Disturbance with no cooldown

Kytea

Hi

My level 31 sage has a 1.5 secs cooldown on Disturbance

I recently ran a Flashpoint with another Sage.

He was spamming Disturbance so fast. I asked what skill he had to reduce the Disturbance cooldown, he didn't know.

Could anyone point me to the skill that reduces the cooldown on Disturbance please?

Actually I'm not sure if it was a short cooldown, a short cast time, or both, but he was throwing those disturbance ballls way faster than I can.

Thanks

Edited by Kytea

Disturbance doesn't have a cooldown at all, aside from the global cooldown. But because it tales 1.5 seconds to cast, the global cooldown is up by the time you finish casting the skill. Disturbance has always been spammable, don't need any talent points for that.

I think the OP is confusing activation time with cooldown. Activation time is how long it takes you to cast it. The cooldown is how long before you can cast it again. It has a 1.5 second activation/cast time.

Edited by Leiloni

Mental Alacrity: Increases Alacrity by 20%. Available at lvl 30 in the Telekinetics tree.

Could also be alacrity from gear or a relic.

Might also be Telekinetic Momentum process which fire additional disturbance animations for less damage.

Could even be Tidal Force which gives an instant Telekinetic Wave.

Well, he was throwing one white ball approx every second, definetely faster than my 1.5seconds activatio (casting) time.

It wasn't telekinetic momentum, as he was doing this 5-6 times in a row.

Next time he's online I'll ask him

If you continuously queue up Disturbance after Disturbance, the activation time actually begins before the animation finishes so it appears like you're spamming it with no CD.

HINT: set your skill queue in preferences to the max (1sec)

Edited by Borobob

Maybe he was throwing Telekinetic Waves mixed in with the disturbances, with the instant activation proc from the Tidal force talent? I know that kinda looks like a white ball similar to the disturbance ball.

It was Disturbance with either Mental Alacrity active or a Relic, though honestly, only Mental could approach 1 second levels pre-50.

Additional Alacrity can reduce the GCD below 1.5 seoncds on abilities whose cast time when reduced would be less than the normal 1.5 second GCD.

So since Dist is normally 1.5 seconds, any amount of Alacrity will allow you to chain cast it faster than the GCD.

Edited by Khadroth

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.