Force Lightning - On the receiving end

Fallenlore

I'll start by stating this: I hate Empire vs Empire warzones.

So during a Huttball game this weekend, we ended facing another Empire team. This time they must of had 4-5 sorc's in the match. They were all over the place, and if I ever got the ball (from killing the one with the ball) I would get zapped by 3-4 sorc's all with force lightning. I think we were all running the hybrid build.

It was pretty silly, with lightning everywhere that map. I don't think either team actually scored there was so much lightning all over the place. I felt like a Tesla coil all throughout that map, getting force lightning'ed on and casting force lightning their team as well.

Anyways, I was wondering if there were any counters to multiple force lightning sources. If 2-3 people scattered throughout the map were casting force lightning on you from different angles, what could you do? Barrier only lasts a fraction of a second under those loads. Is the only option to try to find LoS cover?

Edited by Fallenlore

It's no different with any other heavy DPS class focus firing you. How do you think it feels to get 4 assassins unload on you at once? Answer: you pop within a single GCD. Hell, 4 powertechs rocket punching you at once will take more than half your health, if they all crit and have a rocket punch heavy spec it will nearly kill you outright unless you're a tank yourself. And even if you are a tanky tank, the follow up rail shots WILL kill you in most cases (exception being those that can reduce incoming damage like a warrior).

Not really sure what to tell you. If you get 3 or more players targeting you at once and you're not guarded and there's no heals forthcoming, it's game over in most cases. In the best case scenario you're able to knockback some of them either into fire or at least off a ledge, or sprint to a heal item and hope they pick a new target, or whatever, but you can't tank 4 people without guard in light armor. Even with guard, your healer is going to hate it.

I would say that unless you're in a forward position to score quickly, you need to get rid of the ball. Your survival time with it is very short if there are lots of other players around and you aren't in a premade with a tank guarding you and a healer pocket healing you.

Yeah I wasn't trying to be ball carrier or anything, was just in range when the other carrier died.

If it was any other class, I think you have a slightly better chance of escape. If 4 melee are on you and you arne't stunned, especially on a ledge, you can overload them and hopefully most of them fall down below. This gives you time to get away.

Even with ranged attackers shooting you, you still are able to run a decent speed to try to find cover.

When there's force lightning involved with the slow, you move at a snail's pace. Can you force speed to safety or will you still be slowed for the duration of the casts? These guys were on multi platforms so they aren't in range for you to overload and knock em back for a second. You could Electrocute and insta-Whirlwind 2 of em, but they can break out and there's still the 3rd snare.

Maybe there isn't a solution, just trying to think if there was a counter to the snare effect. The other ranged classes at least you aren't inhibited that much to run for cover. And melee on ledges with overload = fun times.

Sprint will ignore the force lightning snare effect, so if your only issue is that you're getting bogged down by it, sprint to the back lines. My usually panic move is to just sprint dive into my side's pit, go for a healing item if I need one, and patch myself up before approaching again more cautiously. Sometimes a persistent attacker will follow me, they can usually be dealt with and if not, oh well, I can't say it was unfair.

But yeah, getting surprise ball possession sucks, as a sorc it usually means you instagib a few seconds later unless you were in a good spot to drop it on a PT or jug.

You might try reading up on the resolve system. If you can manage to survive long enough for your resolve to build up, you can clear CC and, for a limited time, you will be completely immune to CC.

If you're really getting attacked simultaneously by 4+ people and there is no clear exit in sight, you should probably expect to die rather quickly under most circumstances and on most classes. But if you have a good exit strategy and all that's keeping you from it is a bunch of snares, using resolve might do the trick for you.

Edited by Magister_Magi

You might try reading up on the resolve system. If you can manage to survive long enough for your resolve to build up, you can clear CC and, for a limited time, you will be completely immune to CC.

Force Lightning has nothing to do with the Resolve system.

Nothing at all. Force Lightning's Slow is not a "debuff" that is affected by Resolve nor does it build Resolve.

I'll start by stating this: I hate Empire vs Empire warzones.

So during a Huttball game this weekend, we ended facing another Empire team. This time they must of had 4-5 sorc's in the match. They were all over the place, and if I ever got the ball (from killing the one with the ball) I would get zapped by 3-4 sorc's all with force lightning. I think we were all running the hybrid build.

It was pretty silly, with lightning everywhere that map. I don't think either team actually scored there was so much lightning all over the place. I felt like a Tesla coil all throughout that map, getting force lightning'ed on and casting force lightning their team as well.

Anyways, I was wondering if there were any counters to multiple force lightning sources. If 2-3 people scattered throughout the map were casting force lightning on you from different angles, what could you do? Barrier only lasts a fraction of a second under those loads. Is the only option to try to find LoS cover?

You got caught in the open by 2-3 enemy players. You DESERVE to die. Flashing lights and the smell of sulfur aside, any 3v1 is going to tear you apart.

dps specs with 1000 / pulse, 4 pulses in 1.5 secs will though.

yeah if you crit 4 times and attacking another sorc or someone with near to no expertise. definately not on a powertech or juggernaut with good equip.

in case someone didnt know, lightning is energy damange and which is reduced by the armor.