Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

So forgive me as I've become a little worried and do not have time to read 73 pages of replies. But from what i have read you

1) Have to complete the planet Nar Shadaa in order to even begin to speak to her outside the initial greeting on the ship when you first get it ( I have over 1500 affection and not a word from her which sort of worries me as T-7 spoke to me at like 980)

2) Cannot choose Darkside flirt option at all.

True yes?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the people at BioWare are working right now, seems like no one's answering any Threads at the moment. DevTracker says that last message from the Devs was at 12.28.2011 10:59 PM... Don't keep us in the dark BioWare! We need at ETA! I don't want to reroll if it's gonna be fixed in a couple of days, and I don't want to have to wait, if it's gonna take a month... Some sort of comment or something on the progress of this bug, would be appreciated by everyone on this thread I think.

So forgive me as I've become a little worried and do not have time to read 73 pages of replies. But from what i have read you

1) Have to complete the planet Nar Shadaa in order to even begin to speak to her outside the initial greeting on the ship when you first get it ( I have over 1500 affection and not a word from her which sort of worries me as T-7 spoke to me at like 980)

2) Cannot choose Darkside flirt option at all.

True yes?

You can choose darkside now, but couldn't prior to the patch on this past Tuesday.

You can choose darkside now, but couldn't prior to the patch on this past Tuesday.

Seeing as the bug is now gone for everyone who didn't reach that point before Tuesday, that does make me think of rerolling.... yet all the hours of work I've put into my character (100+) really makes me NOT want to reroll. I just hope they'll give us some kind of ETA soon. If this will take several weeks, it'd be faster to reroll... but I hope they'll be able to fix it in a couple of days, a week tops. Simply waiting on an update from the Devs now.

Thanks for clarification.

Also this is a prime example as to why nobody should speed through this game :D

I'm level 37 now, and did not speed through the game. I got Early Access the 14th, I watched every single conversation, never skipped one, and I also simply just enjoyed the game, meaning not power levelling. But I did have a lot of spare time, seeing as it's the holidays, so just because some of us level faster than others, doesn't mean that we should have to live with this problem...

Seeing as the bug is now gone for everyone who didn't reach that point before Tuesday, that does make me think of rerolling.... yet all the hours of work I've put into my character (100+) really makes me NOT want to reroll. I just hope they'll give us some kind of ETA soon. If this will take several weeks, it'd be faster to reroll... but I hope they'll be able to fix it in a couple of days, a week tops. Simply waiting on an update from the Devs now.

Agreed, I would like an ETA too. I've stopped playing my main (sentinel) & have been focusing on my alt. I really do not want to reroll but I bought swtor for the experience of star wars & Bioware's great stories. Missing out on the Kira romance is a big deal & does affect my enjoyment.

Even in a mmo for me the story is the second most important, behind gameplay of course. Warzones, space combat etc are a nice minigame distraction for me.

I'm level 37 now, and did not speed through the game. I got Early Access the 14th, I watched every single conversation, never skipped one, and I also simply just enjoyed the game, meaning not power levelling. But I did have a lot of spare time, seeing as it's the holidays, so just because some of us level faster than others, doesn't mean that we should have to live with this problem...

I did not post that to make it sound as though everybody who levelled faster then me is "speed levelling" I had ALOT of spare time myself due to holidays (10-12 hrs a day average for 5 days straight) and am just level 23 and as of yesterday just landed in Nar Shadaa.

You are correct this does seem like a problem that should have been fixed since it has been around since day one of beta.

Finally i know why Kira is not speaking to me at all.

The wiki speaks of endless interactive dialogs and quests but i am 40 now with 8000 affection points and she is mute.

WTH - because I chose a DS option that eassured her of me - and made her wanting to kiss me, I just lost her? Because I didnt checked the forum and read guides ? Because I wanted to play the game without spoilers?

Uve got to be kidding me!

gosh darnit FIX IT

addendum: romancing is a darkside decision thus it should involve DS. Not for nothing u got LS when u revealed the low story of the 2 padawan.

Edited by Anelor

Finally i know why Kira is not speaking to me at all.

The wiki speaks of endless interactive dialogs and quests but i am 40 now with 8000 affection points and she is mute.

WTH - because I chose a DS option that eassured her of me - and made her wanting to kiss me, I just lost her? Because I didnt checked the forum and read guides ? Because I wanted to play the game without spoilers?

Uve got to be kidding me!

gosh darnit FIX IT

That was kind of my reaction. The bug was reported on the forums for before I got to that point but becuase I didn't visit this section, I missed it.

There should have at least been a message in game about it if the devs knew about it.

I just finished act I a bit ago, and I know that should have spawned a big convo with Kira about stuff, but since this big I'm missing out on it.

Hi calhounhusker,

its not just that part that is bugged. According to http://db.darthhater.com/companions/23/kira_carsen/#quests:0+2+1:0+2+1

there are tones of conversations across all levels with her. Even the one liners she says here and there should allow a response.

None of them was ever triggered. She is a silent companion yet for me as tank the most viable one as I have no mentionable DPS.

how did this get by in beta? thought bioware wanted to have a polished product at launch. cant complain though, its like every other game at launch. fix this soon please. allreqady lost all the story line, cant reverse right.

You guys do realize you are Jedi- who are supposed to be chaste.

Its Biowares way of making sure you are proper Jedi

And as we all know: half the jedies are fallen jedies considering I always have at least 1 person in my group doing a DS option that kills the engeneers.

But here i will stop feeding a joker...

Been waiting for this fix for weeks like many of the people on the thread. Also been reading the posts daily and i saw something that i found interesting. Could a character's CLASS quest be reset to a certain point without the entire character being reset? My sentinel is level 40 now and ive put alot of time and money into crew skills, pvp, etc. I really don't want to reroll but at the same time i really don't want to wait months for the fix to this major story bug. I've found the jedi knight story extremely entertaining but ive had to focus on alts rather than finish this character. If resetting only the character's class quest is possible i'd gladly go through the planets again and i'd probably catch up before a fix was implemented. Can this be done?

But seriously, why can't we get some sort of response on how the work on the fix is going? Like I saw someone say earlier, they BioWare employees that answer us once or twice, should stick to this thread, giving us updates on the problem, and some sort of an ETA if they can. I'm really torn about rerolling my Knight or not. Just some word from BioWare would mean the world to us.

Been waiting for this fix for weeks like many of the people on the thread. Also been reading the posts daily and i saw something that i found interesting. Could a character's CLASS quest be reset to a certain point without the entire character being reset? My sentinel is level 40 now and ive put alot of time and money into crew skills, pvp, etc. I really don't want to reroll but at the same time i really don't want to wait months for the fix to this major story bug. I've found the jedi knight story extremely entertaining but ive had to focus on alts rather than finish this character. If resetting only the character's class quest is possible i'd gladly go through the planets again and i'd probably catch up before a fix was implemented. Can this be done?

I was hoping for this as well. Rerolling is a lot of work, but resetting the Main Storyline I'd gladly do over again, I wish they'd give us such an option.

This is a long thread, but in the interest of nudging BioWare toward fixing the problem, the longer the better, so let me add my voice to the chorus.

I don't wisn to start a new Knight, but I would gladly do the class quests over if that solved the problem. I feel cheated out of the experience, and I don't want to hear anything about sucking it up because Jedi don't do that sort of thing. It's a game. I want what I paid for.

Edited by spikerw

I'd be perfectly fine with a reset on my class quest. I'm overleveled enough that it would be quick and it'd be worth it to be able to have non broken companions. It's certainly better than starting over after all the time I've put into my Knight.

I'd just love some kind of official response at this point at least telling those of us who were past this fix what to expect (if anything).

Guys, stop threatening to quit and reroll. There is a SIMPLE solution to all this if you want them to patch it NOW.

1: Message them on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/swtor

2: Leave message after message about this on their FaceBook Wall. http://www.facebook.com/starwarstheoldrepublic

3: Call their toll free number (855) 467-9867 and report a patch bug (option 1 not 3), saying that the patch that says it fixes Kira does NOT fix kira.

They don't want the information about a bug this big on twitter or facebook as that will turn people away from buying the game! So post there, and get the word out that BioWare MESSED UP. Guarantee you, rather than letting their sales decline, they'll patch the bug to save face.

Oh and remember to use the public tweets on twitter (and not a message), and to put the message on the WALL on the facebook link.

As i've been saying all along, do the above. Put some pressure on the devs, they wont want new players to know they screwed everyone over!

Edited by PhoenixViridian

As i've been saying all along, do the above. Put some pressure on the devs, they wont want new players to know they screwed everyone over!

so you want to blackmail them as they try their best to help us?

grow up, I know you're frustrated and so am I, but they told us that they are currently working on it, it's not like they're completely ignoring it, and it seems to be a priority they're working on. And besides "screwing everyone over"? if by "everyone" you mean just the people that play as Jedi Knights and are male and want to romance kira AND care about the story concerning that? News flash, but compared to the overall community base, we're nowhere near "everyone"

Just calm down, it's fine to vent your frustrations, i've been doing that quite a bit, and YES it is frustrating that bioware didn't solve this beforehand. However, they're working on it, we really can't do anything more

so you want to blackmail them as they try their best to help us?

grow up, I know you're frustrated and so am I, but they told us that they are currently working on it, it's not like they're completely ignoring it, and it seems to be a priority they're working on. And besides "screwing everyone over"? if by "everyone" you mean just the people that play as Jedi Knights and are male and want to romance kira AND care about the story concerning that? News flash, but compared to the overall community base, we're nowhere near "everyone"

Just calm down, it's fine to vent your frustrations, i've been doing that quite a bit, and YES it is frustrating that bioware didn't solve this beforehand. However, they're working on it, we really can't do anything more

I must agree. I don't want to blakmail them, and I am frustrated. I don't think they'll work faster if we spread the news of this bug onto public forums around the internet. We leave our concerns here, on this thread, and hopefully, they'll give us a reply hopefully today). If they could tell us how far they've come or something, 'cause I really don't feel like rerolling, especially if it'll be fixed, like, two days after I reroll.