What Marauders really need

Apoliya

I've read a lot of posts over the last few days as to what marauder's need to be good. yes lack of cc's or hard stuns is a problem but not insurmountable in the higher level's. after that the problems are just in the global cooldown. but the one thing I believe marauder's should have to get around most things is just force pull. it would give a marauder a fighting chance against kiter's and could work as like a reverse gap closer. like I said above the marauder's problem's start becoming negligible after I hit about lvl 45 but having someway to close the gap aside from leap or gore would be really nice.

I've read a lot of posts over the last few days as to what marauder's need to be good. yes lack of cc's or hard stuns is a problem but not insurmountable in the higher level's. after that the problems are just in the global cooldown. but the one thing I believe marauder's should have to get around most things is just force pull. it would give a marauder a fighting chance against kiter's and could work as like a reverse gap closer. like I said above the marauder's problem's start becoming negligible after I hit about lvl 45 but having someway to close the gap aside from leap or gore would be really nice.

Saber Throw and Crippling Slash, add them to your bar.

Edited by AcaciaDragon

10m range.

Vicious throw and dispatch both need 20m range , then sent and mara are fine , end of story.

Giving a melee class a Ranged ability. Genius. Lets also give Sorcerers a really good melee ability like Massacre.

Also, V. Throw's ranged can be boosted by 5m with the PvP set bonus. Doesn't make sense to make a 4 piece set bonus for a move we can only use 20% of the time. How bout a 10-20% "whatever" boost to forms. That way each spec can take advantage of it and none are excluded or shown favoritism.

20m range on our throws totally addresses being melee dps, being too squishy, lacking dps, or whatever claims all these baddies are making about marauders today.

Dear op: I think force pull would be very nice. Needed/would it fix our problems? Eh, but I think it'd be a funny counter to knockbacks.

Edited by Sayc

To be honest, I would rather get Force Push than a pull, and give it the same perk of refreshing the cooldown on Force Charge, like the Juggernauts have. However, either one would be really nice. I don't think we really need it though as a class to be successful. I would certainly love having it... but I think other areas of this class more than compensate for the lack of a push/pull.

I use all the skills the marauder has including deadly and vicious throw and i re specced my annihilation build to include seeping wound so i don't have to use crippling slash I was just saying the pull would be nice because a) it would help cut down on stunning then kiting and b) pull people away from heal bots and large groups. because i've found after about 40 marauder's never lose one on one and need more ways to draw people int that one on one.

Giving a melee class a Ranged ability. Genius. Lets also give Sorcerers a really good melee ability like Massacre.

Also, V. Throw's ranged can be boosted by 5m with the PvP set bonus. Doesn't make sense to make a 4 piece set bonus for a move we can only use 20% of the time. How bout a 10-20% "whatever" boost to forms. That way each spec can take advantage of it and none are excluded or shown favoritism.

Your such a jerk. There is nothing wrong with giving melee also ranged attacks since there is a huge advantage for being a range class right now. And dont forget we are force users, so its not weird having ranged abillities as a marauder at all.

With the PvP 4Pc set I believe the range of deadly throw and our vicious throw have a +5 meters added to their ranged.

Our 2/4 set for PVP are insults.

Compare it v's BH - who get +15% crit damage on Tracer and +15% on rail shot for their 2/4 piece - thats a significant dps boost, 5 yards on an ability we use around 10% of our time is a joke.