Quick Question about the Sith.

Prehistoric

Okey so in the movie Phantom Menace, when Darth Maul speaks to Sidious about tracking and confronting the Jedi on Tatooine, he says something like ''finally we get to reveal ourselves to the Jedi'' implying that the Jedi thought the Sith to have been perished or destroyed.I did some research but I couldnt figure out when and where the Sıth supposedely got destroyed or purged.Where between the old republic and the movies did they get dissapperead for the last time ?

With the rise of Darth Bane. There's the great war between the Sith and the Republic a couple thousand years after this game where "The Army of Light" led by General Hoth and the "Brotherhood of Darkness" led by Lord Kaan meet and end with the Sith blowing themselves up due to Bane's secret treachery (creating the Valley of the Jedi).

Darth Bane institutes the Rule of Two and goes into hiding destroying all evidence of the Sith's survival so they can launch their ultimate revenge with the element of surprise as noted by Darth Maul.

Thankfully, their "ultimate revenge" lasts only 20 years before getting curb-stomped again.

Edited by ObiQuiYett

A Sith Lord in the Order on Bane, purposely opened a Dark side rift in the force a few Hundred years before the rise of Palpatine, the Jedi Sensed this. Also, I believe they knew of the rule of two from a captured Sith operative or something... But they still assumed they were no longer active in the Galaxy.

A Sith Lord in the Order on Bane, purposely opened a Dark side rift in the force a few Hundred years before the rise of Palpatine, the Jedi Sensed this. Also, I believe they knew of the rule of two from a captured Sith operative or something... But they still assumed they were no longer active in the Galaxy.

I still think they could have been active outside of the Galaxy. Nihilus was gone from known space, and there's not much in KOTOR to expand on where he was exactly. So there could be a Sith something or other out in the universe somewhere we don't know about.