What's point of Social pts if you play Solo?

Jetsunz

I don't mind the whole social point thing, but I don't get why the pilot uniforms from space combat (an entirely solo passtime) got linked to social points? That doesn't seem right.

I never knew that. That's just plain wrong.

Needs to be brought to BW attention.

Okay, I solo mostly because no one wants to play with me. Today though I helped someone do heroic quests and had a great time though I also think social points favor pvpers and that's fine with me if I didn't have a quest telling me to get a social badge, lol, don't even know how to do it.

BTW, I'm on the Ebon Hawk server. I have two characters, a republic trooper and a sith warrior. Does anyone want to play with me? I'd love to do some flashpoints eventually. My trooper is only level 12. My sith is level 3 or something. PVP is definitely not my thing. PM me if you'd like to play with me or invite me to your guild.

Oh, OP, I disagree with you. I think most people like to group. It's just hard to find a group who wants you.

Depending on the AC you went with on the Trooper, spec yourself as either a tank or a healer, say something in General chat like "Healer (or tank) lfg..." and you'll probably get invited. Healing in this game is totally easy mode, and Vanguards are great tanks, so you shouldn't have too much difficulty with either of them. If you want to be dps, you can still try to ask people in Fleet General chat for a group, or you can try to find a guild that does flashpoint runs.

I got sixteen alts and all of them have Social 0 and it will remain that way as long as I play the game. I refuse to group. I get most satisfaction out of playing an mmo by doing everything myself

So....why put something like this in the game when clearly the majority of mmo players now days SOLO. You got people who hate grouping that are doing things they normally would not do to get Social pts. That means they are behaving in a fake way in the game and not being true to themselves

Bioware,..is this what you want? You want people to pretend to be Social? That's what it looks like to me

Goodluck with your pathetic attempt at Socializing mmo's...it's not gonna work

The only reason or benefit to get social points is social armor. Which is orange light armor that ... is basically intended to be worn in social settings. It provides no other benefits, especially if you are not a light armor class.

By all means play the game how you want. However, there are those of us who enjoy grouping and we don't exactly like to be moved into non-existance.

If anyone is "forced" to group, then clearly Bioware failed a bit in their "you shouldn't require a group for everything" approach...but some of this can be chalked up to bad play styles or underleveling.

I got sixteen alts and all of them have Social 0 and it will remain that way as long as I play the game. I refuse to group. I get most satisfaction out of playing an mmo by doing everything myself

Great! Cool. Awesome. Nothing wrong with soloing.

So....why put something like this in the game when clearly the majority of mmo players now days SOLO. You got people who hate grouping that are doing things they normally would not do to get Social pts. That means they are behaving in a fake way in the game and not being true to themselves

Your first statement is a fallacy. You =/= the majority. You have no evidence that "most players solo", and what evidence we do have points to exactly the opposite... that most people play in groups.

Regardless of any of the above, the reason it is in the game is for people that like to group. If you don't like to group, then don't do it. Social points are a reward/incentive for people that like grouping.

So....why put something like this in the game when clearly the majority of mmo players now days SOLO.

The problem with most research now days is something called objective bias.. This post is filled with it.. Do you care to post your case study proving the above point?