no supporting facts whatsoever)

Other person - And this disproves the possibility of jedi using red lightsabers as frequently as any other color during the old republic how?

Spymaster - ...

Other person - See? Your opinion =/= fact.

Round and round we go, where we stop, no one knows... (Anyone else getting dizzy? lol)

So no then? You're misrepresenting what I said like the others.

Yeah, very funny....

Just let it go, and ignore the thread. Deep breaths, log in and kill some sith that have blue lightsabers! :p

Wait, that would be me. Oooops :eek:

You actually think that was a good argument?

Asking for citations for thousands of years worth of Star Wars history, when it's blatantly clear that all they had to do was read ANYTHING about Star wars to see how uncommon red is for a Jedi?

Seriouslly..... read ANYTHING.

It's like asking me to prove that division works and then getting mad when I show you a math book.

It's not MY idea of Star Wars. It's Star Wars.

It's not selfish at all. Selfish is wanting to have customization that doesn't fit the game you're playing.

Hello,

I believe you are mistaken. According to Wookiepedia:

"For millennia, the Jedi Order lit lightsabers in every color and hue imaginable. However, following the Battle of Ruusan, the hues of most available crystals had been limited to either blue or green. Lightsaber color crystals could also be compressed, resulting in a pulsating blade, or they could be unstable, resulting in a core which swirled and sparkled."

Which indicates Jedi can and did use all manner of crystals, and crystal color only became limited after a war affected the availability of various crystals. So, if a Jedi can find a desirable crystal, he could use it per the lore.

Any color limitation is artificial and to your tastes, not to the theme of the game.

You know, I talked to Spy. He isnt nearly as stupid as you're paraphrasing him as. Just has a different viewpoint is all that i finally understood.

You misread me. I don't think he's stupid at all.

I think he's just stretching things a bit out of proportion. He obviously doesn't agree with so many jedi using redlightsabers, and think it's lore-breaking. I dn't think so.

To tell the truth, i don't think there is a right or wrong here. But I don't think there's anything wrong with a few jedi with red lightsabers.

You know, I talked to Spy. He isnt nearly as stupid as you're paraphrasing him as. Just has a different viewpoint is all that i finally understood.

Thanks.

You know, ANYONE who talks to me would know this... but very few people have even tried to understand my point in this thread.

Thanks.

You know, ANYONE who talks to me would know this... but very few people have even tried to understand my point in this thread.

All kidding aside, I would bet that if the alignment restrictions went away you would see less red light sabres.

Hello,

I believe you are mistaken. According to Wookiepedia:

"For millennia, the Jedi Order lit lightsabers in every color and hue imaginable. However, following the Battle of Ruusan, the hues of most available crystals had been limited to either blue or green. Lightsaber color crystals could also be compressed, resulting in a pulsating blade, or they could be unstable, resulting in a core which swirled and sparkled."

Which indicates Jedi can and did use all manner of crystals, and crystal color only became limited after a war affected the availability of various crystals. So, if a Jedi can find a desirable crystal, he could use it per the lore.

Any color limitation is artificial and to your tastes, not to the theme of the game.

None of that means red is the most common.

In fact, if people could just go beyond that one Wookiepedia page and actually read up on the time periods in question, you would know that there were lots of colors, but red was still very rare.

Edited by Spymaster

You misread me. I don't think he's stupid at all.

I think he's just stretching things a bit out of proportion. He obviously doesn't agree with so many jedi using redlightsabers, and think it's lore-breaking. I dn't think so.

To tell the truth, i don't think there is a right or wrong here. But I don't think there's anything wrong with a few jedi with red lightsabers.

Me either, but i find you are much more likely to reach someone by not making fun of them. (at least before getting some good natured respect first :p )

I honestly think it not the whole lore thing, because story wise there isnt a whole lot of red using jedi. Its just seeing a lot of players that do can be pretty jarring. Goodness knows I've gotten some "..." when they see my sith be a goody goody wielding a blue lightsaber.

Edited by Clova

Good questions... All I know is it's not cool or uniuqe to see a republic jedi with a red saber in this game... it's just common cliche', annoying and frankly a little too emo for my taste.

Had they not made the restrictions, you'd probably see far fewer doing it. But since they put the restrictions in, regardless of the fact there were multiple threads asking them not to, I imagine many people are doing it just as a "Well, screw you!".

Also, had they not put in the restrictions, people wanting to play their story their own way would still be able to use the blue or green even if they're a bit on the dark side. With the restrictions, they are forced to use the red or go with a neutral color like yellow or orange.

Me either, but i find you are much more likely to reach someone by not making fun of them. (at least before getting some good natured respect first :p )

I honestly think it not the whole lore thing, because story wise there isnt a whole lot of red using jedi. Its just seeing a lot of players that do can be pretty jarring. Goodness knows I've gotten some "..." when they see my sith be a goody goody wielding a blue lightsaber.

Okay, fair enough.

You actually think that was a good argument?

Asking for citations for thousands of years worth of Star Wars history, when it's blatantly clear that all they had to do was read ANYTHING about Star wars to see how uncommon red is for a Jedi?

Seriouslly..... read ANYTHING.

It's like asking me to prove that division works and then getting mad when I show you a math book.

That is a bad analogy. The better analogy would be me asking for proof that there are feral cats in the USA and you point to the USA on a map.

The fact stands that people here are asking for proof of your claim. The one who makes the claim holds the burden of proof. You have no proof to your claim thus you are lying or making up false information to support your "personal" opinion. If you honestly were correct you would have information to support your original claim of which you do not.

Also red sabers were very common during the GHW and JCW. You cannot claim red sabers are not common during this time period when you cannot prove red sabers "aren't" common during this time period.

Once again, the burden of proof is upon those who make the claim. So prove to us you are correct or at least have the decency to admit this is a mater of opinion and not facts.

Edited by Meiu