Left Action Bar for Companion Actions

Blotter

Anyone else having trouble getting this to work? I choose in preferences to make the left action bar the companion's actions and it simply doesn't do it. Instead, it puts random crap in it, like my speeder bike and the huttball and leaves most of the slots empty and unchangeable. Makes no difference to lock/unlock the bars, etc. Simpy nothing seems to get it to work.

Anyone else having trouble getting this to work? I choose in preferences to make the left action bar the companion's actions and it simply doesn't do it. Instead, it puts random crap in it, like my speeder bike and the huttball and leaves most of the slots empty and unchangeable. Makes no difference to lock/unlock the bars, etc. Simpy nothing seems to get it to work.

I have mine set to right and it works ok, I use the left for harth stone orb thing and buffs I don't have to reapply often.

I have mine set to right and it works ok, I use the left for harth stone orb thing and buffs I don't have to reapply often.

I do likewise, just the opposite sides. I'll see if the right side works tonight after work I suppose...altho that sort of begs the question because the left side is borked no matter what.

I had a similar issue when I started an alt. I eventually realized that in addition to making my companion bar the left one I needed to disable the left bar otherwise it was using my own abilities and not showing the pet bar.

Been awhile but I am pretty sure that was the fix I used.

OP, setting the position for the bar sets its position for when it's in its maximised state. However, when you normally see the companion bar in the bottom right corner of your screen, its in its minimised state (i.e. you only see about 4 buttons, no more).

To maximise it, click the "+" beside it and that will expand it out. It will then appear wherever you set it to in the preferences: i.e. either over the left bar, over your centre bar, or over the right hand bar.

Likewise, to put to it back into its minimised state, click the "-" thats beside / underneath the companion bar.

Edited by Tarka

You need to expand the companion bar; it's the + button on the default small bar down the bottom left corner. The corresponding - button you get on the larger version drops it back down to the small one in the corner.

Tried that. I'll take another pass at it tonight tho and see if I can rule some more things out.

Edited by Blotter

I set my Left Action Bar to be my companion actions, and it appeared there fine once I expanded it, but then I noticed it kept disappearing, then reappearing, then disappearing...

I finally realized my Ventrilo push-to-talk button, the '`' key, was the same as the button to toggle expansion of companion abilities into the full bar.

Edited by Khimemouse

Mine is set to left bar and keeps resetting to short, then expands to the bottom center, kinda annoying to have to put it right every time I log in, and appears to be in the fleet, not when I log out-in otherwise.

Offtopic, does someone else finds his-her char kneeling on login? Happens a lot lately.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.