Petition: Battlemaster Bag for 350/350 commendations

Scaffy

i actually agree, because right now people at VR60 are logging in for 2 dailies then logging off because theres nothing else to benefit them, and dont start telling me about pvping for fun

wheres the fun? we cant even queue as a full premade, let alone the lack of rating system etc

Edited by Tohrazer

It would not be a problem if they had valor 70,80,90 and 100 armor sets at this time. But having to play 3 months average to get your endgame gear (according to the earlier guestimation someone posted of 1 item per week it would take 10 weeks to fill all my slots if i play EVERY day and complete all my dailies/weeklies). For gear that's not spectacularly better at all..

Remove the champion bags too then, by the same rethoric?

The point of the gate is to prevent people with too much time from over doing the content. You don't need to gate the whole game :rolleyes:

i actually agree, because right now people at VR60 are logging in for 2 dailies then logging off because theres nothing else to benefit them, and dont start telling me about pvping for fun

wheres the fun? we cant even queue as a full premade, let alone a lack of rating system etc

Maybe I'm just bitter about the stupidity of champ bags but if this system was to be implemented, I would want to see a VERY high cost. Considering that Battlemasters can already pick their gear.

Alright, I did mess up my numbers quite badly. :o

However, I think that being able to buy champion bags is fine and needed, since they allow you to get your Centurion or Champion gear, to become competetive in pvp at level 50.

But the Battlemaster Gear is the final tier of pvp gear. In my opinion it should have been a hell of a lot harder to get it in the first place. Especially since the increase is quite minor.

it's a way they stretch the value of their product. in my last post i pointed out it could take me 3 months with low luck to finish my endgame gear. it's to buy time for them to add more pvp content and items and keep people busy. it sucks, but i get that.

raids at least drop other things you can do useful things with, like drops that you can use for crafting and once in a while you can make an exceptional orange piece with augment slot and have the best armor in the game so to speak... pvp has no incentives. I have 1,500,000 currency from only playing pvp. it's completely worthless.

at this point all i can do is do my dailies and then level an alt because there's no reason for me to keep playing pvp after my dailies.

As someone said, login, do 2 dailies - logout. I like this casual approach. Gets you a free time to level a twink/do other things.

so how will there be war zones in the 50s bracket, if the 50s only log on for an hour a day doing war zones?

the game benefits from people playing all day.

( casual fact: that's often the reason i get mvp votes. because people see me play a lot they recognize me and they know i put my best in to carry the team to victory every time. they know my name and they show their appreciation. Theres this other guy healing and he never gets mvp because i get them, but i see him several times a day trying hard so now i give him my mvp vote even though his stats are lower i know hes consistent and helps the team a lot )

Maybe I'm just bitter about the stupidity of champ bags but if this system was to be implemented, I would want to see a VERY high cost. Considering that Battlemasters can already pick their gear.

i dont care how high the cost is, theres no reason for them to even login right now besides doing 2 dailies, who the heck is designing this stuff? i saw this coming from a mile away

i dont care how high the cost is, theres no reason for them to even login right now besides doing 2 dailies, who the heck is designing this stuff? i saw this coming from a mile away

And thats reasonable, but at the same time, Battlemasters already have the chance to PICK their gear now. As in, NO DUPLICATES. While I do agree that the incentive isn't there for battlemasters, it also isn't there for those leveling valor either. Especially when I'm now in the 70 bags opened range and still have no main hand, no chestpiece, and no boots and a guildmember opened 6 bags and got a main hand and 3 pieces of armor.

I constantly see other with far lower valor ratings and more gear simply because of lucky opens. My luck hasn't been terrible, but 7 helmets doesn't help me.

so how will there be war zones in the 50s bracket, if the 50s only log on for an hour a day doing war zones?

the game benefits from people playing all day.

( casual fact: that's often the reason i get mvp votes. because people see me play a lot they recognize me and they know i put my best in to carry the team to victory every time. they know my name and they show their appreciation. Theres this other guy healing and he never gets mvp because i get them, but i see him several times a day trying hard so now i give him my mvp vote even though his stats are lower i know hes consistent and helps the team a lot )

Are u kidding me? U think all level 50 players are rank 60? Yes, Ilum helped alot, but everyday I see people geared in some dirty clothes and just got 50. Rank 1-60 is not that fast as u may think.

And don't lie to yourself. You don't get mvp cause ppl know your name or you got great stats. I saw millions of times where 4-5 mvps are given to LOWEST stat player, just to make sure rich isn't getting richer. Or a healer, which did an awful healing, but still he was the only one.

several people on my server valor 61 are full battlemaster gear

i am valor 60+1/2 and have no items at all, only 1 token from 9 bags.

there is no way to catch up. Two dailies = 2 bags, I'll probably get no tokens again today.

at least let me play 5000000 warzones to get a chance for another token.

Currently valor 65, hit 60 like...3 weeks ago or smt. Opened like... around 40 of the "old" BM bags. Double pants, 5 relics (yes, five) and two weapons (my Nadia is happy). How's that for being "lucky"? From 1.1 - only 1 BM commendation. It's irritating but it doesn't really matter since BM gear is not worth the effort, negligible stat increase and most of the pieces have worse secondary stats. Whoever came up with the STUPID idea to remove surge from the BM pieces and stick ridiculous amount of incredibly useless alacrity on all the pieces - i hope you suffer greatly and in horrible pain till the end of the world... BW obviously wants to force the sages in being stationary casters doing "steady dps"... in PvP. Right... Sooo, as you can see it's not a big deal this BM gear since you probably will replace half its mods with the Champ ones. But yea... i agree that the RNG is kinda... annoying.

Edited by Drakaris

I was going to say that the current system is fine, but after reading the thread some good points were raised. There are really two points here: first, I agree that the QQ is kind of annoying and really if you look at the math it is reasonable to get geared up in a fairly decent time frame if you're doing all of your dailies/weeklies. Second, however, is the current system only encourages the matches necessary to do your daily, there's no incentive to keep pvp'ing for other stuff, which decreases the number of people in queues, which sucks. Thus, I'm convinced that some kind of purchase method for the bags is proper, because it not only normalizes the loot returns for grinders, it also helps casual players by giving them more people to play against and giving them a guaranteed result in the long run.

If it were possible to purchase a BM bag, it should be closer to 1000/1000, not 350/350. 350/350 is freebies for anyone seriously grinding towards BM. Maybe 500/500 or 750/750 would be appropriate.

Edited by FriarChuggs

First the need to give us ability to trade in pieces we dont want. Nothing discurages you faster from playing like geting your xth piece of same gear. Every day i see more and more peoples just poping in wz to do daily.

Eh, well, the BM commendation system at least saves the frustration of getting 10 implants in a row...