The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

so are pvp servers ever going to have open world pvp?

kuthroat

Will there be a time where you can kill anyone anywhere AND get valor + rewards for it if they are within a certain amount of your level? I would like to pvp other places than a single planet? For starters, how about the pvp zone on tatooine? Is this in the works?

yes what I am asking for is when I kill someone in a zone I get valor. What the hell is the point of a pvp server if there is no incentive for people to come into the zones that I am in and vice versa to have confrontations? One friggin planet is obsurd.

and there is already pvp? where is this pvp? I have leveled two toons to 50 and maybe have run into 4 poeple on the opposite faction. I have sat in the tatooine pvp area and it is a ghosttown.

Edited by kuthroat

Unfortunately all that exists in SWTOR atm is ZVP. Ilum is nothing but a zerg camping the others base.

This game needs serious objectives and items to fight over to break this cycle.

PVP is a joke in it's current state.... and not to mention there are barely anyone doing it.

The majority of the 24/7 playing zerg guilds got their instant 60 BM gear on patch day and have no reason to ever step back in Ilum again.

So, currently I'm spending time in RIFT again, their wpvp has meaning and objectives to contest.

Honestly? No, I don't think so. Mostly because the engine can't handle it.

I don't have a top-end PC, but it's quite decent. Runs BF3 near maxed at 1080p, minus FBAO. But when I go to Imperial Fleet and see 40-60 people on my screen, the game slows down so much it is unplayable. I doubt the game could handle 40v40 Alterac Valley-like warzone right now, never mind full-blown world PvP.