Is this really a subscription based MMO?

Tadins

We'll see in the future if they're doing things for profit, or are they just trying to overexploit us.

Does it really matter how much profit they make? No, it doesn't!

The only thing that matters if you think the game is worth what they are charging to play. That's simple math for everyone without needing any numbers that in most cases are hard to impossible to come by.

15$/month is a good value for me, doesn't matter if the make 0.01$/month profit or 14.99$/month profit.

As for the cost fo expansion packs, well I like it that they cost extra. Having the choice between 15$ a month and an expansion pack for 60$ a year versus paying 20$ a month and free content updates I'd choose the first version every time, even though in the end you pay the same.

Why? If an expansion costs money they are pretty dang sure going to try to make their customers feel the expansion is worth it.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see in the future if they're doing things for profit, or are they just trying to overexploit us.

Of course they're doing it for profit! Either you're a kid with ideas, or from a highly social (political wise) country, because obviously BW/EA aren't a charity.

As for how much profit is too much profit, well, that depends on your viewpoint doesn't it. As for 'over exploiting', please. What are they doing - forcing you to buy their addictive drugs at ever increasing prices? Use your discretion, judgement and intelligence and don't be a sheep.

So far, all I have seen in this post, is people looking to argue and belittle. Right from the start, the OP was attacked and bashed for a simple question. He asked if the game was included completely with subscription, or if there were mini-purchases as well(Which is the case in WoW and more disappointingly, Star Trek Online, even before it went F2P)

Everyone just decided to read the post as "This game shouldn't charge a subscription fee" or "This game is over charging" when that wasn't posted at ALL originally. Some people just have nothing better to do than argue and fight.

In response to the original post, Yes. Everything is included in your subscription fee, as of this moment. Hopefully it stays that way. I don't mind a few cosmetic items being added for an additional cost, as long as theres some content (As well as some cosmetic options) being created for subscription costs as well.

Now, your future statement about expansions packs being free, that SHOULD get you attacked, because that's insane! to the best of my knowledge all games charge for expansion packs, because of the amount of work put into it.

I think most players of this game would HAPPILY plunk down extra cash for expansion packs. Myself included.

Edited by ShaideCa

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.