PVP arsenal questions

Xilius

I am Valor 50+ with full champion gear minus 3 centurion pieces. My Tracers are hitting for around 1.5-2k and critting upper 2k on geared targets. Am I gimped because I am not stacking crit/surge in my gear (stock eliminators doesn't have much of it) or is it because I went armortech and wasn't following the "pidgeon-holed into biochem deal"? I know everyone exaggerates about 4k tracers but ive seen some 1.2k tracers on my toon...

I am Valor 50+ with full champion gear minus 3 centurion pieces. My Tracers are hitting for around 1.5-2k and critting upper 2k on geared targets. Am I gimped because I am not stacking crit/surge in my gear (stock eliminators doesn't have much of it) or is it because I went armortech and wasn't following the "pidgeon-holed into biochem deal"? I know everyone exaggerates about 4k tracers but ive seen some 1.2k tracers on my toon...

i suggest if you want more crit and surge (your numbers are low by my standards fyi) to get the tionese 2 piece set which adds 15% crit to TM... and you only loose about 2% damage/healing/damage taken from not full pvp.

then you can get the combat medic head and hands i think it is with your duplicates to pull out the crit/surge enhancements and drop them into your enforcer set.

You should get a dramatic increase in crits as well as bigger crits... typical crit for me is 2.4k on a TM but sometimes up around 3k and a 3.6k HS crit is not that uncommon even in the 50 bracket.

People are saying much bigger numbers but i atribute that to pre 50's bracket play though i may be missing something, new game still on learning curve after all.

Arsenal blows for pvp.

People think it's OMGTRACERMISSILEAMAZINGOVERPWERED.

But when everyone learns that once you interrupt an arsenal specced BH they are screwed that will change.

You do WAY more burst as pyrotech, with a TON more movement and kiting abilities and much better survivability on top of it.

Arsenal blows for pvp.

But when everyone learns that once you interrupt an arsenal specced BH they are screwed that will change.

You do WAY more burst as pyrotech, with a TON more movement and kiting abilities and much better survivability on top of it.

what rotation gives more burst than

ed/tm/hs/unload combo?

just curious, dont have a pyro atm

autoshot + incendiary missile to get your 2 dots up.

Delayed Blast + power shot + rail shot - all three hit at the same time and crit for 3-4k so you have potential for 12k burst.

Followed immediately by unload which puts up a dot again and has a 60% chance to reset the cooldown on railshot - so immediately after you get 2-3k damage from unload and then another rail shot (60% of the time) that can crit for 3.6k

it's a little ramp up time.

But all except power shot are instant abilities and you can be moving while doing it. And your combustible gas cylinder dot slows people so you can kite while moving.

Edited by Iandayen

Delayed Blast + power shot + rail shot - all three hit at the same time and crit for 3-4k so you have potential for 12k burst.

Followed immediately by unload which puts up a dot again and has a 60% chance to reset the cooldown on railshot - so immediately after you get 2-3k damage from unload and then another rail shot (60% of the time) that can crit for 3.6k

But all except power shot are instant abilities and you can be moving while doing it. And your combustible gas cylinder dot slows people so you can kite while moving.

cool thanks, now i have something to theorycraft against :) if it is true that PYRO bursts better than arsenal that is huge imo as i love mobility lol

cool thanks, now i have something to theorycraft against :) if it is true that PYRO bursts better than arsenal that is huge imo as i love mobility lol

Arsenal can have some nice burst as well, but if you get interrupted once you are pretty much dead in the water with nothing to do.

Arsenal blows for pvp.

Jetburst every 15 seconds and rocketpunch knockback> all of pyrotechs little tricks.

Play huttball and tell me knockback isn't the best thing since putting a safety switch on lightsabers.

Jetburst every 15 seconds and rocketpunch knockback> all of pyrotechs little tricks.

Play huttball and tell me knockback isn't the best thing since putting a safety switch on lightsabers.

Mobility in combat > More knockbacks

The "little tricks" you speak of are just Pyro ripping people apart with better burst damage and a $hit-ton more survivability.

Anyone worth their salt will just lol at you and jump out of LOS as they see you trying to push out a fart at them. Pyro's abilities are instant. My tricks > Your rocket-punch.

Huttball is easy, and when you're not relegated to the catwalks and corners of the map, a whole lot more fun. I can actually run the ball and still dish out 80-90% of my damage. If an Arsenal Merc accidentally gets the ball, you can hear them scream in frustration through their monitor.

ummm what is Delayed Blast?

ummm what is Delayed Blast?

I have no clue on what Delayed Blast is but im assuming he's talking about Thermal Detonator.

Usually and believe me i was one of those Arsenal Mercs which got interrupted fairly commonly and thought....*** am I gonna do now??

Usually I insta use Unload....but guess what, if you're focused (even by one) the only thing that EVENTUALLY is gonna save you is Power Surge + Concussion Missile..and it isn't guaranteed.

Now as I switched to Pyro, I can't say im feeling the love of those 12k burst possibilities I read earlier:

IM = ticks for about 500-600

TD = 2.5k-3k dmg

RS = 2k-2.3k (if that much, dont really understand it but im starting to think its RNG based)

Most "burst" i've done was, in a HP pool perspective, ~30% less on equally geared enemies but take in mind that I only have 2 pieces of Champion Eliminator set (rest is the usual pink implants+earpiece etc) and Modified lvl 49 Orange pieces.

Unfortunately getting the darn PVP gear is a pain with all the repetitive pieces I get and most dont have crit/surge on them....

IM+Rapid Shots are your ally on Pyro mainly cause of the slow effect and added damage, HSM and TD are on the same CD timer so no hurt there but you add alot more heat into Pyro than Arsenal since for the most part you'll be moving therefor spreading IM like crazy plus TD when off CD....

More mobility yes, more survabilty yes but I won't agree completely on the burst part since it only pay's off if your target is below 30% hp and you benefit from Burnout (30% increased damage on dots).

PS:

IF you're talking about Thermal Detonator there's no way you get it + Power Shot + RS hit at the same time even if you're tunneling on their debuff bar and still manage to count the seconds besides...I would love to see your gear since I apparentely NEVER been able to pass the 3.6k mark and that was with HSM.

Edited by Osirium

i suggest if you want more crit and surge (your numbers are low by my standards fyi) to get the tionese 2 piece set which adds 15% crit to TM... and you only loose about 2% damage/healing/damage taken from not full pvp.

then you can get the combat medic head and hands i think it is with your duplicates to pull out the crit/surge enhancements and drop them into your enforcer set.

You should get a dramatic increase in crits as well as bigger crits... typical crit for me is 2.4k on a TM but sometimes up around 3k and a 3.6k HS crit is not that uncommon even in the 50 bracket.

People are saying much bigger numbers but i atribute that to pre 50's bracket play though i may be missing something, new game still on learning curve after all.

wouldnt you lose the 15% crit on RS bonus from the 4 piece champ set?

Arsenal can have some nice burst as well, but if you get interrupted once you are pretty much dead in the water with nothing to do.

yeah edard/tracer/hs/unload probably has total numbers on your rotation for burst but tracer and unload are vulnerable to interrupt/knockback/stun

guess it is a risk and reward thing huh?

wouldnt you lose the 15% crit on RS bonus from the 4 piece champ set?

i dont like the 4 piece bonus as much as the double 2 set bonus (and that is figuring in the 2% loss due to less pvp gear)

I cast around 3-5 times more TM's than i do RS, for pyro rail crits are definitely better though

to each his own though, the crits = vented heat as well as more damage... i take 2% more damage, get 2% less healing, but gain about 12% dps - 2% dps = +10% dps total increase to TM which assuming it is 70% of my attacks for proc's/buffs adds 7% to overall dps... i prefer to die faster and kill faster.

everyone has thier own thing though :)

*edit* after doing a simple calc to find out increased dps changed gain to 12-2 from 7.5-2 with the assumptions of natural 35% crit and 1.8 multiplier without the +15% 2 set bonus*/edit*

Edited by Yazule

Mobility in combat > More knockbacks

The "little tricks" you speak of are just Pyro ripping people apart with better burst damage and a $hit-ton more survivability.

Anyone worth their salt will just lol at you and jump out of LOS as they see you trying to push out a fart at them. Pyro's abilities are instant. My tricks > Your rocket-punch.

Huttball is easy, and when you're not relegated to the catwalks and corners of the map, a whole lot more fun. I can actually run the ball and still dish out 80-90% of my damage. If an Arsenal Merc accidentally gets the ball, you can hear them scream in frustration through their monitor.

Excuse me for intervention, but what stops peeps from losing your pyro merc and cleanse the dots in 1 global? About hutball you do realise you are not supposed to solo run the ball for all distance but to pass it to better positioned teammates yes?

Is really a 2 sided coin folks, each tree has a different playstyle with pros and cons, there is no better spec than the one you enjoy. For team pvp I always prefer set in stone procs than random stuff (let's hope my X ability will proc Y ability so that I can use Z afterwards etc).