Were the Doomsayers Correct?

Wynternight

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is the first day of paid subs, no more 30 day free play. Has the game population dropped by 75% like one genius said it would? Are the cries of DOOOOOOOM being born out by mass quitting and ghost town servers?

I'm thinking not.

Definitely not.

In fact, yesterday was the busiest day I've seen on my server yet (Lord Calypho, EU RP-PvP). Coruscant was positively crowded.

I suspect it may be the case that some of the types of people who bought the game over Christmas, or had it given to them as a present, haven't started playing it till recently. i.e. some of the older players, with actual lives.

Edited by gurugeorge

http://www.mmo-junkies.net/statistics/

Would suggest over the past 2 weeks the server fall load has dropped 30%, although I'm sure the counter argument of BW changing the server load will be used here.

What I see is a general settling trend, where you have a bunch of people playing right at the get go because it is new and fresh, people are on vacation because of the holidays.

I would wait to see Mo. 3 data to really get an idea of what is going on.

We won't know until we are at the 3 and then 6 month marks.

Personally I am just waiting my days out (80ish left) and if they manage to change the game into something nice I will come back.

Otherwise STO and AoC for me!

STO has been a blast and AoC has so many things TOR doesn't along with better (IMO) looking environments.

Also, it cost me exactly $0 to play them so far.

Cho Mai - Republic Side is dead...Fleet had around 30-40 during primetime the last several days

While I was leveling all of the zones after Tattooine over the past 2 weeks have had 5-6 people on average during prime time. I thought this was normal till I came to these forums and see people posting about having multiple instances or over 100 people in the fleet...where the hell is this happening?

Now for a quick rant while I'm at it:

I PVE'd through the story at what I thought was a casual clip with the odd WZ here or there (only at lvl 11 valor) and finally hit 50 just in time for this god awful bracket change. Now I have absolutely zero chance to win any WZ and get destroyed in any PVP encounter...not to mention that many WZ's are ending early due to lack of participants.

There is absolutely NOTHING to do after you hit 50 and finish your story but PVP for gear (AND NO I WILL NOT REROLL AN ALT TO REPEAT 75% OF THE SAME SHARED QUESTS OVER AND OVER AGAIN)

/Rant off

I suppose this rant is intended to hopefully kick BW into action sooner rather than later. I'm on a month to month sub that I've recently cancelled but will be following these forums and the game updates to see if any changes are made to give us something to do at 50 (after all i did drop ~$70 on this game). Until then, my acct and char are probably going to sit on the shelf.

Hello everyone,

We are closing this thread. While we understand that people can be frustrated with the community at times, please understand that threads like this tend to draw out people who wish to be overly negative and incite flames and are not constructive.

In the future, please create threads that encourage gameplay discussion and not ones which criticize or seek to "call out" the community.

We do appreciate your feedback regarding Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ and we ask that you please see this thread from AllisonBerryman regarding constructive feedback on the forums.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=141421

Thank you.