Operative DPS PvE

RossMacDonald

Depends on what spec you go / what playstyle you want..

Lethality will be more than adequate for PvE DPS

I personally hate lethality and with the upcoming Acid Blade nerf to ArP (The other nerfs are TOTALLY needed IMO) I don't see concealment being that viable in PvE anymore.

Currently Re-rolling an Assassin...they sort of have backstab right? : /

Edited by eveenus

I personally hate lethality and with the upcoming Acid Blade nerf to ArP (The other nerfs are TOTALLY needed IMO) I don't see concealment being that viable in PvE anymore.

AB's penetration buff was dropped from +50% to +30%, but that's still pretty strong for a 15-second buff, and the rather large DoT part of the effect was unchanged. As for Jarring Strike? Figuring that this was probably going to happen, I never took that talent in the first place, and spent those two points on Scouting instead for the +2% Defense. I wish they'd simply replaced the knockdown with some other effect, since the main complaints seemed to revolve around the helpless feeling people had as they lay on the ground for three seconds getting stabbed, but so far that hasn't happened.

I'm not saying that I've had NO problems in PvE, but it's all gone fairly smoothly. When you get to the point where nearly every backstab is a critical hit AND delivers your Acid Blade attack, you'll do just fine for damage in PvE groups. Soloing's a bit painful if only because it becomes so hard to get the boss mobs to turn their backs to you; you're pretty much dependent on Debilitate there, and unless you're Biochem then you'll have a real problem staying healty while tanking the boss mobs.

One thing I'd say: don't neglect the low-level talents in the other trees. +5/10% to Shiv damage is obviously useful for Conceals, as blade attacks are basically all they'll do. +3/6/9% Cunning is great for us, as is the +2/4% crit boost. And then there's Incisive Action, which makes Kolto Injection cast fast enough to be useful AND has it generate a TA. Being able to start a fight with a point of TA already generated for a Stim Boost can be huge in PvE's extended boss fights...

AB's penetration buff was dropped from +50% to +30%, but that's still pretty strong for a 15-second buff, and the rather large DoT part of the effect was unchanged. As for Jarring Strike? Figuring that this was probably going to happen, I never took that talent in the first place, and spent those two points on Scouting instead for the +2% Defense. I wish they'd simply replaced the knockdown with some other effect, since the main complaints seemed to revolve around the helpless feeling people had as they lay on the ground for three seconds getting stabbed, but so far that hasn't happened.

I'm not saying that I've had NO problems in PvE, but it's all gone fairly smoothly. When you get to the point where nearly every backstab is a critical hit AND delivers your Acid Blade attack, you'll do just fine for damage in PvE groups. Soloing's a bit painful if only because it becomes so hard to get the boss mobs to turn their backs to you; you're pretty much dependent on Debilitate there, and unless you're Biochem then you'll have a real problem staying healty while tanking the boss mobs.

One thing I'd say: don't neglect the low-level talents in the other trees. +5/10% to Shiv damage is obviously useful for Conceals, as blade attacks are basically all they'll do. +3/6/9% Cunning is great for us, as is the +2/4% crit boost. And then there's Incisive Action, which makes Kolto Injection cast fast enough to be useful AND has it generate a TA. Being able to start a fight with a point of TA already generated for a Stim Boost can be huge in PvE's extended boss fights...

Spatz what's your current spec?

Crit and Surge? or Power? your main 2nd stat?

I'm doing operations as a concealment op. I wear the 4 piece Rakata bonus (+5 energy), and the rest is mostly Battlemaster gear. My backstab with my gear and talents is suppoed to have a 70%+ chance to crit. To be honest, its very hard to judge how "useful" you are because there is no combat log, damage meters, and I'd say on most boss fights you are staring at the lower half of the boss so you can't even see your damage numbers. If I shift the camera up to look at numbers, then you will miss nasty things that happen on the ground.

Can your guild make it work? Sure. But I have no idea if I'm being carried, or if I'm actually holding my own.

There is a raid fight where everyone goes 1v1 against a mob. This would usually be a decent indicator of your dps, but the mob is immune to stuns and so you can't backstab it after the initial opener (so no Acid Blade either). So I'm usually the last to finish my mob (I do take on the highest hp ones too though), but if I could backstab I'd imagine I'd be right in the middle of the pack.

Edited by Pinworms

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.