Mercs will not be nerfed here's why

Bejita

As it stands now mercs are a turret, they must stand still to do all of their damage, the whole point of a class like this is they are immobile but can act as strong backline artillery units, to nerf this class would LITERALLY make it the most pointless class in the game

Yes you nerfed OPs, but ops still have mobility, can choose which fights to enter, and have incombat stealth and defensive cooldowns

What in gods name does a dps speced merc do when the only thing he has, high consistent dps do when you take that away? all i ask is that you THINK before asking nerfs

if you nerf the sorcs damage atleast they still have the huge advantage of speed and CC, no such this is for mercs though!

nerf sorcs, buff mercs, then all will be well in balance land

Edited by Bejita

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kick up the heat generation for Tracer Missile, spread out the buffs that tracer missiles gives to other abilities so you don't have to spam one button, and make the +% crit set bonus a 4 piece bonus. Then you'll have a good start in balance land

Um I can run around and dps just fine with only minor stops for certain skills. Mercs generally just one button DPS instead of using other abilities.

Heatseeker Missile, dart, missile blast, rocket punch are all easily usable on the run and do tons of damage.. Brief stops for tracer missile and unload then back to running around..

The reason why mercs have trouble against sorc is not because sorc is OP, but its because mercenary lacks an interrupt ability (other burning our knockback cooldowns). If you want to fight a sorc you need to get in his face, not turret DPS from range. Use rocket punch (talented knockback) and jetblast to interrupt his heals and big attacks.

lol buff mercs lol - wow I almost fell over - I wont get into how they are nerfing ops yet all they have is their stealth, no survivability, no gap-closers. So you are a "turret" that justifies your damage huh? Doesnt matter - no amount of justification will save your from the derp-nerf stick

As it stands now mercs are a turret, they must stand still to do all of their damage, the whole point of a class like this is they are immobile but can act as strong backline artillery units, to nerf this class would LITERALLY make it the most pointless class in the game

Yes you nerfed OPs, but ops still have mobility, can choose which fights to enter, and have incombat stealth and defensive cooldowns

What in gods name does a dps speced merc do when the only thing he has, high consistent dps do when you take that away? all i ask is that you THINK before asking nerfs

if you nerf the sorcs damage atleast they still have the huge advantage of speed and CC, no such this is for mercs though!

no you dont want them nerfed because you are one you have no skill and you want to keep it easy mode spamming nuke missiles i do noth freaking think so

tracer missile and grav round need a good 20 second CD thats all so it cant be spammed but still highly usable in a combo with other abilitys not just

tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile if you lived that long then tracer missile tracermissile its pathetic

If anything Mercs need a buff and some mechanics changes.

Mercenaries are the only class without an ability interrupt. Mercenaries primarily need to be stationary to do any DPS. The dps is mostly boring to play. Trust me, we do not WANT to use tracer missile, its just the only thing we have without a long cooldown. The entire Arsenal tree is designed around it, you must have 5 stacking heat signatures for our other abilities to function at all. I would much rather have more mobile attacks than tracer missile but its all we have right now. I have no way to catch up to someone who just wants to flee (ball carrier, healers pillar humping).

The majority of are abilities are cast times which can be interrupted by all of the other classes in the game, they can be line of sighted (the pillars around the flames) to easily prevent us from doing any damage at all. Our missiles have a cast time AND an animation time, meaning even after you finish casting one the missile has to travel through the air to the target and if they are in range when you finish casting and out of range when it gets to them it does 0 damage.

We just dont have any good tools for proper PVP and I have retired my Champion Merc in order to play something else with the tools needed for pvp (interrupts, escapes, defenses).

Bad mercs stands like a turret and only use tracer.. Any half decent merc does 3 tracers then moves on to other abilites and just throws in a tracer to keep the heat signature going.

All you random qq moaners need to realize this.. Sure it's easy to stack up medals and only spam tracer, but a player that does that suck at everything there is about pvp (usually) If you catch him he is dead every time.

If a merc know how to utilize his skills, TM will be 30-40% of his total damage, instead of 95% like it is for the baddies...

Commandos and Mercs are definitely going to be nerfed. You see PvP isn't balanced around good players. Its balanced around the 80% that cant LoS, CC, Interrupt, kite, get into melee range, don't know what half their abilities do, and refuse to play as a coordinated group especially in pugs. This is why MMO PvP will always be a joke, people refuse to learn to play because its far easier to QQ on the forums about someones mindless zerg being easier/better then theirs. Look no further then Sages/Sorcs QQing about Commandos/mercs for proof.

What 50 class ganked 10s all day in bg's Mercs! Bet they got tons of pvp gear ganking 10s all day , they deserve no considetration as all of them 50 gankers!God knwo what they gonna do now though and communiy dont care! They are all ganking trash!

How about a cool down on the tracer and longer lasting debuff? I can use maybe three other abilities before I must fire tracer again. Between the long cast and missle animation, you have to fire with 1/4 of the time remaining on the debuff or it drops and you are back to spamming tracer again.

What 50 class ganked 10s all day in bg's Mercs! Bet they got tons of pvp gear ganking 10s all day , they deserve no considetration as all of them 50 gankers!God knwo what they gonna do now though and communiy dont care! They are all ganking trash!

You're pretty funny, too. Brb, grabbing some popcorn.

You're pretty funny, too. Brb, grabbing some popcorn.

Killing 10 gives as much honour as a 50, merc will chase a 10 all over a

bg to get his kill! In a random warzone , nobody pays atention so eventually 50 merc gets his 10!

Edited by Vampari

In case you forgot, you have an interrupt button, along with other cc's and knockbacks. tracer can be interupted, and a BH cant cast tracer while flying through the air. so much qq. l2 interrupt tracer, arsenal BH abilities rely on tracer. just interrupt and control that.

Bla bla bla nerfing other is fine but buff.me. thats all i read.

Ops only had burst from stealth. Ifs ok to nerf that then it is ok to nerf your ezmode spam. Its only fair to nerf everyone the same.