Combat Medic - Which support cell(s) are you using more frequently (for leveling)

FlavoredAir

There's two schools of thought that I've heard so far when it comes to leveling as a Combat Medic:

1. Armor Piercing Cell - What I've read is that most of our combat abilities profit far more from armor piercing than from Plasma Cell. I know that APC is the primary cell of Gunnery, but a lot of folks are saying that even leveling as a full Combat Medic they're getting higher DPS out of this cell over CSC.

2. Combat Support Cell - Out bread and butter and the only cell for healing, it takes a build up to 30 charges to get the most bang for your buck.

I've been using CSC most of the time, but I've noticed some higher numbers with APC. Does anyone have any theorycrafting numbers on which is more effective for dps while leveling full Combat Medic?

I used combat support just for the almost free charged bolts.

Plasma cell I thought was good as well. Easy ways to get a high impact bolt off, so more burst damage. Since trash mobs while leveling don't have much health, it really wasn't that bad. Maybe on a long-term, overall fight, the DPS might be better with Armor-piercing cell, but I didn't notice any difference with leveling.

Edited by DimitriM

I run with CSC. It lets me hammer shot my pet if a small heal is needed, lets me do some emergency healing if things get hairy, and I can spam Charged Bolts with it on fights where I need more dps but am not in emergency heal mode.

Most trash dies to Mortar Volley or Pulse Cannon so fast that the benefit from APC doesn't seem worth it. If anything lives long enough to care what cell Im using, I am probably wanting the extra healing ability anyway.

Any nonelite pack just explodes to any combination of dart/DFA/blaster sweep/flamethrower.

Single strongs die before they reach melee range if using supercharged powershots.

In elite packs, you need to be prepared to heal, thus support cylinder is likely going to be better here aswell.

I did ~40->50 using nothing but support cylinder, Gault and healspec with no real issues.

Imo the more important thing is to pick up Muzzle fluting. Having that -9 heat on power shot will help a lot more than anything else.

for me Combat Support Cell. Mainly becauce of the healing.

But nothing is more fun than firing Supercharge Cells and getting Charged Bolts with a 0.99 sec cast time for free for 13 sec (with set bonus).

Best i got out so far were 31 shot in a row. After this i was out of mun.

A gunnery commando with CSC can really be fun. Maybe not as effectiv as any other cell, but still fun, and give out some good burst damage.

And it is more than enough to solo alot of stuff.