Defensive Roll...usefull?

mattnaik

The real question should be: if you are going combat is there anything better? I had to throw some talent points in crappy skills to get 31 points, and defensive roll was one of the better ones. Edited by Arakasii

The real question should be: if you are going combat is there anything better? I had to throw some talent points in crappy skills to get 31 points, and defensive roll was one of the better ones.

Sorry, I am going watchman. I am toying with the idea of changing my 3 points in Insight (focus tree) into defensive roll. the problem is, I have one stray point to put into something.

I'd send the link to my spec on torhead.com but these forums like to parse EVERYTHING for inappropriate words and o-m-f-g appears in the spec link :)

Sorry, I am going watchman. I am toying with the idea of changing my 3 points in Insight (focus tree) into defensive roll. the problem is, I have one stray point to put into something.

I'd send the link to my spec on torhead.com but these forums like to parse EVERYTHING for inappropriate words and o-m-f-g appears in the spec link :)

What if you do something like This where you use another word to so the link doesn't actually show? Would that keep it from messing up your post?

You guys know insight only effects force powers which our strikes and burns in watchmen are not right?

Go to your abilities tab in game and look in the right column. Burn effects are indeed force. The direct damage of cauterize is not but the dot is. Watch your yellow(force) numbers

Edited by mhuntly

I plan on taking it as a Watchman. Compared to like 2 percent accuracy or a 4 percent chance for Force powers to crit - a 30 percent defensive boost is HUGE for a class that really lacks defensive staying power.

What the? Where the hell have you been, a watchman is often (if not always) used in hardcore operations guild group over a guardian because they have more survivability...

How the heck are you ''lacking defensive staying power'' I just dont get it.

Try not to stand in the fire.

Now about the use of this talent: IT IS AN EXTREMLY GOOD TALENT IN PVE OPERATIONS AS IT GIVES A CHANCE TO YOUR HEALER TO HEAL YOU OR GIVE THEM THE CHANCE TO NOT HEAL YOU BECAUSE OF THE STEP YOU TOOK TO GET INTO THE AOE.

What help an healer and doesnt gimp your dps is A MUST IN PVE RAIDING.

Beside.. the other talent is ****. temperance is situational and work only when there is alot of adds to get a good efficiency, focused leap is not bad but SUCK if not combined with the reduced range of leap which should not be taken over the other talent in that tier of Watchman. Therefore, the 2 talents that are a must is first steadfast because you don't want to MISS ANYTHING (it help you get the hit cap easily and allow you to get other stats like SURGE and CRIT) and then 2 points in defensive roll.

Edited by Paralassa
content

What the? Where the hell have you been, a watchman is often (if not always) used in hardcore operations guild group over a guardian because they have more survivability...

How the heck are you ''lacking defensive staying power'' I just dont get it.

Try not to stand in the fire.

It's a different story when you're in an operation group compared to off on your own in PvE content. I don't disagree that the Sentinel has a lot of good tricks up his sleeve in Rebuke/Blade Ward/Force Camouflage/Guarded by the Force - but when you have no choice but to stand in the fire, the Sentinel's natural defenses aren't super when we tend to pour out more constant damage than other DPS classes that burst more quickly.

But yes, when you have a big group at your disposals - healers, tanks and ranged DPS, it's a different story. However when it's just you and Kira out in the great big galaxy, it's sometimes a different story.

I think a lot of players around here would agree that there's not a lot of wiggle room with a Sentinel. If you're not playing at the top of your game as this class, you'll struggle compared to others.

focused leap is not bad but SUCK if not combined with the reduced range of leap which should not be taken over the other talent in that tier of Watchman.

I greatly prefer the 2 points in Focused Leap (spending 7 points at that level of the tree, rather than 5) and not taking either Force Camo or Focused Pursuit (spending only 3 points at that level).

Having an extra interrupt seems >>>> not taking damage during our aggro dump. Am I missing something?