This launch sets the bar

Ravenolf

Why did you stop there?

No people to do group quests with.

No heavy or full servers.

No chance to get competitive at end game if you didn't start Tuesday.

No one that didn't start Tuesday will remember this as a good release.

...so just to be clear, you're actually of the opinion that there is 'no chance' to ever be competitive in end-game if you don't hit the ground running on the very first day that logins are possible? All the folks who didn't pre-order are destined to a life of mediocrity?

Seriously?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No they're not, bad troll bad!

I mean the alternative would be everyone and their moms trying to log into the game on the 20th. If the intention of this headstart was a test to see how the general public are likely to react, every "thanks! this was a GREAT idea!" post is not going to disincline them from officially launching the game in the same *appreciated* mode

this way it recreates... what did the OP say?

No ques to get in.

No quest mob camping.

No crashes at all.

No lag at all.

All I know is that I for one will be counting down the seconds to put in my game code the moment I receive it and secretly hope for the people who started day1 to either have some sort of shipping glitch/delay or be too busy playing in head start to check their mail so they end up lower on the cue and having to wait a day or two after the 20th to get back into the game.

If they're still happy at that point, hey more power to them.

Congrats Bioware on the successful and smooth launch. Finally a company with enough brains to not allow every person into a new MMO at once (which is always a disaster).

Also, this is coming from someone who is not even playing yet. You whiny brats need to grow up.

...so just to be clear, you're actually of the opinion that there is 'no chance' to ever be competitive in end-game if you don't hit the ground running on the very first day that logins are possible? All the folks who didn't pre-order are destined to a life of mediocrity?

Seriously?

You realize that the competitive endgame means you accomplish stuff FIRST... Do i have a chance of getting first in a foot-race if i start 10 seconds behind others? Yes, Of course I'm at a major disadvantage now aren't I?

I mean the alternative would be everyone and their moms trying to log into the game on the 20th. If the intention of this headstart was a test to see how the general public are likely to react, every "thanks! this was a GREAT idea!" post is not going to disincline them from officially launching the game in the same *appreciated* mode

this way it recreates... what did the OP say?

No ques to get in.

No quest mob camping.

No crashes at all.

No lag at all.

All I know is that I for one will be counting down the seconds to put in my game code the moment I receive it and secretly hope for the people who started day1 to either have some sort of shipping glitch/delay or be too busy playing in head start to check their mail so they end up lower on the cue and having to wait a day or two after the 20th to get back into the game.

If they're still happy at that point, hey more power to them.

I'll vote for that maybe there will be a snow storm and all UPS, FEd EX and package delivery will be cancelled for a week

Edited by Atalantia

Agree to a point. First day should have been everybody that ordered first, and day two should have been everybody else. At the end of the day, we all contributed in the same way. Some of us just did it sooner. I honestly don't think making people wait three, four or even five days is remotely fair to anyone that purchased a pre order, no matter when they did it.

As far as server loads, the zones are instanced, and there are more servers than any launch I've ever seen.

What I am saying is that large companies that have huge debt/cashflow 90 days is a huge chunk of change. Now if that raises stock prices on anticipation then that could be even bigger. This is seriously nothing to sneeze at.

Congrats Bioware on the successful and smooth launch. Finally a company with enough brains to not allow every person into a new MMO at once (which is always a disaster).

Also, this is coming from someone who is not even playing yet. You whiny brats need to grow up.

Comments on Dec 20th then? since you realize that the million or so that didn't preorder will be doing exactly what you just described... all logging in at once.

You realize that the competitive endgame means you accomplish stuff FIRST... Do i have a chance of getting first in a foot-race if i start 10 seconds behind others? Yes, Of course I'm at a major disadvantage now aren't I?

The thought that because you started 1-2 days later then other people that you won't be able to be competitive in end-game is just laughable. 1-2 days MEANS NOTHING in the long run.

No ques to get in.

No quest mob camping.

No crashes at all.

No lag at all.

And so far the community has been great, and very helpful in chat.

Congrats Bioware! I am sure future MMOs will take a page out of your book.

Now to get back to it. So much win in this game.

No idea. Im a second class citizen.

no ques to get in.

No quest mob camping.

No crashes at all.

No lag at all.

Congrats bioware! I am sure future mmos will take a page out of your book.

u say that because you alredy in ******* :D

No ques to get in.

No quest mob camping.

No crashes at all.

No lag at all.

Congrats Bioware! I am sure future MMOs will take a page out of your book.

I FLAGGED your post because your playing and I am not.

To all thos e whiners who are sad they didn't get in today, or yesterday, or even tomorrow, including me....STOP CRYING!

You could be waiting til the 20th, like the scheduled rollout stated.

Damn! Give someone free days and they still cry!

So how are they getting free days if they're waiting until the 20th?

The thought that because you started 1-2 days later then other people that you won't be able to be competitive in end-game is just laughable. 1-2 days MEANS NOTHING in the long run.

But you agree that, no matter how small, I have a disadvantage imposed on me by the game right? 10s in a 10 mile race is nothing... but its still a disadvantage to have to make that 10s up.

except they are stilld oing this, on the 20th. this is just an early access that they are staggering, i assume to try and get people in a wave past each level point, so at lunch the newbie areas are as clutter free as possible.

that said, on launch day there will still be everyone logging on, any lag will still happen as well as queue times. this will just cut down on "some" content lag. but even then there will likyl be alot.

im not saying they did anything wrong, im just saying that this launch doesnt solve the problem you claim it to. itsolves a diffrent one.

Comments on Dec 20th then? since you realize that the million or so that didn't preorder will be doing exactly what you just described... all logging in at once.

Not if they schedule a roll out on the Dec 20th launch date. Course you limit the waves to 5-6, then it is likely people will have to wait their turn to access the game again.

Note also that there will be no grace period for Early Game Access players to continue playing the game without redeeming their Product Registration Code and Sign up for a recurring subscription or enter a Pre-Paid Game Time Code. Essentially bumping them to the back of the line similar to people who pre ordered early but didn't register their code until later for whatever reason.