The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[MOVIE] OSB 7: 50 Vanguard 1v1s and 1vNs

Raggok

Hello,

This is an entertainment-styled video featuring gameplay on a 50 Vanguard using a Tactics/Assault hybrid build.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801ZrsMrobckzZfhMrzh.1

The content is a mixture of 1v1s, 1vNs, and some tricks/tips. The 1v1s are all against players with 15K+ hit points. For the 1v1s, I avoided clips using my relic and Battle Focus as they can burn someone down very quickly if they don't use consumables as well. For the 1vNs, everything is fair game as 1vNs in SWTOR are much harder to pull off than in other games.

I have made a few comments about some things that need to be fixed or looked at that you can see occur in the movie itself.

1. Players should not be able to accept a warzone queue while in combat.

2. Point blank AoEs often times fail to hit people who are clearly in the AoE area. This happens with Neural Surge, Pulse Cannon, Explosive Surge, etc.

3. After closer examination I was wrong on the third point. I thought the green bubble was an animation for Hunker Down, but it isn't. It seems to be an animation when Hunker Down "blocks" a control ability. In this case my Neural Surge. Does Hunker Down have a clear animation or do I actually have to look at the tiny buff bar to see when it is up?

I haven't played a Sniper/Gunslinger, so feedback would be appreciated. It's a powerful CD and it needs to have a distinctive animation.

If you like this movie, please comment to help keep it on the front page and give it support.

Thanks. :)

Hunker Down has a visible difference from normal cover. It is taller with "shoulders". A larger version of normal cover.

*edit* In your video, the grey metal looking corners on the top of the cover show that he had hunker down up.

I am leveling a van myself with basically that same spec. Hold the Line just looks amazing.

I love the vids, keep the Van rolling. :D

Edited by Cryowolf

Hunker Down has a visible difference from normal cover. It is taller with "shoulders". A larger version of normal cover.

*edit* In your video, the grey metal looking corners on the top of the cover show that he had hunker down up.

Oh, cool. I'll take a look at that. Snipers are a PITA since they can't be interrupted in cover and then with Hunker Down we can't remove them cover. Definitely need to know when Hunker Down is up so we don't waste stuns on it (like I did).

I am leveling a van myself with basically that same spec. Hold the Line just looks amazing.

I love the vids, keep the Van rolling. :D

Yeah, Hold the Line is such a game-changer when you have it.

Edited by Raggok

Okay Cryowolf, I went back and looked at the movie and I can see exactly what you are talking about. Those armor plated looking things on the corner of the cover animation.

Extremely valuable info!

I'll update the annotation on Youtube to reflect that info.

Edited by Raggok