The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

how much accuracy rating?

Ommadonn

I am almost 50 and I was starting to get me armorings/mods/enhancements made. I was wondering how much accuracy rating I need. I know I need to stack up to 105% but how much rating is that at 50? should I worry bout gettin accuracy rating on enhancements/mods or will I have enuff wit just other gear. fergot to mention, I will be a tankin PT runnin the parrokeet build atm. any help would be greatly appreciated. Edited by Ommadonn

Um the current thoughts on Accuracy in PVE is, it's useless. Unless you DW. Rapid shots is only thing affected by it. All of our tech can't miss same level mobs. Since bosses are 50, you can't miss. Let me find link and I'll edit this.

It's why I started a thread in pvp forum on the uselessness of BM DPS gear cause every piece has accuracy. Only place accuracy has any use is in PVP against tanks only.

EDIT: Can't find link, but found the copy I made from the theorycrafting:

As of right now the accuracy stat is a waste. All boss's are lv 50 and accuracy only helps against higher level npc's. Accuracy only affects 1 standard attack per class and your off hand attack. If you duel wield you still need an additional 5% accuracy or if you want your 1 standard attack (non special, non force, non tech) to not miss then go for an additional 5% accuracy.

Basicaly accuracy is only effective against tanks in pvp.

Also, it seems from testing that the armor pen from extra accuracy isn't working in PVE or the boss's don't have the extra defense to make extra accuracy important.

Back to me, From what I'm seeing all the top raiding people are saying ignore accuracy completely.

EDIT2: Found a link about stats, read about accuracy on page 1 and page 8

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=157437

basically all but our basic free attacks have 100% hit chance, bosses right now dont' have resitance/extra stuff. So accuracy is a waste in PVE. Also testing done by a friend in full accuracy gear 106% to 105%, force lightening. No extra damage was done to the boss from this supposed armor pen using 1 spell, force lightening the entire time.

I guess bosses were supposed to have 10% defense, but don't anymore or it's not working.

Edited by dardack

thank you, that is exactly what I needed to know.

No problem. They may fix it in the future, where you need more accuracy, but right now, except in pvp and really only against tank classes, it's kinda useless. Since how many of us Rapid Shots a ton?