KEY Marauder Problems/Issues

FeeFiFoFum

I know there have been quite a few threads similar to this but I think it is important to keep mentioning them and supporting/debating the potential or confirmed problems this class has.

1. Ability Delay: this issue is obvious and has been well experienced by many. It occurs with most abilities and can be extremely frustrating, happens a lot with battering assault and retaliation. This issue has been addressed and will hopefully be resolved soon.

2. Companions: Questing as a Marauder is more difficult as there is significantly more down time. When I was level 45 facing mobs of the same level or slightly lower, I would be near 50% hp without using major cooldowns. This forces us to use Quinn all the time which sucks because he is a douche.

3. PvP: I think that without the ability delay and the issues with RAVAGE AND CHOKE!!!! are worked out, we will be a serious force to be reckoned with. We do need a little bit of lovin (imo) and scoundrels need to be nerfed to the ground (ahahahah nerf inc) but after this, will be awesome.

4. Medals: We need to have access to as many medals as tanking/dps and healing/dps classes do. We cant get heal medals or protection medals, which just straight up is not fair. Might seem petty to many, but I enjoy WZ's and try to do really well and get frustrated how others can just roll in more medals.

5. Ability issues: RAVAGE!!! CHOKE!!! fix pleaase. Force jumping into character creation screen is also not fun. Camo while still being shot also not fun. Triggering global cool downs and having no ability go off, not fun. Smashing and hitting no one, pushing undying rage or camo once, twice, then spamming it like crazy and having it not go off, not fun (yes it is off cd), there are more but i cant think through my rage when i think about it.

Anyway feel free to tear me apart or add to my rant, these are just things I notice as a casual player and want them to continue to be mentioned. I am well aware of all the videos of fully geared super experienced marauders dominating everywhere they go. But most of us are not like that, we are good players but not 50 in 3 days after launch with full battle masters.... Im not asking for tons of new skills or a cc or heavy armour, (although that would be sweeeet) just want these issues to continue to be discussed.

4. Medals: We need to have access to as many medals as tanking/dps and healing/dps classes do. We cant get heal medals or protection medals, which just straight up is not fair. Might seem petty to many, but I enjoy WZ's and try to do really well and get frustrated how others can just roll in more medals.

You're not breaking any ground with your wish list, as we already know about the issues you mentioned, as does Bioware. I disagree 100% with the statement quoted above, however. You aren't a tank so why do you think you should be entitled to tanking medals? You're not a healer, so why do you want healer medals (ps: you can get the "heal for 2500" medal as a Marauder)? If you've ever played a healer in a Warzone, they suffer from the same thing we suffer from, with regards to "medal envy".

Play your class, be good at it, and don't worry about someone else's ability to get two or three more medals than you (assuming they do everything they are supposed to do). If you work at it, you can still get 6-10 medals in a single match.

You're not breaking any ground with your wish list, as we already know about the issues you mentioned, as does Bioware. I disagree 100% with the statement quoted above, however. You aren't a tank so why do you think you should be entitled to tanking medals? You're not a healer, so why do you want healer medals (ps: you can get the "heal for 2500" medal as a Marauder)? If you've ever played a healer in a Warzone, they suffer from the same thing we suffer from, with regards to "medal envy".

Play your class, be good at it, and don't worry about someone else's ability to get two or three more medals than you (assuming they do everything they are supposed to do). If you work at it, you can still get 6-10 medals in a single match.

My dps specced and geared powertech and assassin are not tanks either and they easily get 3-4 tanking medals every wz just by using taunts.

It is no longer possible to get the 2500 or 5000 healing medals as medpacks no longer grant these. The only healing medal attainable by marauders is 75K healing, which can be reached through long games with bleed tick healing. You can also roll with the rage spec's +10% health on Unleashed, which, while pretty weak in my opinion, heals you for around 1.5K every 2 minutes, which in a 15 minute game of huttball can help reach that 75k. That being said farming medals like this is stupid and will only make the game more aggravating, as if PvP wasn't frustrating enough as-is.

The only change to the medal system I really want is just more medals. I want medals for scoring the ball/passing for a goal/passing or receiving X balls/capping X points/winning the game by X margin/etc. Currently the spread is weak with top medals earned always by medal farmers who get 10k protection then stop or 75k healing with 5k crits then stop. It's lame and boring, and people who play the objective are punished.

I dont think he was asking to recieve those, I think he was meaning give us other medals that only a dps class has an easy time at getting. Which Bioware already stated that are going to be adding different medals to Warzones.

Also, I dont think Potions of any kind give healing medals anymore, ever since 1.1.

You see, this forum is full of people who would rather think the worst of anyone and automatically assume anything that they were not familiar with was automatically a lie. Luckily for me, I made a video displaying my crappy Rage PVP skills. In that video, I hit unleash and it healed me for 2352 points (I do not have 25000 hp and I do not have 23000 hp). What this would mean to me is that it can crit. And because I don't mind my lack of PVP skill being judged, you can see it for yourself at the 1:45 mark of this video:

You see, this forum is full of people who would rather think the worst of anyone and automatically assume anything that they were not familiar with was automatically a lie. Luckily for me, I made a video displaying my crappy Rage PVP skills. In that video, I hit unleash and it healed me for 2352 points (I do not have 25000 hp and I do not have 23000 hp). What this would mean to me is that it can crit. And because I don't mind my lack of PVP skill being judged, you can see it for yourself at the 1:45 mark of this video:

Oh i see, that would have been the last ability i would have guessed could crit.

my annihilate does the same dmg of your highest smash in that vid and im lvl 43(not comparing e-peens) so that makes me love more annihilation spec lol

He didnt suggest we get those medals, but we should have our own.

JOke:

I was CC'd the most medal

I hit no one medal

Death my smuggler medal

Jugg out damaged me medal

etc