Need an operative guide!!!!

SensusSW

Grab the points from the trees that give you crit and cunning, then spec up the concealment tree.

Once you get to around 30/40, respec into concealment fully to get the "god mode" skills.

Do you have a link to any detailed guide I can take a look at? Or do you just know this out of pure knowledge from playing the class?

pvp is self explanatory. Here is the cookie cutter build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#4010cZGhModkrffzZhr.1

rotation is [fixed]:

stealth>acid blade>hidden strike>shiv>acid blade>backstab>lacerate, rinse and repeat.

You also want to apply poison dart sometime if you can to increase your dmg output.

Debilitate and flashbang when appropriate. Don't forget about Sever tendon, which roots for 2 seconds and slows for 12 with this spec and can be used on players with full resolve.

If you get caught out of stealth you WILL DIE in roughly 5 seconds unless vanish is up and they haven't dotted you.

Evasion is great for close fights with melees or if you want to purge dots before vanishing.

I think I've covered pretty much everything.

Edited by VirgiI

Do you have a link to any detailed guide I can take a look at? Or do you just know this out of pure knowledge from playing the class?

Its basic sense for almost any class. There is nothing really important pre lacerate. SO you just get the crit and cunning skills ( which makes a BIG difference at low levels), then when you hit the right level, spec out of them and into your class defining skills.

If you spec solely up the concealment tree from scratch, you can level with zero problems, but having 9% more cunning and the extra crit helps a hell of a lot at low levels with levelling speed.

Plus specced right, you can solo pretty much all heroic missions regardless of +2 or +4 up to the late 30's.

Just one more thing, as an op do you still use your cover abilities such as snipe?

To drop an explosive probe and a snipe I would assume. I am a Lethality sniper and do it all the time (only difference is I use series of shots instead of snipe), so I guess Op's do it too for a nice chunk of extra damage.

Edited by Bastal

pvp is self explanatory. Here is the cookie cutter build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#4010cZGhModkrffzZhr.1

rotation is:

stealth>acid blade>hidden strike>backstab> (if vanish is up, vanish and repeat steps 1-4) > shiv > lacerate > (if collateral procs, lacerate again else overload shot/rifle shot until shiv is off cd) > backstab, etc.

You also want to apply poison dart before your lacerate so that collateral strike will regen your TA, but when you apply it is up to you.

I disagree. I would say;

Stealth -> Acid Blade -> Hidden Strike -> Shiv -> Acid Blade - Backstab -> Lacerate.

You also don't need to Poison Dart them as long as you keep Acid Blade up on the target, since that counts as a poison effect. The extra dps doesn't hurt though if the fight drags out.

I disagree. I would say;

Stealth -> Acid Blade -> Hidden Strike -> Shiv -> Acid Blade - Backstab -> Lacerate.

You also don't need to Poison Dart them as long as you keep Acid Blade up on the target, since that counts as a poison effect. The extra dps doesn't hurt though if the fight drags out.

I must have been drunk when I wrote my rotation. Yes, this is the correct one.

Im shocked that still some ppl do HS then directly BS, instead of HS+AB -> Shiv -> BS+AB

The BS first is to ensure positional availability due to jarring strike.

If you are hitting two acid blades within that short a period, you are clipping a significant portion of the dot.

Thank you! Healing "theory crafting" information was very useful. Definitely notice a huge improvement in my heals when dropping Alacrity for Surge/Crit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.