No lie, this game's release felt like

CalvinDu

ok.. so tell me lets say bioware put you in charge effective today.

how would you "turn this boat around" so to speak since TOR was such an absolute total and utter failure to you.

i heard bioware may even go out of business and take down EA with it :eek: at least that's what a buddy of mine said when he only say 86 people in the republic fleet.

Here's my short list. Bioware if ya want to hire me, I'm open to it.

PVE.

1. When you flag yourself LFG, you automatically /CJOIN LFG channel thats global.

2. Epic receipies from crafting can be discovered from reverse enginering [the raid drop ones, can be raid drop + rev. eng. procs.]

3. Quest board to guide you to which FP / Planets [ make sure to point towards lvl 50 repeatable dailies, and I would love to see a 1 day/week data/holocrom tip/point/quest. We liked where's waldo and hide n seek as a kid right? fun scavenger hunt. ]

4. Ability to Keybind raid/group makers [flame/shield/cog]

5. Ability to toggle and not display on map/minimap grey/lowbie quests

PVP.

1. random loots bags for pve canceled, instead all loot purchased with points.

2. same faction pvp cancelled. [sorry wrecks storry too much and really is total BS IMO.]

3. gated illum turns into a new WZ stlye - think wintersgrasp/ bh island form wow.

The 3-6 month range I would be looking into:

1. deal with timing/cooldown/ inconsistency between sith/repbulic mirrored classes.

2. Combat log / dps meter. [sorry but raiders got raid. And raiders want to know]

3. Automated SAME SERVER LFG/LFD tool. Eventually ppl get sick of spaming trade LFG.

4. Cross server WZ matches.

5. More WZ maps. 3 + Illum as a WZ isn't horrible but Try to add a new WZ map every 3 months until a dozen or so. [Think guildwars guild halls, the more maps/objectives/strategies, the less boring repetitive pvp gets imo]

6. Change all social equipable gear to Social I. [Pretty clothes / roleplaying doesn't really need to have a big grind behind it does it? Make it more accessible and hope more ppl enjoy the time/labor already spent.]

7. Lower cost on epic flight chest from 375 to 200. Hey if you want to flight sim for random epics, whatever. The return should be more in line with completing H FPs but not quite as good cause it's solo player.

6+ months

new raid teir + raid

legacy system cause its already in the works

Option to do FP with just your companion team? Solo FPs/Heroric areas? Maybe set so can only do regular solo but not Hs. [stop some of the farming maybe?]

Edited by GruntNaka

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The release of The Phantom Menace.

The amazing trailer(s) and years of hype.. and we get this.

Enjoyable to play sometimes, but nothing as great as I expected.:cool:

The key to remember when you're going to post here is that.. admit it, you were probably expecting more.

Share your thoughts, do you agree with my view or not?

Please don't lock this thread mods, it's a discussion/topic about the release hype of this game.

Easy admission for me: I kept my expectations firmly within the realm of my rather plain sort of moderation and was still disappointed by crafting and the dearth of grouping/teaming/guild/raiding features in a raid-or-die style like they foxed upon.

And also just plain functionality and chat features.

Gameplay? Well, they have no idea how to engineer melee classes that aren't dependant on 30+ hotkeys for merely acceptably optimized play, or how to distribute powers and abilities across the leveling stage to keep everything on a similar playing field of functionality.

PVP..yeah, I don't understand how they messed that up so much.

A lot of these mistakes smell to me like the product of engineering in a relative vaccuum. It's like they didn't reference any of the current MMO's on the market and took their chiefest inspiration from World of Warcraft circa 2005-2007, with the Burning Crusade expansions style of vexingly styled dailies to do.

The lessons they might've learned from Wrath or even Cataclysm since they're so WoW-idolatrous? Non-existent altogether.

The examples of things to take inspiration from in games like Rifts or LotrO or Champions Online or even City of Heroes and older games still? Nope nope nope.

I think they sat in a room with the windows closed and didn't even read opinion blogs on the internet, but reverse engineered a release copy of World of Warcraft and used nothing else as a working tamplate to objectify their project goal around.

I don't get it at all.

Storywise, a lot of its good and I love the immersive presentation. I want more of that. Lots more. I can raid in several games; I can gear grind in almost all of them; but there's no other game to play in the MMO scene that delivers story like this.

I want more of that. I want it to be all about that with everything else taking, for once, a back seat. I want to see them focusing on turning out decent to high quality story content, companion content and an ever-expanding universe to explore with the same systematic level of commitment Blizzard gives to WoW's raidgame, if not better still.

I think they'd pull a big win if they did that. But I don't know if they're brave enough to crawl out of WoW's long, dark shadow to see that there's a big, big world beyond it.

And there are a lot of people like me that have been waiting, and might, sadly, be left waiting still for the MMO that gives me the immersive story game I am not alone in wanting.

Don't tell me to go play a single player game if I want that either. I play those too. They aren't dynamic, they don't grow and not even the most robust existing system of downloadable content fills the interactive and social niche.

TOR could do that. They're poised and have the tools; Bioware knows how to tell a story when they mean to.

It's all there.

But will it blend?

We shall see.

Edited by Uruare

The key to remember when you're going to post here is that.. admit it, you were probably expecting more.

Please don't lock this thread mods, it's a discussion/topic about the release hype of this game.

I was definitely expecting a game with more systems that functioned correctly and fewer bugs. Gameplay-wise it's right where I expected it to be. I'm enjoying the game, but the longer I play, the more the linearity gets to me. This might not be BioWare's fault. After 14 years of nonstop online gaming, I might just be finally getting burnt out on MMOs. Edited by RolyartNala

Ugh, in all honesty, I like Phantom Menace more than Matrix 2 and 3.

Damn, this is like saying you like the clap better than herpes or syphilis.

I mean, who wouldn't, but maybe they should try to set the bar a little higher next time. :D

I mean really....

Darth maul should have beat lame Obi'wan. He force pushes him off the edge then stands around waiting to get cut in half?

One more force push...dead Jedi....no training for Luke, empire wins.

Why o why must te good guy always win.

Edited by sempuken

Another prequels hater it seems. The prequels were really good, people are far too concerned about acting. I actually really like the game but I think it could be improved.

lol what? Yeah, the last thing people should care about when they go to see a film is... the acting? ooookaaay...

And now it feels like a New Hope with the empire massively outnumbering teh rebels and the last remaining jedi being scattered across the galaxy!

Yay! I bet i find out that darth malek is my dad and then some fur balls bring the might of the empire to its knees with playable ewoks!

And now it feels like a New Hope with the empire massively outnumbering teh rebels and the last remaining jedi being scattered across the galaxy!

Yay! I bet i find out that darth malek is my dad and then some fur balls bring the might of the empire to its knees with playable ewoks!

Or I could just snipe them.

Yeah.

That'd solve everything.

First of all, I never said it was a total and utter failure. Everyone has their views on the release of The Phantom Menace.

Second, there are just so many things I'd do differently with this game, I don't even want to name it all. And I'd hate for this thread to get locked because it turns into a suggestion thread.

Can we all sit in awe and discuss how we the hype of the prequels and the eventual release, can be related to this game's release?

I mean come on, admit it. You were expecting more.

This is always the case, IT SUCKS I'D DO IT DIFFERENTLY but no insight is ever given, admit it you're just jumping on the bandwagon of disliking certain aspects of the game for no reason.

Nope, I think you are trippin

This is always the case, IT SUCKS I'D DO IT DIFFERENTLY but no insight is ever given, admit it you're just jumping on the bandwagon of disliking certain aspects of the game for no reason.

I gave a couple reasons in this thread already.

Go find em, if you really want to know some.

I don't understand why it's so hard for some people to admit there were and are faults with this game:confused:

Edited by CalvinDu

I actually had no expectations and wasn't planning to buy the game at all because i was burnt out on MMOs. I started playing MMOs with Ultima Online and didn't want to get into another one. Then I broke down and got it just to see how it was planning on just doing the free month. I have been amazed from that point on.