The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware. Here's how to balance Sorcerers

Rhazesx

Assassins vs sorcs is kinda a joke. Woot 30 second dash for assassin. with a 15 m jolt to stop their 30m light.... This is how it normally goes for me. Sneak up spike, votic, shock, I get knock back 20m+ their at 50-75% life. Them Knock back bubble/heal, lighting/slow till i get into 15m jolt close. they bubble, and bubble and bubble with a heal here, while waiting their till knock back is up again. If im luckly their around 30% by this time im almost dead. ie poped my stim. If i get a chance to go a 3rd rush because my sprint is up im lucky. But this is pretty much how it goes if I fight a sorc that is speced like this which seem to be able 90% of them. Oh yeah my 3 second force shoud thats totally epic because half the time it doesn't seem to work right.

But I do kill them solo maybe 2/5 times and I out gear them.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a really simple fix for Bioware to balance sorcerers since they are so OP. Take out lightning affects and replace them with the Sage ones. When Sorcerers log in and are throwing peebles they will make a new characters. In less than 2 weeks there will only be 1-2 per match like Sages their mirror class that isn't OP.

lol, if sorcs are op then sages are JUST as op. at least sages are getting fixed next patch.

lol, if sorcs are op then sages are JUST as op. at least sages are getting fixed next patch.

Good, so all those AoE healing sages are being brought in line with the healing sorcs.

Now the republic will be even easier to take down since we had so much practice with them having the bonus healing already.

I get knock back 20m+ their at 50-75% life. Thats odd, sorceror actually has an 8m knockback, which is one of the shortest ones. Only person that could throw you 20m+ is a SW / JK with Force Push, the next biggest is BH Merc with 12m

Them Knock back bubble/heal, lighting/slow till i get into 15m jolt close. they bubble, and bubble and bubble with a heal here, while waiting their till knock back is up again. You know that the cooldown on casting bubble on themselves is 20 seconds, and the AE knockback is 30 second recast... so yeah, they would only get off one bubble.

If im luckly their around 30% by this time im almost dead. How did you get to 30%? You said they were just healing and bubbling. TBH, no self respecting DPS sorceror would try to heal themselves (aside from med pack / bubble) while actually in combat, the net gain is too little and any self respecting DPS can outdo their heal output.

Maybe you should try exaggerating less. Assassins have the tools to take out sorcerors (burst damage, interrupts, stun, slows) you just need to use them better.

No that just means that people want to shoot lightning out of their fingners.

doesn't really matter. they are OP no matter what you guys try to read into the popularity of the class.

The ridiculous percentage of players playing these two classes, more notably Sorcs though, is just making it really obvious to the people who rolled one of the "normal" classes instead of the swiss army knife.

Edited by mufutiz

Maybe you should try exaggerating less. Assassins have the tools to take out sorcerors (burst damage, interrupts, stun, slows) you just need to use them better.

Your totally right. We're standing near the left lanch pad Sorc knocks me back past the Huttball spawn... thats only what 8m? right...

Your totally right. We're standing near the left lanch pad Sorc knocks me back past the Huttball spawn... thats only what 8m? right...

Then it wasnt the sorc that knocked you back, perhaps they cast it and someone else cast it too which knocks back further. Also the if there were 2 people casting knockback on you the sorc one would hit second as it doesnt KB til after the animation whereas most other classes KB at the moment you click the button.

Edited by Avindra

The problem with Sorcs/Sages isn't their dps, it's their insane amount of CC and Utility. I have a hard time beating an equally geared Sorc on my Commando simply because I'm stun locked or interrupted for half of the fight.

My 4 second stun on a 1 min cooldown and my interrupt on a 12 second cooldown lock you down? I would hate to see you face a tank who actually has real control abilities.

Then it wasnt the sorc that knocked you back, perhaps they cast it and someone else cast it too which knocks back further. Also the if there were 2 people casting knockback on you the sorc one would hit second as it doesnt KB til after the animation whereas most other classes KB at the moment you click the button.

Unless I got knocked back from some unseen player which everyone at their spawn because we were about to score.. It also reads Knock back targets WITHIN an 8m radius.... Far as i know NONE of the knock backs say how far they knock back....

I play Sage and there is nothing OP about sages or sorcs.

1) the bubble can only mitigate maybe one high damage attack before it pops.

2) The healing sucks, 3 second cast on a heal that hits for 1500 (2500 on a good crit)

3) As soon as the other team notices you, and starts to focus you (which they should do), you have about 2 GCDs to live

4) Only one skill tree has an ability that slows and does damage at the same time and it does not do much damage (tiny little DOT)

Bottom line is that they are a difficult class to play. Some people are great at playing it, just like every other class in the game.

Oh okay, thanks for clearing that fact up. It's not like you're in any way biased or anything...

Bioware wont balance sorcs.

They won't even acknowledge sorcs possibly have an issue.

So many players play sorc.

Even if 2% of their playerbase rage quits becusae of a sorc nerf bioware devs will get the can.

However.

100% of the operative base quits beccuase of hte nerf.

That's still less than 2% of the sorcs. Plus sorcs get happy they dont have to deal with the burst damage class.

Bioware devs are beyond bad.

Don't bother trying to ask them to do something good for the game.

They will only do what their investors allow them to do.

Bioware wont balance sorcs.

They won't even acknowledge sorcs possibly have an issue.

So many players play sorc.

Even if 2% of their playerbase rage quits becusae of a sorc nerf bioware devs will get the can.

However.

100% of the operative base quits beccuase of hte nerf.

That's still less than 2% of the sorcs. Plus sorcs get happy they dont have to deal with the burst damage class.

Bioware devs are beyond bad.

Don't bother trying to ask them to do something good for the game.

They will only do what their investors allow them to do.

So you think the investors, the banker types who don't give a **** about video game balance, are the ones making balance decisions?

Edited by Paralassa
content