Should there have been a SWG 2?

Nebbycat

I never played SWG but from what I have read before the Combat change update to the game, I think it would have been a much better game. dont get me wrong I love SWTOR, however something about having to work to become a jedi by playing for months sounds awsome, being able to permenently kill someones jedi sound cool, jedi being super tough and hard to kill sounds awsome, being able to have a toon that doesnt do combat and is just a merchant sounds cool, open space combat. Being able to build a house or a town, this sounds cool. being able to place bountys on jedi.

From what I have heard from peolpe who have played it, is that it was amazing before it got a complete change from how it orignaly was, the main reason it was changed is it was to complicated for people to play since it wasnt just a hit the mouse button and watch game. I think this game would have been awsome and I wish I would have played it before it was changed. Things that I think the game prolly would have lacked since it was a sand box. Purpose I prefer SWTOR over any other MMO I have played because of the story line quests and the talking to NPCS. It just gives me the feeling that my toon means something in the world, vs game's like wow where I just felt like an avatar walking around getting quests not caring about what the quest was for just wanting to finish it and get the XP. Now with SWTOR i feel like I am part of the story as if it has meaning I really like this, and dont think that if you combined the two games I would get this feeling.

SWTOR PVE (casual)

- Select 1 of 8 classes.

- Get a cookie cutter build.

- Do daily quests.

- Watch kill videos on youtube to learn tactics.

- Raidlog and play ~8-12 hours a week.

VS.

SWG PVE (pre-****)

- Level several classes on the same character. You can have 2.5 classes at any given time and you can reroll how much as you like.

- Make money of the played based economy to craft or purchase the best items in the game.

- Grind rancor nests for money.

- Chill in the cantina.

In my opinion you can't really compare the two games, since they are both so different.

I do wish we could combine some elements.

From SWTOR the Storyline, Graphics, Voices and PVP (Warzones/Quelines) with the Crafting, Skillbuild, Armor modification/colors, Playertowns, Unique weapons and Sandbox feeling from SWG.

Sounds like an instant win to me. I also realise that games have budgets and need to make profit... Sandbox gaming is not for everyone, some people like to be guided to the correct/ end path, instead of finding it yourself.

Edited by Dreeb

SWG survived during some years, but was a fail at all. They were expecting many more players. So, do a second part of a game that was a fail in terms of number of players and popularity seems an error.

Personally, i have played several MMOs and i never was interested in SWG. Instead, i was interested in SWTOR.

I wish I could have played SWG. I love sandbox games and would be overjoyed at the thought of just crafting all the time. It seems sandbox games are making somewhat of a comeback so maybe after SWTOR shuts down(most likely in several years) we can get a new sandbox Star Wars mmo.

I would have loved to SWG remade and up dated.

SWToR is good so far, not sure about the end game content as I have not reached it. Like so many other MMO's and recent games they really are dumbed down ie.Skyrim. I loved the crafting and Guild halls, houses in SWG and racing across the landscape in a pack of speeders on a PVP raid.

P.S> the art work in SWTOR is very poor, was it done on a small budget or manged by the CEO's son or some other reason for such a major aspect to be left sub standard.

I played SWG from the beginning. I can still remember having to walk everywhere because there were no speeders. Being able to have your own house was nice.

I was one of the first unlocked Jedi on eclipse. To get this, I had to master all 32 professions which took some doing. It wasn't untill the combat upgrade that officially killed SWG IMO.

Jedi were rare and powerful then. Perma Death was a way of limiting the number of jedi.

The economy was fantatstic. every profession relied on each other to craft a good item. Like I said, that all changed when the combat upgrade came and made it look more WoW like.

:(

Two of my fondest and most funny memories were these:

A team of 4 BH's, all with jedi bounties rolling out as a Jedi Gank squad. Last target of the four ended up being one of the 3-4 full fledged Jedi Guardians on the entire server. This Jedi proceeded to completely destroy our 4 man team. It was pretty awe inspiring and humbling to say the least.

The large population at the Dantooine mining outpost all running "solo group" missions for credits. It was always a huge party there. The breaking up of the party, or at least disturbing it, was someone pulling the Dark Jedi Master that sat not far away into the outpost and sometimes even into the cantina. It was always carnage on a stupidly massive scale until everyone realized what was going on. Then it took 60+ people 5-10 minutes to kill it.

SWG had some great things about it, but it did lack in certain areas. I do miss Pre-CU very badly and I think I always will; its imperfections and all...lol.