The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Red Sabers.....

Spymaster

Any any Star Wars item you pick up.

Hey, guess what? I'm a Sith. I kill jedi. And I tote a blue LS.

Why? Cause I want to, that's why. Also, as I said, I'm a Sith. I can do whatever I darn well please.

Put that in your lore pipe and smoke it. :p

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude. Listen. Here's your answer: This is the FIRST piece of Star Wars canon to take place in this time period. Who knows what color was most common?

The problenm with that thinking is you can use it for ANYHTING. We don't know that Jawa's didn't rule the galaxy at this time... but that doesn't mean it fits the story to have that happen.

Can red be the cool color now? Sure I can happen.... but it doesn't fith with anything else in StarWars for that to happen.

Hey, guess what? I'm a Sith. I kill jedi. And I tote a blue LS.

Why? Cause I want to, that's why. Also, as I said, I'm a Sith. I can do whatever I darn well please.

Put that in your lore pipe and smoke it. :p

This. Very much this.

I'd carry a green or blue lightsaber as a trophy.

The problenm with that thinking is you can use it for ANYHTING. We don't know that Jawa's didn't rule the galaxy at this time... but that doesn't mean it fits the story to have that happen.

Can red be the cool color now? Sure I can happen.... but it doesn't fith with anything else in StarWars for that to happen.

The color of the lightsabers is hardly galaxy-shattering though is the point. Jawas ruling the galaxy would be interesting and probably of note to historians. The color of laser sword people were getting hacked to bits with probably wasn't too important.

And how does it not fit? Why are you ignoring all the evidence to the contrary I and others have posted so far?

No. I'm talking about the Sith. The Freedon Nadd days.

I thought you were talking about Jedi who used red sabers, right? I'm sure they had colored sabers before they found the Sith (people.) I'm also sure they didn't call themselves Sith before they found the people named the Sith. You said it wasn't in the lore to have a ton of Jedi using red sabers. I posted an example where it is very likely possible, as there were no Sith using sabers then.

Edit: Also, my mistake - I'm posting this as evidence not about saber colors, because we honestly don't know. I'm posting this because you said there weren't many Dark Jedi who became Sith. I just remembered what I was even arguing about - so right there's a ton of Dark Jedi who didn't become Sith - the Sith became Dark Jedi, and had their name changed.

Edited by Calsetes

The color of the lightsabers is hardly galaxy-shattering though

Galaxy-shattering no? Out of place in the setting yes.

And how does it not fit? Why are you ignoring all the evidence to the contrary I and others have posted so far?

You posted evidence that a large number of Jedi useing red all at the same time is a common thing in StarWars? I must have missed that.

Your whole premise of this thread is that "most" Jedi in lore didn't use red light sabers. Yet you've offered no proof of what you're basing this on. All you have is what YOU think the lore says... however, the people who make this game (and the red lightsabers) are the people that actually get to write the lore for this time period.

I don't think you realize how ridiculous you sound saying TO THE LORE WRITERS that red lightsabers don't fit YOUR idea of what YOU think the lore should be.:rolleyes:

Posted again, because you still haven't found a way to disprove me. Until you do, you entire point is moot because it's not based on anything other than your opinion over the writer's.

I thought you were talking about Jedi who used red sabers, right? I'm sure they had colored sabers before they found the Sith (people.)

They did. But red was not common in any of the sources from any times taking place before this game.

I'm also sure they didn't call themselves Sith before they found the people named the Sith..

They already found the people named the Sith. They attaked the republic and went into hiding again during the years before this game takes place. Sith are already known in the republic

Galaxy-shattering no? Out of place in the setting yes.

How is it out of place in this time period? The lore-writers obviously say it's perfectly acceptable.

If the LORE WRITERS say its acceptable, then it IS lore. Don't know why you fail to grasp this... other than the fact that you're just trolling.

Ban red sabers for republic, please Bioware :)

I completely DISAGREE, my Jedi has one custom red and one reward saber blue. It's not lore breaking what so ever, from tier 1 onwards darkside you can only use red/orange/purple. I see it as since I killed a sith, I take their lightsaber as a trophy

How is it out of place in this time period? The lore-writers obviously say it's perfectly acceptable.

Video game's often go against lore. That doesn't mean it fits the story.

Did you play SWG? They had lore writers too.

Edited by Spymaster

Ok but...this game is canon. It falls into the EU. Like the previous very right person said, just because it goes against how you feel doesn't mean it's not cannon. My brain is melting a little here. You're either being too childish to admit you don't control the canon for Star Wars, or too trolly to realize your thread doesn't make sense.

Unless the Jedi are making friends with Sith there are no way for them to get red crystals.

The sith red crystals are artificial creations that are literal crystallizations of their passion, fear, hate, and emotions. THE DARKSIDE.

Infact in lore they are MUCH more powerful then normal crystals, and due to their alignment with the Darkside the Jedi Council essentially forbade all Jedi from using them.

So yea. Just lore's view point on it.

Edited by Tovenar